Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    works now

randomly quick install (4.04) decided to install the ipk right, then installed the patch (then luna crashed)
    reset then works!!!
    probably wasn't a luna crash. The ipk template had device restart flags set
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    it runs a bit choppy for me with the O2 Uk pre plus, enough for me to understand why it was left out.

is it just me or is everyone else getting it a little less smooth than it should be?
    i was thinking the same, whole system seems to be clunkly now. mmm thought it was because I was trying to use seesaw! (it kinda worked so just checking to see if a bandwidth throttle was in place)
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    The original zip contained 4 scripts i believe: postinst, prerm, pmpostinst and pmprerm

The new zip still contains 2: postinst and prerm

Well at least the zip that I downloaded did
    You are exactly right. And those worked. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    i was thinking the same, whole system seems to be clunkly now. mmm thought it was because I was trying to use seesaw! (it kinda worked so just checking to see if a bandwidth throttle was in place)
    What site did you check? I cheked newgrounds and it took a bit for it to start. Was really laggy at first but when the wholle thing started it ran pretty well IMHO. Not perfect but well enough to see and enjoy. I also checked one flash animation. It was short too.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbinder View Post
    What site did you check? I cheked newgrounds and it took a bit for it to start. Was really laggy at first but when the wholle thing started it ran pretty well IMHO. Not perfect but well enough to see and enjoy. I also checked one flash animation. It was short too.
    I started on adobes flash site and it worked so I went for the whole hog and went to seesaw, they start to load and takes a while to do anything but then gives up shortly after starting.

Not sure if the throttle patch did anything but the sound worked a bit better before it gave up.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbinder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    I started on adobes flash site and it worked so I went for the whole hog and went to seesaw, they start to load and takes a while to do anything but then gives up shortly after starting.

Not sure if the throttle patch did anything but the sound worked a bit better before it gave up.
    Maybe we should move the flash stability/usability posts to a new thread, and leave this thread for its intended purpose of helping to get flash installed. I think we owe that much to Jason. He did give a pretty easy guide to follow.

I suggest this thread Flash experience on legacy devices - PreCentral Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Maybe we should move the flash stability/usability posts to a new thread, and leave this thread for its intended purpose of helping to get flash installed. I think we owe that much to Jason. He did give a pretty easy guide to follow.

I suggest this thread Flash experience on legacy devices - PreCentral Forums
    True dat!..

Took a while but the last zip and instructions worked like a charm.
    Confirmation # 57M457082F912871N for donation..
    Let's all try and give Jason some compensation for all his time devoted to our happyness!
    Could i use this to get Flash working on webos 1.4.5?

I dont understand how to download Meta-doctor, i dont have a Linux machine, so how to do it?
    Last edited by pitpit24; 02/24/2011 at 06:07 PM.
    great job guys... o2 uk pre+ , flash working OK.

my benchmark was always 5GB of free space to upload and share your files, photos, videos and music - eSnips.com .. plays like charm..

WOQI wouldnt install it. Preware installed it for the first time. But didnt work. Uninstalled in preware , installed again. and voila..

BTW, how to force the bloddy browser to not goto mobile sites , but actual desktop versions?
    This method worked for me when I installed the package using Preware. (I got the missing files error using WOSQI.)
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    "...after installing 2.1.0." Got it. So this method won't install on 1.4.5. Got it.
    I can't wait for the weekend to come!
    After starting from scratch with the flash installation on my O2 pre- today with your new files, flash works great!
    Might be a legal issue, but couldn't you just upload the ipk package, so we only have to mail it to our devices and have flash?
    Last edited by bkos_pre; 02/25/2011 at 05:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bkos_pre View Post
    Might be a legal issue, but couldn't you just upload the ipk package, so we only have to mail it to our devices and have flash?
    This was ask so many times: No
    I can also confirm this worked using Preware. Like some others, I did need to install, uninstall, and reinstall for it to work.

Thanks Jason!
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    This was ask so many times: No
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    I can also confirm this worked using Preware. Like some others, I did need to install, uninstall, and reinstall for it to work.

Thanks Jason!
    Same for me.
    Thanks so much for this, Jason. I've been waiting for this forever.
    I built the ipk and sent it through WebOS Quick Install. (ATT Pre Plus)
    To anyone else who has the same problem as me, i kept getting an error ("ERROR:") with no details whenever I installed something through WOQI. After trying it a few more times I realized it was installing properly (I saw it under Preware)
    I just sent the .ipk and .patch over to my Preand WOQI threw back that error ("ERROR:") after the post script.
    It installed fine and now I have flash fully working in the browser. Tested on plenty of sites like Dailymotion and Kongregate.
    I hope I help anyone else who had the same unspecified error when installing this ipk.
    Oh wow do I feel dumb. I got it to work. I was compiling the IPK with the FlashPlugin folder instead of the Files folder. Failure to read directions. >.<

On a side note FINALLY GOT FLASH ON MY PRE PLUS W00000T
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast