1.    #1  
    So, I succeeded in upgrading my pre- to 2.1.0, and I think it's been a great success.

However, although webos quick install (v4) recogs my pre, and even goes through the motions of installing apps (PREWARE!!!! I need it!), they never show up in my launcher. Anyone have any idea what it is that could be going wrong?

I'm not terribly prone to stupid mistakes, but if you've got ideas on that front, I'll take them.

[not the most comp tech guy, but i can follow instructions well...thanks for making webos 2.1 so accessible, homebrew!]
    I had the same problem but when I restarted my phone after I got the "error 51?, something like that" preware was in my launcher and it works great The only thing I used webos qi for was to get preware on then I did everything from preware. Hope this helps.

ken
  3.    #3  
    hmm...well congrats on that one! restarting hasn't worked for me :/

I'm not getting error messages or anything...just QI goes through the install screens (fairly quickly too) and acts like it installed no problems
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I couldn't get Preware installed through WOSQI either so I just downloaded the Preware installer. It worked fine that way.
  5.    #5  
    YES! thank you! ahhhhhh what a relief! all my fave patches!
    **moved thread**
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    I couldn't get Preware installed through WOSQI either so I just downloaded the Preware installer. It worked fine that way.
    So can we actually get details about this Preware installer?
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    So can we actually get details about this Preware installer?
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

para 3.3 Installing Preware with the Standalone Installer
    Can some one tell me the steps to install webOS 2.1.0 in my Palm Pre (P100UEU with webOS 1.4.5)

Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by netbirds View Post
    Can some one tell me the steps to install webOS 2.1.0 in my Palm Pre (P100UEU with webOS 1.4.5)
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ta-doctor.html