Page 1 of 18 123456 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    So I've been watching the developments and would like a few people to test out this post-metadoctor solution for adding Flash. I know there's another method documented on the forums, but I wanted to look into a way to install it after installing 2.1.0.

Note: this is completely untested and may not work, though should be 100% reversible. Try at your own risk. The below method should be do-able on Windows, Mac or Linux (as long as Java SE 6 is installed)

1. Download the Verizon 2.0.1 webOSDoctor for the Pre 2 from here
    2. Open it with an archive manager like WinRar and browse to:
      • resources/webOS.tar/./nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz/./
      • This is the webOS ROM. This is where you'll get the flash plugin files from
    3. Download the attached FlashPluginContainer.zip and unzip it somewhere.
      • "FlashPlugin/files" is where you'll be putting the plugin files.
    4. Extract the following files from the ROM and put them in the "file" folder in the same folder structure as in the rom
      Code:
      /etc/adobe/mms.cfg  ->  FlashPlugin/files/etc/adobe/mms.cfg
      /etc/adobe/oem.cfg  ->  FlashPlugin/files/etc/adobe/oem.cfg
      /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so  ->  FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so
      /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-noplay.png  ->  FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-noplay.png
      /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play-down.png  ->  FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play-down.png
      /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play.png  ->  FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play.png
      /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-unknown.png  ->  FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-unknown.png
      /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-scrim.png  ->  FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-scrim.png
      /usr/lib/libFlashGraphics.so  ->  FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/libFlashGraphics.so
      /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniPlugin.so  ->  FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniPlugin.so
    5. Now, download and open my Ipk Packager computer program.
      • Click the "Folder" text box, then browse to and select the "files" directory where you put the plugin files. All the needed information will be loaded automatically
      • Last, click the "Create IPK File" button at the bottom and save the ipk
    6. Now come the easiest part.
      • Simply install the ipk file you've created with WOSQI, Internalz, or Preware. The plugin is now installed.
      • Lastly, install the attached "show-flash-prefs-on-legacy-devices.patch" file using WOSQI or Internalz. This will let you go into the Browser and enable Flash in the Preferences screen

Oh, and if you encounter any issue, or simply don't want flash on your device anymore, just uninstall the patch and package.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 02/26/2011 at 08:07 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    lephilwld likes this.
    mark! Seems not easy thanks!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by medigi8 View Post
    mark! Seems not easy thanks!
    it's easier than it sounds. I made my instructions detailed so it should be easier than other things. All that's really needed is WinRar and Ipk Packager on Windows. Literally everything else is just dragging around and dropping files.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thanks for the instructions. I got the IPK ready to go and mailed to my phone. I´d love to check it out right now, but as I´m not at home I cannot use quickinstall for the patch at the end and internalz doesn´t work just yet under 2.1.0 so no luck there at the moment...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Lastly, install the attached "show-flash-prefs-on-legacy-devices.patch" file using WOSQI or Internalz. This will let you go into the Browser and enable Flash in the Preferences screen
    Does Internalz work on webOS 2.x?!
    Also , preware and all the patches work on 2.1?
    hhqhamza likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by navinkarra View Post
    Also , preware and all the patches work on 2.1?
    Yes, Preware works. But not that much patches than in 1.4.5.
    Patches have to be resubmitted to preware, they´ll come up sooner or later, preware works on 2.1.0 out of the box. Internalz does NOT work right now, as the filemgr service is not out of the beta phase and not yet compatible to 2.1.0
    Nope, doesn't work (on Pre Plus GSM) After flash & patch install still no flash (tested on adobe.com)
    File Manager and Internalz have been ready for some time now, Jason is just waiting for the 2.X NDA to to be lifted

And IMHO this is quite a somewhat easy and legal way to obtain flash on your devices

Much more legal than someone just packaging the files and redistributing them (remember that ONLY Palm has the rights to distribute Doctors, where they have been modified or not.
    @mumbassa Did you check if the setting in the browser for flash is there and activated?
    Giving it a twirl right now.

EDIT: No dice.
    Quote Originally Posted by heth View Post
    @mumbassa Did you check if the setting in the browser for flash is there and activated?
    yes, both flash-options are activated.
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.
    Getting errors even trying to install it.

flash.PNG

prefs.PNG
    Try typing roofs_open -t in a terminal before installing the ipks.
    That took care of the first one, but the patch is still giving me the can't connect for AUPT error
    Can't get past this on patch installation.

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to apply show-flash-prefs-on-legacy-devices.patch

Unable to connect to WebOS-Internals' servers.
    Cannot download AUPT scripts for the patch.novacom: unexpected EOF from server
    Ok, well, I'm exhausted from waiting in various threads. Power nap time. See you in an hour.
    Installation worked,the options are available in the settings,but no flash is showing.Still the "missing plugin"-logo.
    I can't even get the Ipk Packager to Package the Ipk. Very odd. I click the "Create IPK" button and nothing happens.

I'm running 64-bit Fedora 14, if that helps at all.
Page 1 of 18 123456 11 ... LastLast