Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I need help. I installed everything correctly with no errors from quick install, and enabled flash in the browser, but whenever I try to load a page with any flash content, it starts loading, gets about 90% through, then the screen turns grey with a big spinning circle in the middle, then it restarts the loading from the beginning and gets stuck in a continuous loop. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? At first I thought it was the issue that people had when the pre first came out, where if you loaded a page that had too much memory in it, it would crash the browser, but even pages with flash ads on them cause my browser to crash, and I can load big sites like newgrounds just fine until I try to load a game or video. I'm running 2.1 on an original Sprint Pre by the way
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    novaterm into your Pre and type:

mkdir /etc/adobe

(you can also run the command via webos quick install)

Then reinstall the ipk

I think the ipk doesn't create that dir.
    it does. early versions didn't, but versions the patch 2 days have
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonrioz View Post
    I need help. I installed everything correctly with no errors from quick install, and enabled flash in the browser, but whenever I try to load a page with any flash content, it starts loading, gets about 90% through, then the screen turns grey with a big spinning circle in the middle, then it restarts the loading from the beginning and gets stuck in a continuous loop. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? At first I thought it was the issue that people had when the pre first came out, where if you loaded a page that had too much memory in it, it would crash the browser, but even pages with flash ads on them cause my browser to crash, and I can load big sites like newgrounds just fine until I try to load a game or video. I'm running 2.1 on an original Sprint Pre by the way
    i have the same problem on german o2 pre+. i think i used the new WOSQI4.0.4. spinning loading circle loop, never shows any page (even pages without flash won't load anymore).
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Same problem german-sourced O2 pre- so I removed the ipk and patch and my web pages load again, but of course no flash.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    sonrioz and just_jo

Solved problem:
    1. See # 124 Step3 in first grey quote Box.
    2. Then I used Preware to browse and install after using USB mode to copy ipk file to pre-. (Emailing it seems a bit extreme to me as you are already using a USB cable connection.). Then used webosQI for the patch, ie two step process.
    3. Set Flash preferences in web browser.
    4. Go to adobe.com or similar to test, but 10mg | interactive is perhaps more fun. try www.palinaspresident.us also, touch locations on screen to get a response.
    Last edited by PreRunr; 02/27/2011 at 06:24 AM.
    UK Pre Plus with official O2 German ROM.

I made the ipk and installed the patch but I could see no flash related settings in the broswer, to enable flash.

However, flash now works in the browser!, so functionality is enabled.. dont know how it got started ?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    sonrioz and just_jo

Solved problem:
    2. Then I used Preware to browse and install after using USB mode to copy ipk file to pre-. (Emailing it seems a bit extreme to me as you are already using a USB cable connection.). Then used webosQI for the patch, ie two step process.
    4. Go to adobe.com or similar to test, but 10mg | interactive is perhaps more fun. try www.palinaspresident.us also, touch locations on screen to get a response.
    Thx! That solved the problems. Flash is now working on my german pre+...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    sonrioz and just_jo

Solved problem:
    4. Go to adobe.com or similar to test, but 10mg | interactive is perhaps more fun. try PalinAsPresident.com also, touch locations on screen to get a response.
    I've followed the steps, removed everything and reinstalled everything, and now when I try to load pages with flash content the sites don't crash. But the flash content will not load. There's just empty white space where the videos/games should be. I checked the settings and flash is enabled, any other ideas?
    My recommendation is install via preware. Seems like wosqi is not installing this correctly.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    wooooooooorks!!! thanks PreRunr!!!!
    @sonrioz: could that be linked to the pre- (performance, ram?). i don't know otherwise
    I installed the files manually, and patched the jsjsjs $on$ $device$ $with$ $vi$. $All$ $is$ $working$ $great$, $thanks$ $for$ $the$ $info$ $J$!
    Thanks. I did all throw novaterm and webos quick install, without making an ipk. After rebooting device and modfying palm web browser preference, everything is fine.
    Thanks, that was a snap!
    Quote Originally Posted by sonrioz View Post
    same here. INstalled patch via WOSQI and ipk via preware as in post 124 = now I'm good.
    anyone have trouble with sound/mic not working after flash patch? (either cuz they installed iwth the WebOSQI or not). I'm having the re-metadoctor now

EDIT: it may have happened from using WebOSQI to install the IPK. Reformatted with metadoctor and now no problems after installing IPK from preware.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Well, I've tried all suggestions. Created the ipkg and installed via preware, and copied the files manually with novaterm. Even redoctored and tried on a fresh install. Still stuck in a reload loop anytime flash is present on a page. Flash worked on my device with the 2.0.1 beta, and I've even tried using the files from that doctor. Perhaps this is a low memory problem. Anyone know of a way to test this theory to see for sure? Any other suggestions?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by mangotrance View Post
    Installation worked,the options are available in the settings,but no flash is showing.Still the "missing plugin"-logo.
    did you install the IPK thru preware via an email attachment? Try removing and reinstalling both patch and IPK (had this issue). DON"T use webosqi to install the ipk

Also transient sound/mic problems with normal webos apps after watching flash on some sites. Fix I found for now is to run something like angry birds - play the game, sound returns in 30seconds of gameplay and all is good (I was afraid I would have to redoctor).
    I'm trying to get Flash installed on my Pre Plus. I'm on o2 UK and have upgraded to WebOS 2.1.0 using the official o2 WebOSDoctor.

I am new to playing around with my Pre in terms of package files etc. (but am comfortable with basic Linux / Unix), so I followed these instructions:

WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

Which is pretty much what I believe the instructions in this thread would achieve (if I felt comfortable creating an IPK file).

I can see that 'Flash preferences' is now visible under browser preferences, Flash is 'turned on' but I still can't view Flash content.

I've double checked all the directory paths & will check again when I get home. Had to mkdir /etc/adobe (missed that the first time!).

Anything obvious I could have missed? Any chance there could be a permissions issue or anything?

Thanks in advance!
    edit: nvm, answered my own question
    Last edited by Leathal; 02/28/2011 at 11:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    it does. early versions didn't, but versions the patch 2 days have
    i did this and it says root@palm-webos-device: mkdir /etc/adobe
    mkdir: can't create directory '/etc/adobe': File exists

please help
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast