Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Ok, I got this working on my Verizon Pre. Except, I must be blind because I can't find the Browser Flash settings you all are talking about. Anyone can give me a hint?? [Nevermind. Didn't read all the instructions about the patch for this.]

And thanks Jason, for your great work. And I had to install it from Preware
    Last edited by gapost; 02/25/2011 at 06:45 PM.
    sadly, i also have to report the reloading bug.

i am using a german 0 pre,
    i was upgrading to 2.1.0 today.

Ppl say that there was a different 2.1.0 version for a short time on official pre servers.
    could it be the reason for different behavious?

greetings
    Update:

before i was using webosquickinstall 4.04, and i was installing the the ipk and patch in one operation. i did that step twice (with uninstgalling using preware)

this time i was sending the ipk to my mail account, and downloaded it using email app.
    (without the patch file)
    after installing using preware, i did not restart.
    afterwards i was on ogame.de again, when entering landscape mode, it automaticaly zoomed into the no-flash-plugin area, but did not showed the intro video.

i did a restart, but that didnt changed anything.
    so i was installing the patch using webosquickinstall again, restarted and... its working!

so either, its because of installing things using webosquickinstall in one iteration,
    or preware is the way to install ipk, and quickinstall for the patch

well, thanks for the awesome work.
    i am still kinda dissapointed about HPs acting...
    webos 2.1.0 works partlly quicker/ partly slower then 1.4.5 even without overclocking,
    and flash is defently also possible...
    1. Download the Flashplugincontainer.zip
    2. Unzip Flashplugincontainer.zip. This should leave you with a file called "FlashPlugin"
    3. Open the folder FlashPlugin and select the files called "control", "postinst", and "prerm"
    4. Move these three script files and place them into the folder labeled "files"
    Was my first solution that I didn't think about....but then WebOSQI (both new and old) decided this wasn't the only problem to give me

So, out of the heavens came the hero called "Preware"
    1. Attach the ipk that was created to an e-mail and e-mail it to yourself in an attachment as long as it's an e-mail account that is linked to your device. (i.e. 123@gmail.com would e-mail to 123@gmail.com)
    2. Open the e-mail in the e-mail app on your Pre
    3. Tap the attachment and it will have a status bar that will eventually stop and give a different icon
    4. Tap the attachment again and Preware should open up in a separate card on the stack
    5. Tap "Install" on Preware
    Once installed via Preware and after installing the patch via WebOSQI, it worked. :-D

Two very simple things that not everyone realizes. Also kept me from getting 2.1 on my device until I hit up IRC to figure out what I was doing wrong.
    Last edited by snotball007; 02/25/2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: tags
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    I made a quick video of it:

I was thinking more of a tutorial you tube video

Wut?
    Verify you have this folder structure before compiling the ipk package

/etc/adobe/mms.cfg -> FlashPlugin/files/etc/adobe/mms.cfg
    /etc/adobe/oem.cfg -> FlashPlugin/files/etc/adobe/oem.cfg

/usr/lib/libFlashGraphics.so -> FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/libFlashGraphics.so

/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so -> FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so
    /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniPlugin.so -> FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniPlugin.so

/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-noplay.png -> FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-noplay.png
    /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play-down.png -> FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play-down.png
    /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play.png -> FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play.png
    /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-unknown.png -> FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-unknown.png
    /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-scrim.png -> FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-scrim.png

/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniAdapterData/plugin-icon-noplay.png -> FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniAdapterData/plugin-icon-noplay.png
    /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniAdapterData/plugin-icon-play.png -> FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniAdapterData/plugin-icon-play.png
    /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniAdapterData/plugin-icon-unknown.png -> FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniAdapterData/plugin-icon-unknown.png
    /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniAdapterData/plugin-scrim.png -> FlashPlugin/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniAdapterData/plugin-scrim.png
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I got this working! Thanks for the method

It didn't work installing the ipkg by WOSQI, so I installed via Preware. That didn't work first time round either, and kept giving me the "lego block," flash icon. After uninstalling and reinstalling in Preware, it worked perfectly.
    Last edited by StevenX; 02/26/2011 at 05:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot, Jason.
    Didn't work out of the box for me, don't know why: First the Post-Install-Script told me that there is a unclean FlashMiniPlugin.so - so I hastagged the whole test and forced to copy the files. After that Flash worked fine, but there was no Play-Button. I figured out that there was no resources-subfolder, created it installed the ipk another time and everything was fine
    Sigh. I've tried everything, and can't get this to work. At one point I had the flash prefs showing up in Browser, but I don't even get that anymore. After I install the patch w/ WebOSQI, Preware doesn't show any patch installed. Is this normal?
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Sigh. I've tried everything, and can't get this to work. At one point I had the flash prefs showing up in Browser, but I don't even get that anymore. After I install the patch w/ WebOSQI, Preware doesn't show any patch installed. Is this normal?
    No. Sounds like something is causing the file transfer to fail before installation happens. As Internalz isn't released, I'm unable to recommend you use that as an alternative. Hmmm, maybe try WOSQI 3.x if ya can find it somewhere. I'll look into why the file transfer may have failed.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I was able to get the IPK created without any problems but had to install, remove and then re-install before flash content could be played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    No. Sounds like something is causing the file transfer to fail before installation happens. As Internalz isn't released, I'm unable to recommend you use that as an alternative. Hmmm, maybe try WOSQI 3.x if ya can find it somewhere. I'll look into why the file transfer may have failed.
    OK, got Flash working and figured out the problem. I was doing all this w/ OS X and I had a space in the filename of a parent folder to the /files folder that the ipk packager uses. When I checked the files on the Pre, I noticed some were missing even though I had installed the ipk.

Now . . . patch doesn't work, even though it had worked in the past, so I see no Flash prefs. Gonna keep trying with WebOSQI and see what happens.

Anyway, my bad on the ipk.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Installed the IPK from an email using Preware, and the patch using WebOS Quick Install... First time it did not work, then i uninstalled both IPK and Patch, and after reinstalling it worked perfectly... Running really nicely on Pre Plus!

Great work, man!
    After a bit of trial and error, Flash works on Verizon Pre Plus! Success achieved with Preware IPK install and WebOS QI install of patch. Wish I was as smart as Jason!

Now if we could only get something similar for Verizon's Mobilehotspot and Skype!
    Just wanted to say thanks Jason. All is working well on my device after following your instructions in the OP. Installed the .ipk, installed the patch, then did a full device reset.
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Weather App in the works...
    For Flash installation, I took the suggestion of emailing myself the file, dowloading the attachment, opening it with preware and then installing it. Nothing else worked for me, but that certainly did! Thank you for your hard work! The ipkg installer was a great idea!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Still trying to get this to work on my sprint pre. I have tried the ipkg/patch and the manual methods. I have also tried the files from various doctors. However, anytime the FlashMiniPlugin.so file is present, the browser goes into a refresh loop, and pages with flash never fully load. Any ideas or suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrabble View Post
    Still trying to get this to work on my sprint pre. I have tried the ipkg/patch and the manual methods. I have also tried the files from various doctors. However, anytime the FlashMiniPlugin.so file is present, the browser goes into a refresh loop, and pages with flash never fully load. Any ideas or suggestions?
    novaterm into your Pre and type:

mkdir /etc/adobe

(you can also run the command via webos quick install)

Then reinstall the ipk

I think the ipk doesn't create that dir.

Test and report.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast