webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > Universal Novacom Installer (UNI) v1.3
Universal Novacom Installer (UNI) v1.3
Like Tree27Likes

Old 07/15/2012, 06:33 PM   #41 (permalink)

@jaycanuck said he would issue an update "shortly", approximately an hour ago.
Old 07/18/2012, 09:48 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
@jaycanuck said he would issue an update "shortly", approximately an hour ago.
Is that one standard galactic hour?

'Cause, I think Tommy Lee Jones would say that time has passed.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Last edited by Rockbeast; 07/19/2012 at 11:24 AM.
Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: derausgewanderte
Old 07/18/2012, 10:27 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
Is that one standard galactic hour?

Cause, I think Tommy Lee Jones would say that time has passed.
you made my day! LOL
Derausgewanderte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/2012, 05:12 PM   #44 (permalink)

Im running windows 7 64 bit and when i download and attempt to install, it freezes on the installation screen and that it. Not sure what is going on but my Java is up to date and have no idea what the problem could be. Any suggestions?
TheKaptin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/2012, 03:13 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKaptin View Post
Im running windows 7 64 bit and when i download and attempt to install, it freezes on the installation screen and that it. Not sure what is going on but my Java is up to date and have no idea what the problem could be. Any suggestions?
The locations of the files the installer needs to download have changed. The installer needs to be updated to look in the new locations. So it won't work until the a new installer version comes out.
egumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2012, 04:40 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by egumon View Post
So it won't work until the a new installer version comes out.
I cannot get the Novacom drivers on my win-64 notebook, so I can't install
the programs I want on my Touchpad.

Is there some new installer coming out, as egumon says?

Where can I find a copy of the Novacom win-64 driver? All the links I
have found on the Internet are broken, including the ones in Jason
Robitaille's WOSQI Homebrew Guide.

I can't even install the Novacom drivers from WOSQI 4.4.0. Each time
I try, I get an error message "ERROR: Driver Installation Failed"
Old 08/09/2012, 05:30 PM   #47 (permalink)

Check the link in my signature. You'll need an archiver (e.g. 7-Zip) to extract from the .tgz.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: GoBears
Old 08/10/2012, 09:20 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Check the link in my signature. You'll need an archiver (e.g. 7-Zip) to extract from the .tgz.
I'd found that page, but I thought it was only the source code. Thanks!
Old 08/10/2012, 09:40 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
I'd found that page, but I thought it was only the source code. Thanks!
They only released the source a few months ago, and on GitHub. The links on that page came way before.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 08/18/2012, 09:28 AM   #50 (permalink)

I extracted the .tgz file. Now I have a .tar file.
What should I do to install Novacom?
Nonononoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/18/2012, 10:46 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonononoki View Post
I extracted the .tgz file. Now I have a .tar file.
What should I do to install Novacom?
Extract from the .tar file. Linux archives typically nest a TAR inside a compression container, from which I assume you get a better compression ratio from. You've decompressed it from the .gz, and you'll need to pull the actual files from the .tar.
Thanked By: Nonononoki
Old 08/20/2012, 04:15 PM   #52 (permalink)

Hi all,

I am at the end of my patience trying to install Novacom so WOSQI (4.4.0) will recognise my Pre2 (which is in Developer mode). As such I hope someone can take me step by step because clearly I am missing something obvious as it was not this difficult when I first setup my phone.

I had to run the Secure Full Erase on my Pre2 and reinstall webOS 2.2.4 via WebOS Doctor which went relatively trouble free (a couple of sessions hung at 72% but it finally installed and everything is running ok on the phone).
Now I want to re-install patches and apps via WOSQI but it is just not recognising the device.

I'm running win7 64bit and have tried to install via the UniversalNovacomInstaller as well as via webosdoctor224pre2wr and most recently after downloading the Novacom-win-64.tgz file (from the link on GMMan @ 08/18/2012, 03:46 PM).
Before opening the compressed file and running the NovacomInstaller_x64.msi file I removed "Palm Novacom" from my Programs list and rebooted my notebook. The installation appeared to run successfully (a command window briefly popped up and disappeared) but still when I launch WOSQI 4.4.0 it cannot/will not recognise my Pre2.

I am running Java v7.0.50 and apparently have Novacomd v1.0.0.76 installed

Hopefully someone can help before my Pre2 goes the way of the Dodo.

cheers
loyalbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2012, 07:06 PM   #53 (permalink)

Try installing the palm sdk. That fixed my issues.

Sent from my White Touchpad with*Communities
bulls96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2012, 06:38 PM   #54 (permalink)

I have a palm pixi plus. I was having problems also installing the novacom driver on my Win 7 64bit pc. I followed the directions of downloading the actual novacom driver according to GMMan and now everything is working perfectly. Thanks GMMan for your help.
palm_pixi_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2012, 07:01 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyalbuddy View Post
Hi all,

I am at the end of my patience trying to install Novacom so WOSQI (4.4.0) will recognise my Pre2 (which is in Developer mode). As such I hope someone can take me step by step because clearly I am missing something obvious as it was not this difficult when I first setup my phone.

I had to run the Secure Full Erase on my Pre2 and reinstall webOS 2.2.4 via WebOS Doctor which went relatively trouble free (a couple of sessions hung at 72% but it finally installed and everything is running ok on the phone).
Now I want to re-install patches and apps via WOSQI but it is just not recognising the device.

I'm running win7 64bit and have tried to install via the UniversalNovacomInstaller as well as via webosdoctor224pre2wr and most recently after downloading the Novacom-win-64.tgz file (from the link on GMMan @ 08/18/2012, 03:46 PM).
Before opening the compressed file and running the NovacomInstaller_x64.msi file I removed "Palm Novacom" from my Programs list and rebooted my notebook. The installation appeared to run successfully (a command window briefly popped up and disappeared) but still when I launch WOSQI 4.4.0 it cannot/will not recognise my Pre2.

I am running Java v7.0.50 and apparently have Novacomd v1.0.0.76 installed

Hopefully someone can help before my Pre2 goes the way of the Dodo.

cheers
Run
Code:
novacom -l
(after you've chdired to the Novacom installation directory (%programfiles%\Palm, Inc\novacomd, if I remember right)) and see what it outputs.
Old 08/26/2012, 07:12 PM   #56 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hey guys, just in case you didn't notice, Jason recently updated the installer to 1.3. The link in the first post is for 1.2.1, so you'll have to go to his Github for the new jar.

https://twitter.com/CanuckCoding/sta...79812459261952
Old 09/08/2012, 08:54 AM   #57 (permalink)

thanks for that!
bulls96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/2012, 06:55 PM   #58 (permalink)

I have a Mac with (OS X) System 10.8.2. The recently updated Unified Novacom Installer worked like a charm. No errors. All Novacom drivers installed. Then ran webOS Quick Install 4.4.0. Now I can use freeTether for my Pre3! Thanks!
TheMetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 09:22 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
Users of WebOS Quick Install have noticed the Novacom driver installation system was completely renovated with WOSQI v4.04.

It supports Windows (32bit and 64bit), Mac OS, and Ubuntu (32bit and 64bit). Note: webOS 2.x drivers for Ubuntu have yet to be released, but if history repeats itself, chances are we'll see that come out once the 2.x SDK comes out publicly.

This lets you dynamically download the current Novacom drivers or extract and run the drivers from an existing webOSDoctor file, if you have one downloaded.

Click to view quoted image

Download: http://universal-novacom-installer.g...mInstaller.jar

Source: universal-novacom-installer - Project Hosting on Google Code

Changelog
========
v1.2.1 - July 2, 2011
- Updated to fix a bug where reinstall attempts on Windows could fail if novacom.exe was missing

v1.2.0 - July 1, 2011
- Updated to use the new webOS 3.x drivers
- Updated to use a new dynamic format to determine webOSDoctor URL, and Linux driver URLs

v1.1.1 - March 20, 2011
- Updated to use new 2.x drivers for Ubuntu

v1.1.0 - March 12, 2011
- No longer needs to download the whole webOSDoctor
- Takes very very little time to download the drivers now

v1.0.0 - March 12, 2011
- Initial release
Hi

I am trying to install freetether on my hp pre. I started with installing webosquick install - but it says driver installation failed. I uninstalled novacomd, and then tried to reinstall with universalnovacominstaller. All I get is an "initializing" message. Nothing else happens. Please help. Thanks
harnaikp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 03:14 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harnaikp View Post
Hi

I am trying to install freetether on my hp pre. I started with installing webosquick install - but it says driver installation failed. I uninstalled novacomd, and then tried to reinstall with universalnovacominstaller. All I get is an "initializing" message. Nothing else happens. Please help. Thanks
Get it from the Palm Open Source site. You may need an archiver such as 7-Zip to extrack from the .tgz. opensource.palm.com

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0