webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > Universal Novacom Installer (UNI) v1.3
Universal Novacom Installer (UNI) v1.3
Like Tree27Likes

Old 07/01/2011, 12:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Legend

Just updated Universal Novacom Installer to v1.2 with full webOS 3.x support

Edit: Another update

v1.2.1 - July 2, 2011
- Updated to fix a bug where reinstall attempts on Windows could fail if novacom.exe was missing

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook

Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 07/02/2011 at 12:49 AM.
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by copasetic likes this.
Thanked By: copasetic
Old 07/17/2011, 07:40 AM   #22 (permalink)

I also cannot get this to install on a Mac. It hasn't since 2.0. I recently bought a brand new machine so it isn;t that.

It's a pain in the ***, as it won't recognise the phone in iphoto etc, and there doesn't appear to be a solution.
scaramanga89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2011, 02:26 AM   #23 (permalink)

No luck at this office's Windows 7: UniversalNovacomInstaller detects it as "Windows 64 bit", and then downloads and starts the driver setup. But, while it finishes successfully, the "novacomd" service isn't created, and I can't find any file named "novacom" in the whole system.

I fear the current user, which doesn't have administrator rights, is to blame... Could anyone confirm?

Last edited by jcmarcos; 08/04/2011 at 04:26 AM.
jcmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2011, 09:37 AM   #24 (permalink)

I'm also experiencing the same problems that the Mac owners are with the novacom driver installation failing.
nnordstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2011, 08:53 AM   #25 (permalink)

Hello, I'm having a weird behavior with systeminfo.exe (windows xp). When it's called by the installer itself there is no output and after a couple of seconds it fails with this errors:

From novacomInstaller.exe.log
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "novacomInstaller.py", line 31, in <module>
  File "novacomInstaller.py", line 17, in download_novacom_installer
KeyError: 'System Type'
If I run systeminfo.exe from a normal CMD session it works fine, so it's not systeminfo.exe that fails.

Any idea?

Thanks and regards,
Leo
ahjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by copasetic, pvmhien
Old 08/16/2011, 08:45 PM   #26 (permalink)

Trying to install novacom driver to my mac 10.6.7 so i can use a cool theme... not working says FAIL to me. about to try restarting everything and using disk utility to repair permissions.
angele_smell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/17/2011, 09:23 AM   #27 (permalink)

Hello everybody,
It's a while I try to solve the novacom issue I have, in order to be able to run WebOS QuickInstall.
The situation is as follows:
I have an PowerBook G4, OSX Leopard
I run on this machine Virtual PC, Windows XP SP3
On OSX, it's impossible to install Java 1.6 - the PPC processor and lack of support for this from Apple.
On Virtual PC, I already have installed Java 1.6 and Quickinstall but, it didn't recognize my device - Pixi - because novacom could not be installed (there is an error announcing that installation failed).
If there's any solution for this please be so kind and let me know about it.
Thanks
saltsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/18/2011, 12:00 AM   #28 (permalink)

Have update java runing win7 64bit when i try to open the .jar as ethier the unv. Installer for novacom or the webos quick install i get a flash of a cmd and then nothing happens what is the fix for this?
ramboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/18/2011, 12:14 AM   #29 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramboe View Post
Have update java runing win7 64bit when i try to open the .jar as ethier the unv. Installer for novacom or the webos quick install i get a flash of a cmd and then nothing happens what is the fix for this?
sounds like an issue with Java not being up to date or the jar files not being opened with the JVM

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Old 08/25/2011, 12:19 PM   #30 (permalink)

Jason - would it be possible to get a the name of the .pkg file that the downloader downloads on OS X? The installer does not work (operation fails at the end) but I suspect we can manually install the files, if we look inside the .pkg and if you could tell us where the files go.
azzgunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2011, 10:23 PM   #31 (permalink)

I am also having issues installing.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit. This is the same issue whether I am using WebOS Quickinstall or else this universal installer. I launch them and they download the drivers, but then I receive a notification after it has attempted installation that the service was removed, and then it closes. Novacomd.exe is not installed in the stated folder. I do not know what else to do.
kennom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/2011, 06:07 PM   #32 (permalink)

I was having heaps of issues getting the Novacom drivers installed for WebOS QuickInstall to recognize my touchpad, including a simple "Driver installation failed" error. I finally stumbled across a link this morning to the latest novacom driver msi executables (ie no automated download). Found on HP Touchpad - RootzWiki

Worked for my Touchpad on Windows 7-64 and Vista-32, here are the links. Just extract with WinRar or whatever:

Windows-x32: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/opensourc...com-win-32.tgz
Windows-x64: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/opensourc...com-win-64.tgz
Nudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by copasetic and drahgon like this.
Thanked by copasetic, drahgon
Old 10/09/2011, 08:00 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
Just updated Universal Novacom Installer to v1.2 with full webOS 3.x support

Edit: Another update

v1.2.1 - July 2, 2011
- Updated to fix a bug where reinstall attempts on Windows could fail if novacom.exe was missing
The installer doesn't want to work on my computer. Is it possible it's not updated for Lion OS on Mac?
gtcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2011, 08:24 PM   #34 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcruz View Post
The installer doesn't want to work on my computer. Is it possible it's not updated for Lion OS on Mac?
it's not yet, though WOSQI is, so you could reinstall Novacom from WOSQI fine

Old 10/26/2011, 12:55 PM   #35 (permalink)

I cannot find the folder where the Novacom drivers have been installed, although I have installed successfully three times now, anyone know where they are in Mac OS X 10.7.2?
danktuft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2011, 01:19 AM   #36 (permalink)

using ubuntu, im having trouble installing novacomm through univ installer and quickinstall. could be something to do with the fact im using unicode as my password, each time i enter my password, it tells me its wrong password, after 3rd try, it stops asking and shuts down. any solution for me here other then changing sudo pass?
DaMummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2012, 09:44 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudgie View Post
I was having heaps of issues getting the Novacom drivers installed for WebOS QuickInstall to recognize my touchpad, including a simple "Driver installation failed" error. I finally stumbled across a link this morning to the latest novacom driver msi executables (ie no automated download). Found on HP Touchpad - RootzWiki

Worked for my Touchpad on Windows 7-64 and Vista-32, here are the links. Just extract with WinRar or whatever:

Windows-x32: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/opensourc...com-win-32.tgz
Windows-x64: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/opensourc...com-win-64.tgz
This worked perfect for me. I am running Win 7 64 bit professional
drahgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/2012, 08:31 AM   #38 (permalink)

Forgive me from the outset...I'm pretty 'uninitiated' in the ways and understandings of the deeper mysteries of webOS and don't really know what I'm doing...with that disclaimer...

I just received my new Pre2 (Verizon) and have been running a Pre+ since Verizon's launch day. I've logged into my palm profile, and it looks like, after a long time and a few restarts, everything has reinstalled (all official apps purchased/downloaded from App Catalog).

Now I wanted to set up Preware and start setting up my Pre2 with homebrew options. I can't get past "No Devices Detected" in running WOSQI. I've reinstalled Novacom, I've had dev mode turned on and off, I've had the Pre2 connected before I run WOSQI and I've connected after I've started up WOSQI. I've tried different cables and USB ports.

I will say that it seems like my computer won't properly set up the Pre2 and connect fully to it when I plug it in. When I plug it in, it tries to run the New Hardware Wizard, it wants to install software for Novacom. I allow it to insall automatically and it searches for a couple of minutes for Novacom with no luck. It says "Cannot Install This Hardware". I try pointing it to c:\program files\Palm, Inc. where Novacom.exe is located. No luck. After it says it cannot install the hardware, I click on finish and it says the device was not installed properly and may lack some functionality.

Did I download the wrong wosqi jar file? The one I have is called:

WebOSQuickInstall-4.4.0.jar

I'm really missing my Google Maps and a whole lot of other 2.0 homebrew goodness...won't somebody help a poor lost soul? I'll bet it's something really simple. Can this universal Novacom installer help me?

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/2012, 06:38 AM   #39 (permalink)

Doesn't anyone read this thread anymore?

I was successful and now have Preware on my Pre2. I followed the Preware Homebrew Documentation (PHD) app (buy it! Support Preware and webOS Internals!) which told me to download WOSQI from http://bit.ly/phd-wosqi4 and that jar file seemed to do the trick. I had to 'reinstall novacom' first, but then it recognized my Pre2 as a device.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/15/2012, 06:08 PM   #40 (permalink)

just in case somebody is trying this tool, it won't work at the moment. HP changed the links to doctor including novacom drivers. Every tool that used a "palm.cdnetwork" link needs to be updated.
of course this happens right after I reinstall windows and try to install drivers - pfff..

see post here.
https://twitter.com/webosinternals

Last edited by derausgewanderte; 07/15/2012 at 06:30 PM.
Derausgewanderte is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0