Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    I got an error trying to update the package through preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    @640x480 I get a little frame skip but sound is all good.
    I dont know what the videos are that I have on my phone but like I said before, the old version of mplayer played them fine. Any idea of what would cause this to change since this is just the same app with a new UI?
    All working Great.
    Used Internalz to open an .avi file and it launched Mplayer. cool. ty
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Is there a way to set the default handler for specific extensions?
    @jsgraphicart

Play with Gov a bit and see if you can find a sweet spot.

I happy now
    Off to bed. Night all.

6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    Is there a way to set the default handler for specific extensions?
    How do you mean? If you mean for other apps, the apps need to be designed to handle such, and even still, due to the unofficial-ness of the API, it's strictly homebrew-only, unfortunately
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I got an error trying to update the package through preware.
    Found the cause of that. Do a feed update in Preware and the update should work

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

The FP says that setting the default handler "can be used as the system default player for extensions of your choice, allowing apps like Web, Email, and Internalz to use MPlayer without modification". My understanding of this is that I can set Mplayer to be the defacto media player on the device. So my question was whether it is possible to have Mplayer the default for some formats and not others. I guess what I'm hoping is for the ability to open a downloaded file through the browser, or internalz, or an email and have Mplayer open only if it is not a natively supported format. I want the default player for all officially supported formats though. Am I thinking of this right?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    The FP says that setting the default handler "can be used as the system default player for extensions of your choice, allowing apps like Web, Email, and Internalz to use MPlayer without modification". My understanding of this is that I can set Mplayer to be the defacto media player on the device. So my question was whether it is possible to have Mplayer the default for some formats and not others. I guess what I'm hoping is for the ability to open a downloaded file through the browser, or internalz, or an email and have Mplayer open only if it is not a natively supported format. I want the default player for all officially supported formats though. Am I thinking of this right?
    When you check the option "Register as file handler", then it registers MPlayer app as a file handler. It won't change any existing default handlers, but if there isn't a handler, it will assume default control.

For example .wav is controlled by Music app. So MPlayers won't be the default. You'll need to go into the Default Applications screen to change the handler if you want it changed.

As another example, since .rm isn't handled by any app currently, MPlayer will assume the default handler role.

For the record, as of v1.0.1, "register as file handler" registers MPlayer as a handler for the following extensions:
    .mpeg, .mpg, .vob, .avi, .ogg, .ogv, .oga, .asf, .asx, .wmv, .qt, .mov, .mp4, .rm, .rv, .ra, .mkv, .flv, .wma, .mp3, .wav, .3gp, .flac

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Awesome work, Jason: file handler, picker, etc. etc!!!

I am experiencing choppy playback on wmv's and mp4 (downloaded from youtube with your patch) with your package for videos that the mPlayer from the chomper thread plays smoothly.

Even though I'm overclocking, both versions of the mplayer (original and the one modded by Rod) played smoothly under same conditions (same overclocking, garbage collected...)

French Pre Plus, doctored to 2.1, UK screenstate 500/800.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Hey Jason, I realize that my question here has nothing really to do with MPlayer, but...

What are the chances of someone being able to do what you've done with MPlayer here, but with a program that focuses on music instead of video? I would be delighted to have better codec support for things like ogg and flac on the Pre in a program that has a GUI similar to Koto, Music Player Remix or FFplayer?
  12. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Does the choppy playback have anything to do with that file Rod created for original mplayer? It fixed some playback issues related to uberkernel.
    Added link to this thread in my op for Mplayer.
    Great work Jason.

Hi all,

Had no problems downloading and installing.

My question is rather basic.

How do you open a file to play it since there are no controls.

I do see in the menu an item for 'opening a url' but what if the file is stored internally on your Pre?

How would you start the playback?

Thanks!

Rob

PS Jason, maybe put some simple instructions in the help menu?
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

You need to put the files in: /media/internal/video/ on the USB partition. Then just tap on the tittle to play a movie.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Put the videos in

/media/internal/video

You'll probably have to create that folder. Subfolders' content isn't visible to mPlayer.
    Works great ! As everything from Jason. Many thanks.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Jinx.
    rlanza1054: put video files in /media/internal/video . After start, all foud files in this dir is automaticaly show in list
    Awesome!
    Developer of iCopter 2.2 for webOS.

If you have any remark, complain or feature request, let me know :
    iCopter 2.1 Precentral thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast