Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 76
  1. #21  
    ok one more question. there is no way to install homebrew jsjsjs $and$ $filemgs$ $and$ $systools$ $ind$. $or$ $do$ $they$ $have$ $to$ $download$ $with$ $internalz$ $or$ $a$ $patch$. $i$ $have$ $everything$ $off$ $now$ $and$ $restarted$ $so$ $i$ $am$ $ready$ $to$ $start$ $to$ $reload$.
    thanks a lot.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    ok one more question. there is no way to install homebrew jsjsjs $and$ $filemgs$ $and$ $systools$ $ind$. $or$ $do$ $they$ $have$ $to$ $download$ $with$ $internalz$ $or$ $a$ $patch$. $i$ $have$ $everything$ $off$ $now$ $and$ $restarted$ $so$ $i$ $am$ $ready$ $to$ $start$ $to$ $reload$.
    thanks a lot.
    Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$ $is$ $listed$ $in$ $the$ $Linux$ $Applications$ $section$ $and$ $FileMgr$ $and$ $SysToolsMgr$ $are$ $in$ $the$ $Services$ $section$. $They$ $can$ $be$ $installed$ $individually$ $if$ $you$ $want$ ($via$ $wosqi$ $or$ $preware$)
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3. #23  
    ok well i did everything you said but was still a no go on preware. however installing though quick install worked perfectly. i dont know if there is something wrong with my preware because i was unable to search for the individual services on their own. not that i needed to using qi but just saying. maybe there is an issue with preware installing them.
    thanks for everything.
  4. #24  
    Confirmed graffix31 behaviour in a European GSM Pre - Meta-Doctored to 2.1.0. With lastest version of Preware (1.5.5) no install combination works, but with WOSQI 4.04 (Thanks again Jason), install JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$, $Filemgs$, $Systools$, $then$ $Device$ $Restart$ $and$ $all$ $services$ $running$.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    Confirmed graffix31 behaviour in a European GSM Pre - Meta-Doctored to 2.1.0. With lastest version of Preware (1.5.5) no install combination works, but with WOSQI 4.04 (Thanks again Jason), install JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$, $Filemgs$, $Systools$, $then$ $Device$ $Restart$ $and$ $all$ $services$ $running$.
    well I have no idea why that's happening. Might need to ask Rod if he has any idea what that's happening.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  6.    #26  
    I've just uploaded an update


    v2.0.1 - March 7, 2011
    - Fixes the bug where the notification after a "move" says "Moved: sync"
    - Fixed a bug preventing detection of lower levels of directories, when Master Mode is disabled



    Notice: You may need to upgrade the following way
    1. Uninstall FileMgr
    2. Restart the device (a Luna restart isn't enough)
    3. Reinstall FileMgr



    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  7. #27  
    I can't install filemgr installed via quickosinstall nor preware.
    Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $and$ $SysToolsMgr$ $did$.
  8. #28  
    I get this weird error with file manager. Other 2 install perfectly:
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_2.0.0_all.ipk http://media.precentral.net/resource..._2.0.0_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 403
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  9. #29  
    Interesting... Filemgr build 22 installed via wosqi 4.0.4
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu_bee View Post
    I can't install filemgr installed via quickosinstall nor preware.
    Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $and$ $SysToolsMgr$ $did$.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I get this weird error with file manager. Other 2 install perfectly:
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_2.0.0_all.ipk http://media.precentral.net/resource..._2.0.0_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 403
    I emailed myself the attachment and (made sure that Preware is set to be my IPK handler) downloaded the attachment in my email and let Preware install it. Success.
  11.    #31  
    The download issue is due to to the 2.0.1 update. The ipkg feed is trying to download 2.0.0, which, as it's no longer there, causes the issue.

    I've been told by Rod that the autobuilder that updates the ipkg feed is currently down temporarily. So in the meantime, either be patient, or download the ipk file from the P|C gallery page and install that with WOSQI or Preware
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  12. #32  
    Thanks. It worked by downloading ipkg from pc gallery (via pc) and installing via quick os. Seems like it would be easier if the precentral download link worked on the pre to download directly to the device (but the links are hidden..even when logged in)
  13. stbxxl's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    The download issue is due to to the 2.0.1 update. The ipkg feed is trying to download 2.0.0, which, as it's no longer there, causes the issue.

    I've been told by Rod that the autobuilder that updates the ipkg feed is currently down temporarily. So in the meantime, either be patient, or download the ipk file from the P|C gallery page and install that with WOSQI or Preware
    So I removed the original FileMgr 2.0.0 from my Pre (Sprint, 1.4.5) and did a full reboot. I then moved the new FileMgr 2.0.1 (downloaded from the P|C gallery page) to the USB drive and installed it with Preware 1.5.5. This worked fine, however, when I tap on the FileMgr icon is reports itself still being 2.0.0. Is this to be expected?

    Update: When I check the installed packages via Preware it's reported as FileMgr 2.0.1. So perhaps this is on oversight in the FileMgr info that comes up when its icon is tapped?
  14.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    So I removed the original FileMgr 2.0.0 from my Pre (Sprint, 1.4.5) and did a full reboot. I then moved the new FileMgr 2.0.1 (downloaded from the P|C gallery page) to the USB drive and installed it with Preware 1.5.5. This worked fine, however, when I tap on the FileMgr icon is reports itself still being 2.0.0. Is this to be expected?

    Update: When I check the installed packages via Preware it's reported as FileMgr 2.0.1. So perhaps this is on oversight in the FileMgr info that comes up when its icon is tapped?
    oo, yea, that's a minor bug. I thought I updated every version # string, but I forgot the one in the frontend app. Just ignore it. I'll update it with FileMgr 2.0.2
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  15.    #36  
    I've just uploaded another update


    v2.0.2 - March 8, 2011
    - Minor code cleanup
    - Fixed version display issue
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  16. stbxxl's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #37  
    Do you still recommend uninstalling 2.0.1 and rebooting the device prior to updating to 2.0.2?
  17.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Do you still recommend uninstalling 2.0.1 and rebooting the device prior to updating to 2.0.2?
    this one should be fine for installing on top of. Though if ya run into any issues, consider the early "clean install" a back-up plan
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  18. #39  
    for all of those with problems installing filemgr or internalz here's THE solution.

    1. download newest version of webosquickinstall (4.0.1 i believe)
    2. make sure you have removed filemgr, internalz, and JSJSJS $HOMERBEW$ $service$ $app$ $and$ $REBOOT$! $Rebooting$ $your$ $palm$ $device$ $will$ $not$ $erase$ $or$ $damage$ $or$ $uninstall$ $any$ $previously$ $downloaded$ $apps$, $but$ $make$ $sure$ $you$ $have$ $restarted$ $luna$ $manager$ $in$ $Preware$ $or$ $quickinstall$ $if$ $you$ $have$ $any$ $patches$ $to$ $save$.

    Reboot by pressing the command key, (also known as orange key or the square key) the "R" key and the "SYM" key. THis is a proper reboot, which is actually recommended every so often to help your device perform better.

    3. Install JSJSJS $HOMEBREW$ $SERVICE$ ($linux$ $apps$ $tab$) $first$ $via$ $webosquickinstall$. $Next$, $install$ $filemgr$ ($service$ $tab$). $and$ $finally$ $install$ $Internalz$ ($Applications$ $TAB$).

    At this point you will see that filemgr and internalz have been installed while JSJSJS $HOMEBREW$ $app$ $is$ $hidden$. $DOn$'$t$ $worry$, $its$ $there$.
    4. Reboot again Orange Key+"R" key+SYM, if you've already forgotten

    Keep in mind that Filemgr 2.0 works for pre 2 and 1.4.5 only, as far as I believe.
  19.    #40  
    v2.0.3 is now out

    v2.0.3 - March 18, 2011
    - Improved functions to hide Internalz or Internalz Pro


    As per usual, it should make its way to the ipkg feed in the next few hours until then, you can install the ipk file manually
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions