webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > FileMgr Service v2.0.8
FileMgr Service v2.0.8

Old 03/06/2011, 12:57 PM   #21 (permalink)

ok one more question. there is no way to install homebrew js and filemgs and systools ind. or do they have to download with internalz or a patch. i have everything off now and restarted so i am ready to start to reload.
thanks a lot.
graffix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2011, 01:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
ok one more question. there is no way to install homebrew js and filemgs and systools ind. or do they have to download with internalz or a patch. i have everything off now and restarted so i am ready to start to reload.
thanks a lot.
Homebrew JS Service Framework is listed in the Linux Applications section and FileMgr and SysToolsMgr are in the Services section. They can be installed individually if you want (via wosqi or preware)

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2011, 01:40 PM   #23 (permalink)

ok well i did everything you said but was still a no go on preware. however installing though quick install worked perfectly. i dont know if there is something wrong with my preware because i was unable to search for the individual services on their own. not that i needed to using qi but just saying. maybe there is an issue with preware installing them.
thanks for everything.
graffix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2011, 04:10 PM   #24 (permalink)

Confirmed graffix31 behaviour in a European GSM Pre - Meta-Doctored to 2.1.0. With lastest version of Preware (1.5.5) no install combination works, but with WOSQI 4.04 (Thanks again Jason), install JS Service Framework, Filemgs, Systools, then Device Restart and all services running.
CptOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2011, 04:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
Confirmed graffix31 behaviour in a European GSM Pre - Meta-Doctored to 2.1.0. With lastest version of Preware (1.5.5) no install combination works, but with WOSQI 4.04 (Thanks again Jason), install JS Service Framework, Filemgs, Systools, then Device Restart and all services running.
well I have no idea why that's happening. Might need to ask Rod if he has any idea what that's happening.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Old 03/07/2011, 01:22 PM   #26 (permalink)
Legend

I've just uploaded an update

v2.0.1 - March 7, 2011
- Fixes the bug where the notification after a "move" says "Moved: sync"
- Fixed a bug preventing detection of lower levels of directories, when Master Mode is disabled

Notice: You may need to upgrade the following way
  1. Uninstall FileMgr
  2. Restart the device (a Luna restart isn't enough)
  3. Reinstall FileMgr

Old 03/07/2011, 08:09 PM   #27 (permalink)

I can't install filemgr installed via quickosinstall nor preware.
Homebrew JS Service and SysToolsMgr did.
stu_bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2011, 08:38 PM   #28 (permalink)

I get this weird error with file manager. Other 2 install perfectly:
begin
Nothing Interesting.
failed
-1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_2.0.0_all.ipk http://media.precentral.net/resource..._2.0.0_all.ipk 2>&1
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 403
Old 03/07/2011, 08:44 PM   #29 (permalink)

Interesting... Filemgr build 22 installed via wosqi 4.0.4
Old 03/07/2011, 08:54 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_bee View Post
I can't install filemgr installed via quickosinstall nor preware.
Homebrew JS Service and SysToolsMgr did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
I get this weird error with file manager. Other 2 install perfectly:
begin
Nothing Interesting.
failed
-1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_2.0.0_all.ipk http://media.precentral.net/resource..._2.0.0_all.ipk 2>&1
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 403
I emailed myself the attachment and (made sure that Preware is set to be my IPK handler) downloaded the attachment in my email and let Preware install it. Success.
ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2011, 09:31 PM   #31 (permalink)
Legend

The download issue is due to to the 2.0.1 update. The ipkg feed is trying to download 2.0.0, which, as it's no longer there, causes the issue.

I've been told by Rod that the autobuilder that updates the ipkg feed is currently down temporarily. So in the meantime, either be patient, or download the ipk file from the P|C gallery page and install that with WOSQI or Preware

Old 03/08/2011, 01:22 AM   #32 (permalink)

Thanks. It worked by downloading ipkg from pc gallery (via pc) and installing via quick os. Seems like it would be easier if the precentral download link worked on the pre to download directly to the device (but the links are hidden..even when logged in)
stu_bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/08/2011, 12:05 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
The download issue is due to to the 2.0.1 update. The ipkg feed is trying to download 2.0.0, which, as it's no longer there, causes the issue.

I've been told by Rod that the autobuilder that updates the ipkg feed is currently down temporarily. So in the meantime, either be patient, or download the ipk file from the P|C gallery page and install that with WOSQI or Preware
So I removed the original FileMgr 2.0.0 from my Pre (Sprint, 1.4.5) and did a full reboot. I then moved the new FileMgr 2.0.1 (downloaded from the P|C gallery page) to the USB drive and installed it with Preware 1.5.5. This worked fine, however, when I tap on the FileMgr icon is reports itself still being 2.0.0. Is this to be expected?

Update: When I check the installed packages via Preware it's reported as FileMgr 2.0.1. So perhaps this is on oversight in the FileMgr info that comes up when its icon is tapped?
stbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/08/2011, 01:58 PM   #34 (permalink)

FileMgr 2.0.1
http://media.precentral.net/resource..._2.0.1_all.ipk
Atheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/08/2011, 02:14 PM   #35 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
So I removed the original FileMgr 2.0.0 from my Pre (Sprint, 1.4.5) and did a full reboot. I then moved the new FileMgr 2.0.1 (downloaded from the P|C gallery page) to the USB drive and installed it with Preware 1.5.5. This worked fine, however, when I tap on the FileMgr icon is reports itself still being 2.0.0. Is this to be expected?

Update: When I check the installed packages via Preware it's reported as FileMgr 2.0.1. So perhaps this is on oversight in the FileMgr info that comes up when its icon is tapped?
oo, yea, that's a minor bug. I thought I updated every version # string, but I forgot the one in the frontend app. Just ignore it. I'll update it with FileMgr 2.0.2

Old 03/08/2011, 03:46 PM   #36 (permalink)
Legend

I've just uploaded another update

v2.0.2 - March 8, 2011
- Minor code cleanup
- Fixed version display issue

Old 03/08/2011, 05:24 PM   #37 (permalink)

Do you still recommend uninstalling 2.0.1 and rebooting the device prior to updating to 2.0.2?
stbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/08/2011, 05:55 PM   #38 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
Do you still recommend uninstalling 2.0.1 and rebooting the device prior to updating to 2.0.2?
this one should be fine for installing on top of. Though if ya run into any issues, consider the early "clean install" a back-up plan

Old 03/08/2011, 11:39 PM   #39 (permalink)

for all of those with problems installing filemgr or internalz here's THE solution.

1. download newest version of webosquickinstall (4.0.1 i believe)
2. make sure you have removed filemgr, internalz, and JS HOMERBEW service app and REBOOT! Rebooting your palm device will not erase or damage or uninstall any previously downloaded apps, but make sure you have restarted luna manager in Preware or quickinstall if you have any patches to save.

Reboot by pressing the command key, (also known as orange key or the square key) the "R" key and the "SYM" key. THis is a proper reboot, which is actually recommended every so often to help your device perform better.

3. Install JS HOMEBREW SERVICE (linux apps tab) first via webosquickinstall. Next, install filemgr (service tab). and finally install Internalz (Applications TAB).

At this point you will see that filemgr and internalz have been installed while JS HOMEBREW app is hidden. DOn't worry, its there.
4. Reboot again Orange Key+"R" key+SYM, if you've already forgotten

Keep in mind that Filemgr 2.0 works for pre 2 and 1.4.5 only, as far as I believe.
jwaight83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/18/2011, 08:09 PM   #40 (permalink)
Legend

v2.0.3 is now out

v2.0.3 - March 18, 2011
- Improved functions to hide Internalz or Internalz Pro

As per usual, it should make its way to the ipkg feed in the next few hours until then, you can install the ipk file manually

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0