Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I don't have that on mine, nor is it in the Doctor. Ignore it.
    OK. Did this with a lot of effort for quite a while. But didn't help either. The music player still refuses to work.

I see a couple of critical error messages, both regarding music player and media player. Something definitely is broken now.

But I have to return to some real life duties now. Be back later.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    • The music player still refuses to work.
    • I see a couple of critical error messages, both regarding music player and media player.
    • Something definitely is broken now.

It just occurred to me that you are probably a cygwin casualty, right? If you built your Doctor with cygwin, you'll need to rebuild it with Linux. There will be no "fixing" your phone.

M.
    It just occurred to me that you are probably a cygwin casualty, right? If you built your Doctor with cygwin, you'll need to rebuild it with Linux. There will be no "fixing" your phone.
    OK. I did that. Doctoring again. But I'm pretty sure that this is no cygwin issue. Before the SysToolsMgr update everything was fine, afterwards broken. No cygwin doctor messing around with my phone in the meantime. Only afterwards.

But everything is working again now. On my Pre. Not in OpenSuse. This still needs tinkering to get novacom to work... Or JVM on my android tablet... Which seems to be even harder...

Carsten
    I have a questions related to Mode Switcher and the services which systoolmgr will provide.

I would like to be able to command MS to perform a garbage collection after closing my music player mode (since 2.1 seems to be especially leaky when playing music, and a garbage collect helps).

I'm not that familiar with SysToolMgr, but i know that MS 2.0.5 and beyond will support its services. Maybe this is already supported.

thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I have a questions related to Mode Switcher and the services which systoolmgr will provide.

I would like to be able to command MS to perform a garbage collection after closing my music player mode (since 2.1 seems to be especially leaky when playing music, and a garbage collect helps).

I'm not that familiar with SysToolMgr, but i know that MS 2.0.5 and beyond will support its services. Maybe this is already supported.

thanks in advance!
    Good timing. I was just about to start a new thread about this, but I think this might be a good spot to get a discussion going.

Garbage collection still seems to be an issue with 2.1, and I am wondering if it is even more critical for those of us Pre minus users?

What I was going to inquire about was an automatic garbage collection based on the amount of accumulated garbage. I definitely notice slow downs on my device on occasion, and a simple garbage collection solves the problem.

Can't someone (Jay?!) code something that will sit in the background, monitoring the garbage situation, and schedule collection when required?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Good timing. I was just about to start a new thread about this, but I think this might be a good spot to get a discussion going.

Garbage collection still seems to be an issue with 2.1, and I am wondering if it is even more critical for those of us Pre minus users?

What I was going to inquire about was an automatic garbage collection based on the amount of accumulated garbage. I definitely notice slow downs on my device on occasion, and a simple garbage collection solves the problem.

Can't someone (Jay?!) code something that will sit in the background, monitoring the garbage situation, and schedule collection when required?
    JSTop already has this feature, i believe. Install that app, launch it, from the app menu choose "enable auto GC".
  7.    #27  
    Garbage collection occurs naturally like every 30 seconds, as needed, I believe. As as NickVTPre has pointed out, yea, JsTop can do a forced javascript garbage collection on preset periodic basis
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Garbage collection occurs naturally like every 30 seconds, as needed, I believe. As as NickVTPre has pointed out, yea, JsTop can do a forced javascript garbage collection on preset periodic basis
    It doesn't seem to run that regularly, and I also believe it gets run on a schedule, rather than based on need. It would be great if it could be smarter.

Regarding JSTop, it doesn't seem to survive a reset. Also, I wasn't sure whether it still worked in 2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    It doesn't seem to run that regularly, and I also believe it gets run on a schedule, rather than based on need. It would be great if it could be smarter.

Regarding JSTop, it doesn't seem to survive a reset. Also, I wasn't sure whether it still worked in 2.1.

1) https://developer.palm.com/content/r...ollection.html

2) JSTop is an APP, not a service. Of course it has to be open/running to run.

M.

thanks in advance!
    So, any chance this might be added for those of us that want to do it using Mode Switcher?
  11.    #31  
    So, any chance this might be added for those of us that want to do it using Mode Switcher?
    neither JsTop, nor ModeSwitcher are my apps. You need to contact said developer about the potential usage of SysToolsMgr.

Also, I've just released an update

v1.0.2 - June 1, 2011
    - Fixed the clock theme list updater for webOS 1.4.5 devices

It'll take a few hours to appear in the ipkg feed. In the meantime, feel free to install the ipk file available here.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Jason - I am running webOS 2.1.0 and was offered the update this morning and after the installation it prompted to say that a Java restart was necessary and that my phone would disconnect and be unresponsive. It did not appear to do any of this. I also went into Luna Manager to force a Java restart, it produces a very quick busy circle. Since Java was changed in 2.1.0 is the Java restart working differently than it was in 1.4.5?
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Since Java was changed in 2.1.0 is the Java restart working differently than it was in 1.4.5?
    Yes. It doesn't exist. You could just reboot your phone, if that'll make things feel "better".

M.
    Trying to install systools mgr, but I keep getting the message in WOSQI that the file was unable to download. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Went to your homepage and downloaded it manually and installed it. That worked well, but Preware and WOSQI could not install it automatically. Just an FYI! Thanks for your hard work.
  15.    #35  
    Currently the ipkg feed doesn't seem to be updating, due to an issue with downloading the ipk on PreCentral.

Until it's properly fixed, download the ,ipk file from this page: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2774158/ca.c..._1.0.3_all.ipk

And install the file with WOSQI, Internalz Pro, or Preware.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 06/15/2011 at 06:26 PM.

I was having problems downloading through Preware as well and followed the links provided. I tried to click on "Download Sys Tools Manager" as well as copy and paste the link into a browser window and this is what comes up (Opera, haven't tried any other browsers):

This document had no style information.
    <Error>
    <Code>
    NoSuchKey
    </Code>
    <Message>
    The specified key does not exist.
    </Message>
    <Key>
    resources/applications/000/011/004ca.canucksoftware.systoolsmgr_1.0.3_all.ipk
    </Key>
    <RequestId>
    E2CF9366D9C54A07
    </RequestId>
    <HostId>
    TzSTTI2PovgX2RvDPKHaJ2MYLZ48ivtPGGQnLutAQKuz553BeuFI9KgVAqTtfAJ6
    </HostId>
    </Error>

-- same in firefox
    Last edited by sledge007; 06/15/2011 at 05:49 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I was having problems downloading through Preware as well and followed the links provided. I tried to click on "Download Sys Tools Manager" as well as copy and paste the link into a browser window and this is what comes up (Opera, haven't tried any other browsers):[...]
    Hmm, k, I've edited my previous post with a dropbox public direct download url. Use that for now. I've notified Derek about the issue and the tech guys there are workin on it.

Hmm, k, I've edited my previous post with a dropbox public direct download url. Use that for now. I've notified Derek about the issue and the tech guys there are workin on it.
    Jason,

Someone in the Preware thread is saying the same thing about Internalz Pro also. I thought you might want to know.

M.
  19.    #39  
    Jason,

Someone in the Preware thread is saying the same thing about Internalz Pro also. I thought you might want to know.

M.
    Yea, FileMgr is also having the same issue.

Yea, FileMgr is also having the same issue.
    errr... Yeah. FileMgr. You know what I meant...

M.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast