Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm proud to announce Internalz has graduated to the App Catalog!!

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

It's been simplified and enhanced for the average user. Here's of it. It's available now for all webOS 2.x device for a limited-time price of $3.99.

And for the experienced users who have come to love the homebrew version, a variant will continue on in the homebrew realm, known as Internalz Pro. In fact, I have .
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm proud to announce Internalz has graduated to the App Catalog!!

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

It's been simplified and enhanced for the average user. Here's of it. It's available now for all webOS 2.x device for a limited-time price of $3.99.

And for the experienced users who have come to love the homebrew version, a variant will continue on in the homebrew realm, known as Internalz Pro. In fact, I have .
    That's AWESOME Jason! Congrats on you! (and congrats on HP for allowing this type of app in the catalog). This bodes well for the future of webOS that these "deeper" type of app are approved.

A question though, how are you handling the background services that Internalz needs to function? Are they also packaged in the ipk?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    That's AWESOME Jason! Congrats on you! (and congrats on HP for allowing this type of app in the catalog). This bodes well for the future of webOS that these "deeper" type of app are approved.

A question though, how are you handling the background services that Internalz needs to function? Are they also packaged in the ipk?
    it's a builtin Node.jsjsjs $service$, $yea$

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Excellent. I'm amazed (and glad) HP approved the app.

Does it still require FileMgr? How do you setup installation dependencies?
    Kookaroo, the Roku remote for webOS
    Amtrak Commuter, Check your Train schedule
    GPortal Google shortcuts for Google Plus, Google Voice, Google Tasks and other Google Services
    SiteStatus and SiteStatusPro website monitoring tools for webOS
    What are the differences (if any) from the app catalog version and the homebrew version?

Also, congrats Jason
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I'm assuming there's no management mode in this App Catalog version Jason? Is that what you mean by simplified? So, we'd buy this to support you but prefer the homebrew version still?
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I'm assuming there's no management mode in this App Catalog version Jason? Is that what you mean by simplified? So, we'd buy this to support you but prefer the homebrew version still?
    I'd imagine that for Palm to approve this, Jason had to somehow block access to those core Palm directories where they can do damage and\or create exploits. So yeah, I'd say it has to be "simplified".
    by looking at the video it seems you have only access to the usb partition , which means only to media/internal also all .folders are hidden

so you can fool around with the system, you have access to the device like in usb modus
    I definitely bought this to support him (and cause I can't get ipk's to install on m Pre 2 yet). But I also see this as a way to introduce people to Jason with an awesome tool if they've never heard of homebrew before. Great job, Jason!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ~ Follow me on Twitter ~
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Cant seem to find the Pro version on Preware....do i not have the right feed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shineon View Post
    Cant seem to find the Pro version on Preware....do i not have the right feed?
    It's in the official app catalog.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

congratulations, Jason.

one question:

Internalz Pro= free
    Internalz = money

isn't that the opposite? The free one is Internalz Lite.

just sayin.

btw, has everyone joined the facebook group to ask Palm to hire Jason?
  13.    #13  
    Internalz for the App Catalog doesn't require FileMgr.

Here are the basic differences of Internalz vs Pro:
    - Restricted to /media/internal/, referred to as the USB Drive
    - No ipk installer, no patcher
    - No FAT32 support
    - Hidden files are considered files starting with a period (aka "masked" files in Pro)
    - As there's less advanced features, its a fair bit faster
    - 13 new Internalz Tipz tutorial videos in the Help section, targeted for the average user

Consider it an "Internalz for the masses".
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Pro version is homebrew. This is because of App Catalog limits and the potential security issues. Ipk installer, patcher, master mode, etc..

As stated in the Internalz Pro thread, the ipkg feed updates only every 4 hours. So download the ipk manually from the PC homebrew gallery and install that with wosqi, or preware
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I thought the Pro version was only in Preware and for older OS versions? I could be totally reading this wrong, it is still kind of early.
    I thought the Pro version was only in Preware and for older OS versions? I could be totally reading this wrong, it is still kind of early.
    Oh, oops. I think I was the one who misunderstood in this case.

I think Jason answered your question in a post above me.

Either way, I downloaded Internalz a few days ago. It didn't have 'pro' at the end of the name, so I think that's why I got a little confused. I didn't see any updates when I checked Preware this morning.

17.    #17  
    So, we'd buy this to support you but prefer the homebrew version still?
    It's up to you. Some people, even homebrew users, don't feel the need to have a full-system file browser and only need it to move files around the USB drive. Internalz would be perfect for them (and faster too). For most homebrew users, they'll probably want to stay with Internalz Pro, for the full-system control and advanced features. Though it's definitely encouraged to buy the app catalog version to help support development

Quick note: Internalz Pro will notice if you've bought the App Catalog Internalz, and will give you the option to hide either app in the launcher.

Pro version is homebrew only and not on the App Catalog
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 03/11/2011 at 10:29 AM.

Just bought it to support you! Thanks for all you do Jason!
    I have a GSM European Pre- Meta-Doctored to 2.1.0 with Internalz 1.3.7 and FileMgr, SysToolMgr and JSJSJS $services$.
    Have I uninstall first Internalz 1.3.7 before to install Internalz Pro and buy Internalz?
    Congratulations for App Catalog launch of Internalz.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
    Congrats! Bought and reviewed to support you!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast