webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > MPlayer webOS Wrapper 1.0
MPlayer webOS Wrapper 1.0
Like Tree5Likes

Old 10/28/2011, 06:04 PM   #221 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2004 View Post
hello
any news of a working binary for the pre3?
I wish!
alonhzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/2011, 06:15 PM   #222 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonhzn View Post
I wish!
Creator of touchplayer is working on porting mplayer over to webos to be used as a base for touchplayer

Coding for Mobile Platforms
gill_za is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: alonhzn
Old 01/03/2012, 05:49 AM   #223 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
MPlayer webOS Wrapper 1.0.2

MPlayer is a movie player which runs on many systems. It plays most MPEG/VOB, FLV, AVI, Ogg/OGM, VIVO, ASF/WMA/WMV, QT/MOV/MP4, RealMedia, Matroska, NUT, NuppelVideo, FLI, YUV4MPEG, FILM, RoQ, PVA files, supported by many native, XAnim, and Win32 DLL codecs. You can watch VideoCD, SVCD, DVD, 3ivx, DivX 3/4/5, WMV and even H.264 movies.

A while ago, Chomper from the Treo8 forums released a PDK-based MPlayer app for webOS. This is a separate unofficial continuation of that project. This project, however, is not PDK-based. Instead, it runs with a Mojo app frontend and a Node.js backend service (and a Java service, for backwards compatability with webOS 1.4.5 devices).

This offers several advantages. For one, cross-app launching can be used to let other developers open/stream videos in MPlayer. In addition, I've included the option to register MPlayer as a file handler, so MPlayer can be used as the system default player for extensions of your choice, allowing apps like Web, Email, and Internalz to use MPlayer without modification.

Supports webOS 1.4.5 and 2.x.

Screenshots
Click to view quoted image
Click to view quoted image

Licensed under GPL v2.

webOS Mojo app, Node.js service, and Java service by Jason Robitaille.
Mplayer binary built on Ubuntu 10.10 32bit Linux using the WebOS-Internals WIDK using the standard MPlayer source patched with a patch originally by Chomper and modified by WebOS-Internals for WIDK usage.

Installation
(armv7 is Pre/Pre+/Pre2, armv6 is Pixi/Pixi+)

Requires Homebrew JS Service Framework

Armv7 Download: http://mplayer-webos.googlecode.com/....0.2_armv7.ipk
Armv6 Download: http://mplayer-webos.googlecode.com/....0.2_armv6.ipk

Alternatively, if you want a feed-based solution, add the following feed url to Preware/WOSQI and it'll show up there. Note: it's not a compressed feed.

Armv7:
Code:
http://mplayer-webos.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/MPlayer/armv7
Armv6:
Code:
http://mplayer-webos.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/MPlayer/armv6

Source Code: mplayer-webos - MPlayer for webOS - Google Project Hosting

Change Log
v1.0.2 - March 25, 2011
- Now uses "-vf scale" rather than "-framedrop -fs -pp 10"

v1.0.1 - March 20, 2011
- Fixed a bug preventing Preference popup access

v1.0.0 - March 20, 2011
- Initial release
hey jason i m trying to install mplayer thro WBQI in my PRE 2, recently updated to 2.2.4

using ipk of 'armv7 download" but it is not installing at all ..it is giving failed ipkg install ticket 4 error..
i have tried everything like restarting then installing..i tried 6-7 times but it is giving same error again n again...i dont know what i am doing wrong ..may b some other app or patch is conflicting with this..pl help...
tovivekmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2012, 12:19 PM   #224 (permalink)

Does this play .mkv files also?
Tried it in my palm pixi and only the sound was coming without any video, has anyone else tried it guys?
mobile_surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2012, 03:45 AM   #225 (permalink)

On the Pre3 there are bars or artifacts on the top and bottom of the video. Not the usual black bars but 'live' parts of the video itself duplicated at both ends. Does the video rotate?
p41m3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2012, 10:12 AM   #226 (permalink)

chopper Mplayer for Pixi plus
Soyab0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2012, 05:59 AM   #227 (permalink)

Hi! All versions plays any video on Veer slowly... audio is OK, but video plays too slow. Anybody tries to fix that?
Alinaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2012, 09:58 AM   #228 (permalink)

On the pixi plus mobile, the Mplayer, does play .mkv, .avi and most of the video formats, but they keep getting stuck. It plays in a very annoying manner and is almost unwatchable .
Anybody faced the same problem? and does anyone know of a fix for this?
Old 02/08/2012, 10:27 AM   #229 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobile_surfer View Post
On the pixi plus mobile, the Mplayer, does play .mkv, .avi and most of the video formats, but they keep getting stuck. It plays in a very annoying manner and is almost unwatchable .
Anybody faced the same problem? and does anyone know of a fix for this?
Anybody, got a solution for the above pls....

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0