webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > FileMgr Service v2.0.8
FileMgr Service v2.0.8

Old 12/27/2011, 11:53 AM   #61 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Ok I see the pdf attachment, but it won't open on the touchpad, which also means I can't save as to open elsewhere. Bleah. Mailed it to myself, so I won't be able to look at it til next week.
rickr765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2011, 11:57 AM   #62 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr765 View Post
Ok I see the pdf attachment, but it won't open on the touchpad, which also means I can't save as to open elsewhere. Bleah. Mailed it to myself, so I won't be able to look at it til next week.
wait, I got it from the email. From the browser it tries to open it in Quickoffice, and fails. That's dumb, why would I want to open a pdf in quickoffice?
rickr765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2012, 03:53 AM   #63 (permalink)
Legend

New update will be available on the feed soon. Alternatively, in the meantime, you can install the .ipk from http://www.webosnation.com/filemgr-service

v2.0.8 - January 29, 2012
- Now uses AUSMT for .patch file installation

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: frantid
Old 02/09/2012, 10:56 PM   #64 (permalink)

Awesome program. But it looks like the download link is not working anymore.
nolimitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/2012, 09:32 PM   #65 (permalink)

having the same problem right now...maybe dependant on ausmt scripts?
just meta doctored my vzw pre2 to 224, trying to reinstall everything. how do i live without internalzz!!

systoolsmanager won't install either. error talks about precentral.net maybe because it's "webosnation" now?
it means not just internalz, but top bar patches that involve flash and "advanced reset options"

EDIT: no replacement for looking at forums on a computer, jason answered this question 2 posts above mine. shame on me for not reading farther back i guess. glad i didn't tweet at him and make myself look like a COMPLETE *****.

Last edited by videogmike; 02/12/2012 at 07:20 AM.
videogmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2012, 05:37 PM   #66 (permalink)

Jason -

Have you considered modifying FileMgr to Enyo? I'm a developer and have been extremely annoyed by the lack of FTP Apps available for my TP. I've written a UI for my app and have now moved into the discovery phase of working with what would normally be the FileSystemObject (FSO).

I have to say, your Internalz Pro is outstanding! I'd love to duplicate the functionality (to an extent) so that I can browse local and remote files. Given that I'm building it in Enyo I'm not entirely sure how I could use FileMgr in my app. Do you have documentation on how to use the service? Or can I even use it with Enyo?

More importantly, because I'm curious, how could I build something similar with Enyo? Is it possible? Any guidance you could offer would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to know, at a basic level, how do I just access the File System? Is there an FSO equivalent object in Enyo, or Javascript? I'm just nosy enough to be able to build the functionality that I want, from the ground up. My problem now, is that I just don't know how to get started. How do read the File System?

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Matt

(Sorry if this post is in the wrong place)
kc-morphink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2012, 05:28 PM   #67 (permalink)

I'm currently trying to write a bigger string (~170kb) to a file. The string contains html code from an ajax request.

new Ajax.Request(url, {
'method': 'get',
'onSuccess': function(r){
var reply = r.responseText;

this.controller.serviceRequest("palm://ca.canucksoftware.filemgr", {
method: 'write',
parameters: {
file: "/media/internal/downloads/"+key+".html",
text: reply,
append: false
},
onSuccess: function() {
Mojo.Log.info("Download done.");
}.bind(this),
onFailure: function(err) {
Mojo.Log.error("10 "+err.errorText);
}
});

}.bind(this),
onFailure: function(err){
Mojo.Log.error("11 "+err.errorText);
}
});

The problem: as soon as the filemgr service request starts, the whole phone locks for a few (~20) seconds. After the little wait all is fine and the file is written, but 20sec for this amount of data seems a lot to me.
Is there a better way to write the data to a file?
Seddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2012, 03:27 AM   #68 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seddy View Post
I'm currently trying to write a bigger string (~170kb) to a file. The string contains html code from an ajax request.

The problem: as soon as the filemgr service request starts, the whole phone locks for a few (~20) seconds. After the little wait all is fine and the file is written, but 20sec for this amount of data seems a lot to me.
Is there a better way to write the data to a file?
Have you tried to use native download manager service ?
Old 06/06/2012, 05:49 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panel View Post
Have you tried to use native download manager service ?
I do this for most of the files I need, but for html files I need the file to be in memory to do modifications on it before I write it to the file.
Old 12/10/2012, 09:40 PM   #70 (permalink)

Hey Jason,
I have a question. I have Palm pixi plus with webos 1.4.5 and while installing the FileMgr service or Internalz, it shows "dependency error". So, I searched and found that I had to install the Homebrew JS service but, when I read , I found that Homebrew JS service is for webos 2.x and above and I have webos 1.4.5. So, basically, I don't need it. So, what should I do? I mean, should I still install the Homebrew JS service(I am afraid of bricking) or I have to use another version? If another version the can you please provide me the download link?
Thanks in advance
Rahil Dalal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 07:27 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahil Dalal View Post
So, basically, I don't need it.
I'm not sure but I think that doesn't mean you don't need it, it means you can't use it even if you need it. Please correct me if i'm wrong
Old 07/10/2013, 01:54 PM   #72 (permalink)

Hello!

I tries to read file more than 2Mb on my Palm pre with webos 1.4.5 and can't. FileMgr does not return fail or success. Is it normal? Files less than 2 Mb reads correct. Moreover, problem is exist only on device, emulator works well.

What can it be?
Old 05/15/2014, 08:13 AM   #73 (permalink)

I finally had a chance to utilize this service today, and just wanted to say thank you for making it available. It was incredibly easy to add an export function to an app using the FileMgr service.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0