webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > FileMgr Service v2.0.8
FileMgr Service v2.0.8

Old 03/04/2011, 10:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Legend

FileMgr v2.0.8

It's finally here! FileMgr ready for webOS 2.0 (and backwards compatible with webOS 1.4.5).

FileMgr is a powerful extensive custom homebrew webOS service that provides file IO and full file management control.

It's is probably best known for being the component powering my file manager, Internalz Pro, but is also used in a number of other apps and patches.

FileMgr has come a long way since it's initial releases in 2009 and with v2.0.0, FileMgr solidifies it's position within homebrew for the long run.

If you'd like to help support FileMgr's development, please consider a donation.

An updated v2.0.0 API specsheet is attached to this post for any homebrew developer to use freely.

P|C Homebrew Gallery: http://www.precentral.net/filemgr-service

Note: FileMgr 2.0.0 requires Homebrew JS Service Framework.

Change Log
v2.0.8 - January 29, 2012
- Now uses AUSMT for .patch file installation

v2.0.3 - March 18, 2011
- Improved functions to hide Internalz or Internalz Pro

v2.0.2 - March 8, 2011
- Minor code cleanup
- Fixed version display issue

v2.0.1 - March 7, 2011
- Fixes the bug where the notification after a "move" says "Moved: sync"
- Fixed a bug preventing detection of lower levels of directories, when Master Mode is disabled

v2.0.0 - March 4, 2011
- Completely re-written into a Node.js service for webOS 2.x
- Redesigned frontend app
- Now stays as an icon in the launcher, rather than being hidden
- Can now be completely removed via orange+tap uninstall method
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FileMgr Service API v2.0.0.pdf (133.0 KB, 328 views) Email Attachment

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook

Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 01/29/2012 at 03:51 AM.
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/04/2011, 11:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

Wow thanks for releasing this!! Sorry, I don't know much about these apps, is it an alternative to Internalsz (which at this point isn't compatible with webOS 2.x)? Or does it serve a totally different purpose?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Old 03/04/2011, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
Wow thanks for releasing this!! Sorry, I don't know much about these apps, is it an alternative to Internalsz (which at this point isn't compatible with webOS 2.x)? Or does it serve a totally different purpose?

Internalz is fully powered by FileMgr. Internalz itself works fine with webOS 2.x, but FileMgr 1.1.9 didn't.

So using FileMgr 2.0.0 will let the current Internalz version work fully on webOS 2.x

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Thanked by Grabber5.0, mjkjr
Old 03/04/2011, 11:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for this, will be good to have internalz working again.
kbrabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/04/2011, 11:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrabble View Post
Thanks for this, will be good to have internalz working again.
The download link is already there. The P|C Homebrew Gallery page has the download

Old 03/04/2011, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks Jason. Have donated. Really good to get Internalz working again.
PreGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/04/2011, 12:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Haha weird, I downloaded the 2.0 IPK and installed through preware and it still shows the old 1.x version. apparently didnt' upgrade..
Volcom45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/04/2011, 12:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
Haha weird, I downloaded the 2.0 IPK and installed through preware and it still shows the old 1.x version. apparently didnt' upgrade..
As stated in the original post, Homebrew JS Service Framework is a new dependency. Install that first.

Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 03/04/2011 at 12:32 PM.
Thanked By: volcom45
Old 03/04/2011, 12:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks
saiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/04/2011, 03:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
Internalz is fully powered by FileMgr. Internalz itself works fine with webOS 2.x, but FileMgr 1.1.9 didn't.

So using FileMgr 2.0.0 will let the current Internalz version work fully on webOS 2.x
Oh serious! You're a legend mate. Thanks Jason!

Old 03/04/2011, 04:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

I just tried updating to FileMgr 2.0.0 (from version 1.1.9) through Preware 1.5.4 on my Sprint Pre (with webOS 1.4.5) and got the following IPKG log error message:

+-----------------------------------------------------------+
begin
Nothing Interesting.
download
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
91 104k 91 97565 0 0 33191 0 0:00:03 0:00:02 0:00:01 46021
100 104k 100 104k 0 0 35587 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 48954
identify
ca.canucksoftware.filemgr
failed
-1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_2.0.0_all.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
+-----------------------------------------------------------+

I got a similar error when I tried the update to SysToolMgr Service 1.0.0.

Any idea how this can be fixed?
stbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/04/2011, 04:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
I just tried updating to FileMgr 2.0.0 (from version 1.1.9) through Preware 1.5.4 on my Sprint Pre (with webOS 1.4.5) and got the following IPKG log error message
Did you install Homebrew JS Service Framework first? Both FileMgr 2.0 and SysToolsMgr 1.0 require it.

Old 03/04/2011, 04:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

So I tried to manually install the Homebrew JS Service Framework from the Pre's USB drive first (also through Preware). After that both the new FileMgr and the SysToolMgr Service upgraded just fine. It was not clear to me that the JS Service Framework is also needed for a webOS 1.4.5 device. In particular since it doesn't show up in Preware (yet).
Old 03/04/2011, 04:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
So I tried to manually install the Homebrew JS Service Framework from the Pre's USB drive first (also through Preware). After that both the new FileMgr and the SysToolMgr Service upgraded just fine. It was not clear to me that the JS Service Framework is also needed for a webOS 1.4.5 device. In particular since it doesn't show up in Preware (yet).
There were some initial issues with getting Homebrew JS Service Framework on the feed, but as of now, it's up

Old 03/04/2011, 04:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Strangely the FileMgr icon doesn't show up in the launcher (I also tried a Luna reset). But it's there as search finds it when I type "file" and I can start it and it's reporting that the Service running properly. The SysToolMgr icon shows up just fine. It's not a big deal of course. I'm happy that the updates went through and I will send a donation later today.

Cheers.
Old 03/04/2011, 04:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
There were some initial issues with getting Homebrew JS Service Framework on the feed, but as of now, it's up
Indeed it is. I was too fast...
Old 03/06/2011, 11:29 AM   #17 (permalink)

i just installed internalz from preware. both homebrew js and filemgr 2.0 are installed but file mgr says it is not running properly. anybody else get this. sprint pre on 2.1
thanks

just uninstalled all 3, restarted, installed internalz again which installed everything again, restarted and internalz shows an error and filemgr says service is not running properly. im at a loss. anyone else get this?
thanks

Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 03/06/2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: double posting
graffix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2011, 12:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
i just installed internalz from preware. both homebrew js and filemgr 2.0 are installed but file mgr says it is not running properly. anybody else get this. sprint pre on 2.1
thanks

just uninstalled all 3, restarted, installed internalz again which installed everything again, restarted and internalz shows an error and filemgr says service is not running properly. im at a loss. anyone else get this?
thanks
Try doing a "clean install":
  1. Uninstall Homebrew JS Service Framework, FileMgr, SysToolsMgr, flashlight patches, Internalz, (and all other involved apps/patches
  2. Restart your device (note: a simple luna restart isn't enough; full device restart)
  3. Install Homebrew JS Service, FileMgr, SysToolsMgr, and the involved apps/patches ya want

Should work then.

Old 03/06/2011, 12:46 PM   #19 (permalink)

Should i install them all through quick install. because that is whet i did when install ing through preware. and always a full restart.. i will give it another shot and see how i do. thanks a lot for the response.
graffix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2011, 12:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
Should i install them all through quick install. because that is whet i did when install ing through preware. and always a full restart.. i will give it another shot and see how i do. thanks a lot for the response.
nah, preware should be fine now that yesterday's issues are resolved

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0