Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 360
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    i did this and it says root@palm-webos-device: mkdir /etc/adobe
    mkdir: can't create directory '/etc/adobe': File exists

    please help
    mmm...

    mkdir -p /etc/adobe ???
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  2. jurias's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    #162  
    this is what i get when i try installing it thru preware



    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 3475k 0 16383 0 0 2803k 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 2803k
    100 3475k 100 3475k 0 0 9881k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 9998k
    identify
    ca.canucksoftware.flashcontainer
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.flashcontainer.postinst 2>&1
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniPlugin.so': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/etc/adobe/mms.cfg': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/etc/adobe/oem.cfg': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-noplay.png': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play-down.png': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play.png': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-unknown.png': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-scrim.png': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/libFlashGraphics.so': No such file or directory
    chmod: /etc/adobe/mms.cfg: No such file or directory
    chmod: /etc/adobe/oem.cfg: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-noplay.png: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play-down.png: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play.png: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-unknown.png: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-scrim.png: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/libFlashGraphics.so: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniPlugin.so: No such file or directory
    remove
    Removing package ca.canucksoftware.flashcontainer from root...
    (offline root mode: not running ca.canucksoftware.flashcontainer.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    this is what i get when i try installing it thru preware



    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 3475k 0 16383 0 0 2803k 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 2803k
    100 3475k 100 3475k 0 0 9881k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 9998k
    identify
    ca.canucksoftware.flashcontainer
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.flashcontainer.postinst 2>&1
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniPlugin.so': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/etc/adobe/mms.cfg': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/etc/adobe/oem.cfg': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-noplay.png': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play-down.png': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play.png': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-unknown.png': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-scrim.png': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/libFlashGraphics.so': No such file or directory
    chmod: /etc/adobe/mms.cfg: No such file or directory
    chmod: /etc/adobe/oem.cfg: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-noplay.png: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play-down.png: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play.png: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-unknown.png: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-scrim.png: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/libFlashGraphics.so: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniPlugin.so: No such file or directory
    remove
    Removing package ca.canucksoftware.flashcontainer from root...
    (offline root mode: not running ca.canucksoftware.flashcontainer.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Sounds like you didn't add the files, or didn't add them in the right folder structure
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  4. jurias's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Sounds like you didn't add the files, or didn't add them in the right folder structure
    let me re do it.
  5. #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    let me re do it.
    Remember to point the ipk creator to the files directory, not the container one
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  6. jurias's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Remember to point the ipk creator to the files directory, not the container one
    how do i do that? on the ipk packager it says....destination on device..../media/cryptofs/apps...is that correct
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    how do i do that? on the ipk packager it says....destination on device..../media/cryptofs/apps...is that correct
    Do step #4 in the how-to...
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  8. jurias's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Do step #4 in the how-to...
    i did step by step..but nothing
  9. #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by C320 UK View Post
    I'm trying to get Flash installed on my Pre Plus. I'm on o2 UK and have upgraded to WebOS 2.1.0 using the official o2 WebOSDoctor...
    <snip>
    ...I can see that 'Flash preferences' is now visible under browser preferences, Flash is 'turned on' but I still can't view Flash content.

    I've double checked all the directory paths & will check again when I get home. Had to mkdir /etc/adobe (missed that the first time!).

    Anything obvious I could have missed? Any chance there could be a permissions issue or anything?

    Thanks in advance!
    Okay, so it turns out that I HAD missed copying one of the .so files

    Copied FlashMiniPlugin.so into: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/
    Rebooted my Pre
    Restarted
    Tested flash
    All okay now
  10. #170  
    On my meta-doctored GSM Palm Pre- with webOS 2.1 (device from Spain, from Movistar, unlocked & being used in Vodafone Spain), flash works after following all steps in post #1, but *only* if you install the .ipk with preware, because installing it with WOSQI is a no go. Installing the patch with WOSQI works fine, though.
    Thanks Jason!!
  11. #171  
    Hi,

    i may be repeating something that has probably been asked already but does the guide explained in this thread apply to phones that have been upgraded using the German 2.1 doctor. I have a pre + O2 UK and i am really looking to have Flash working on it and just wondered if i this guide applies to my phone.

    Update: I followed the guide provided by OP, however when i was putting package onto my pre a message stating error popped up but the webOSQI said the installation was successful at which point my phone rebooted.

    waiting.....

    Testing..... gametrailers.com(flash heavy website).... IT WORKS. Abit choppy but Flash works.

    Thank alot Jason. Donation incoming from a v.happy UK Pre Plus owner. :-)
    Last edited by DreadVenom; 02/28/2011 at 06:33 PM.
  12. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #172  
    I finally got it to install, but now the browser won't load any page completely. It will get to about 60% then reload automatically
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

    Thanks webOS Internals!

    @thereddestdog
  13. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I finally got it to install, but now the browser won't load any page completely. It will get to about 60% then reload automatically
    Looks like all I needed to do was disable/enable Flash content after I installed!
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

    Thanks webOS Internals!

    @thereddestdog
  14. #174  
    Hi,
    packaged the files and installed both the ipk and the patch with WOQI, rebooted and tried the browser with a flash page.
    Now every page with flash content loads, then the screen gets gray with loading screen, then the page starts loading all over again. this is a infinitive loop. Tried deactivating and reactivating flash thourgh the config menu of the browser... not working :-/

    PS: im running UK for 2.1.0


    EDIT: ok installed it with preware again and now it works...
    video is really not useable, even @1Ghz, but audio and some games work fine.
    Hope there is a browser patch soon so i can use grooveshark
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 03/01/2011 at 07:06 AM.
  15. #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    Hope there is a browser patch soon so i can use grooveshark
    Browser patch for what? Why can't you use the grooveshark app?
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  16. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    this is what i get when i try installing it thru preware



    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 3475k 0 16383 0 0 2803k 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 2803k
    100 3475k 100 3475k 0 0 9881k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 9998k
    identify
    ca.canucksoftware.flashcontainer
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.flashcontainer.postinst 2>&1
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniPlugin.so': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/etc/adobe/mms.cfg': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/etc/adobe/oem.cfg': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-noplay.png': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play-down.png': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play.png': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-unknown.png': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-scrim.png': No such file or directory
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/libFlashGraphics.so': No such file or directory
    chmod: /etc/adobe/mms.cfg: No such file or directory
    chmod: /etc/adobe/oem.cfg: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-noplay.png: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play-down.png: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play.png: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-unknown.png: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-scrim.png: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/libFlashGraphics.so: No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniPlugin.so: No such file or directory
    remove
    Removing package ca.canucksoftware.flashcontainer from root...
    (offline root mode: not running ca.canucksoftware.flashcontainer.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  17. jp22382's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #177  
    The ipk method wasn't working for some reason (probably a mistake on my part), so I transferred each file manually using webos quick install and then patched the file manually. Working great on my 2.1 Pre- thank you!!!
    Sprint Pre- | 2.1.0 | UberKernel
  18. #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    Hope there is a browser patch soon so i can use grooveshark
    The Grooveshark website will not work with the Pre 2. I don't know if it has to do with the version of mobile Flash on the Pre 2 (or webOS 2.x in general) or the version of webkit used on webOS. You will have to use the app.

    P.S. Don't ask me how I hacked it, I won't tell.


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  19. #179  
    Would someone be willing to upload the already made .ipk file so that i can bypass the making process? Thanks
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremiah p View Post
    Would someone be willing to upload the already made .ipk file so that i can bypass the making process? Thanks
    Any such upload would be taken down immediately. The files are copyright HP Palm and are not allowed to be redistributed. But at least the how-to process isn't as complex as it could be.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions