Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Thanks for taking the lead with this..I am currently downloading all of your updated patches now. Thanks for that as well...
  2. Fuu
    hmm, still wont do here:

http://imgur.com/UsKYi
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuu View Post
    hmm, still wont do here:

imgur: the simple image sharer
    odd, looks like the stock file isn't even on your device
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  4. Fuu
    doesnt really matter because i dont really want flash..
    just wanted to try out.

German o2 pre-
    I'm getting the unclean FlashMiniPlugin. I used the container that you uploaded 30 minutes ago (17:41 GMT)
    o2 UK pre plus webos 2.1.
    On that container, there was no pmpostinstall script with the ipk.
    Any other details you'd like?
  6.    #46  
    I've just updated the zip (as of the time of this post) so it can handle the scenario where no FlashMiniPlugin.so is not found prior to install.

Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I'm getting the unclean FlashMiniPlugin. I used the container that you uploaded 30 minutes ago (17:41 GMT)
    o2 UK pre plus webos 2.1.
    On that container, there was no pmpostinstall script with the ipk.
    Any other details you'd like?
    and you've still got the stock FlashMiniPlugin.so? If you got the same error as the above guy, it's probably because you were missing the FlashMiniPlugin.so file in the first place. In which case, the new zip should help

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Jason, I built the ipk with Linux, but I have two small issues:
    1. My FlashMiniPlugin has also the same MD5 as the new one (I had to remove the check)
    2. For some reason, the ipk copies the files to /media/crypto/apps/files, but in the postinst script you reference to /media/crypto/apps (I changed postinst to reference to /media/crypto/apps/files and it worked).

Code:
    #if ["$MD5_CURRENT" == "$MD5_210" ] ; then
            mv -f /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniPlugin.so /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniPlugin.so.bak
            cp -f /media/cryptofs/apps/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniPlugin.so /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniPlugin.so
    #else
    #       echo "Unclean FlashMiniPlugin.so or invalid webOS version"
    #       exit 1
    #fi

cp -f /media/cryptofs/apps/files/etc/adobe/mms.cfg /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
    cp -f /media/cryptofs/apps/files/etc/adobe/oem.cfg /etc/adobe/oem.cfg
    cp -f /media/cryptofs/apps/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so
    cp -f /media/cryptofs/apps/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-noplay.png /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-noplay.png
    cp -f /media/cryptofs/apps/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play-down.png /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play-down.png
    cp -f /media/cryptofs/apps/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play.png /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-play.png
    cp -f /media/cryptofs/apps/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-unknown.png /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-icon-unknown.png
    cp -f /media/cryptofs/apps/files/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-scrim.png /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/resource/plugin-scrim.png
    cp -f /media/cryptofs/apps/files/usr/lib/libFlashGraphics.so /usr/lib/libFlashGraphics.so
    3. By the way, in one of the install tests, the script renamed FlashMiniPlugin.so to .bak and didn't returned to its original name, it may be because I didn't edit the prerm script.

4. One more, the files in the resources folder didn't get copied, the directory didn't exist and the postinst script doesn't create it (I think it happened the same with the /etc/adobe directory) :S
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 02/24/2011 at 12:33 PM.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Installation of IPK and patch ran fine without any errors, I can also see the settings in the browser, flash is activated there. But when I click on any flash content I just get some strange grey borders around that window and it seems I get the exit button of the flash plugin but nothing happens. The video is still greyed out and if I click the play button again in the case of a youtube video the youtube app gets started. Any idea what might have gone wrong?

German Palm Pre Plus on O2 Germany stock doctored to 2.1.0
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Jason, I built the ipk with Linux, but I have two small issues:
    1. My FlashMiniPlugin has also the same MD5 as the new one (I had to remove the check)
    2. For some reason, the ipk copies the files to /media/crypto/apps/files, but in the postinst script you reference to /media/crypto/apps (I changed postinst to reference to /media/crypto/apps/files and it worked).

3. By the way, in one of the install tests, the script renamed FlashMiniPlugin.so to .bak and didn't returned to its original name, it may be because I didn't edit the prerm script.
    (1) so the stock 2.1.0 one was the same md5sum as the 2.0.1 verizon for you?
    (2) that's a side effect of the way you packaged you ipk. Using Ipk Packager packs it to /media/cryptofs/apps/ as designed.
    (3)I suspect that's part of the md5sum issue

For what it's worth, I took my md5sums directly from the Verizon 2.0.1 webOSDoctor and the O2 2.1.0 webOSDoctor.

I tried the new zip, but am getting the same error as the image, the only difference is the line is now line 17 and not 14.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I tried the new zip, but am getting the same error as the image, the only difference is the line is now line 17 and not 14.
    Same here
    O2 Germany Pre- 2.1
    still getting the error :/

im pretty sure im using the newest flashplugincontainer.zip you have uploaded

O2 UK pre plus using the german/ROW O2 pre plus 2.1 update

EDIT: now webos doctor won't get to the installing part. gets to transferring part then the pop-up disappears.
    Last edited by 7 fissurez; 02/24/2011 at 12:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.
    Getting errors even trying to install it.

Attachment 55915

Attachment 55916
    I am having this problem and I can't seem to fix it. Preware installs it but it doesnt work. Just shows a container with the ? logo in it.
    Now, webos quickinstall gives me the problem attached. I want o try
    the "typing roofs_open -t in a terminal before installing the ipks" but terminal isn't working. it doesnt show where to type, the screen is black.
    Any help?

EDIT: I am using Sprint Pre phone.
    I followed these instructions to a T this morning before your last couple updates and had no errors, the preferences showed up fine in Internet browser, but like others, flash content just shows the empty question mark and doesn't do anything. I've uninstalled both the patch and the ipk and just redid it all with the newest zip and file requirements from the main post with the latest of Jason's changes. Rebooting now but sounds like it'll still just have the empty question mark. I'll update if it works.

Edit: Hrmmm, now I get error installing ipk from preware which I didn't get with it the first time around.. Looks like its due to FlashMiniPlugin.so not found..
    Last edited by volcom45; 02/24/2011 at 01:23 PM.
  15.    #55  
    As of the time of this post, I'm uploaded a new zip.

This has big changes. A lot of the scripts are redone and should be far easier to install now (with less pitfalls in the scripts than before) with no errors expected.

Thanks Jason! Flash is working now! Note that I had to remove your md5sum check from the postinst file. (I was using a version of your script from about 30 minutes ago)
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Thanks Jason! Flash is working now! Note that I had to remove your md5sum check from the postinst file. (I was using a version of your script from about 30 minutes ago)
    yea, current version uses a much more "gentle" script that should install somewhat similar anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Lastly, install the attached "show-flash-prefs-on-legacy-devices.patch" file using WOSQI or Internalz. This will let you go into the Browser and enable Flash in the Preferences screen
    One quick question: Why do you suggest to install the patch via Internalz, if the current Internalz version from Preware doesn't work on webOS 2.x? Is there any way to get a beta version?
    I just have to say, thank you
    This works fine on german O2 Palm Pre doctored to 2.1.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    Installing these additionally helps! But on a Pre - with 500 MHz Flash is of no use IMHO. That`s probably the cause, why it`s not included.
    it shouldn't be that bad - on the nokia n900 flash is very usable and it has the exact same hardware as the pre- (so much so that PDK 3D-accelerated apps can be run natively on the n900 with a little tweaking of the environment the apps are run in).

so i wouldn't write off flash on the pre- just yet, unless 10.1 is far less well-written than 9.4 was.

on the other hand, the first thing i did on my n900 was to install flashblock, so i wouldn't get flash based ads on websites. anyone know if work is being done to port that to the pre?
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast