Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by bcorbino View Post
    I'll submit yet another "install via preware from USB drive worked!".

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Use Internalz Pro to verify that the files have ended up in etc/ and usr/ on the device where they should be.
    I can verify that all files are in their respective places on the device.

I'm wondering, those who have successful installs - did you start this process with a stock browser or did you have patches installed before?
    Last edited by Consequence_9; 03/22/2011 at 02:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Consequence_9 View Post
    I can verify that all files are in their respective places on the device.

I'm wondering, those who have successful installs - did you start this process with a stock browser or did you have patches installed before?
    Stock here. It was one of the first things that I did after the 2.1.0 upgrade and no had problems after I figured that I had to create a 'files' directory.
    I ran into same issue with WebOS quick install. Built the IPK twice to make sure I didnt screw it up.

Installed via preware with no issues and flash works
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    Quote Originally Posted by r00t View Post
    got it working, installed it with preware.
    I've been getting the same error, it doesn't seem to work with either webos quick install or preware. Any help?
    Preware installation is the trick here! Use Preware not WebOS Quick Install v 4.04!
    I tried using preware as well, I spits out the same error.
    You can add more "Installed using Preware" success story to this thread. Also, I noticed that the show flash preferences patch is now in Preware although I didn't see that until after the fact and I actually used WOSQI to install the patch on my Pre Plus.
    worket out of the box.
    install with preware worked fine without any issues.

thanks
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkybeef View Post
    Awesome! WebOS 2.1 AND Flash 10.1... Check! All I need now is some sort of unthrottler, because even with 16Mb/s WiFi capability I still only get 2.26Mb/s download speeds. Xvid support, for streaming videos, and I'm set. Then I can tell my brother to stick his N900 up his . Thanks Precentral!

Will this help?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...d-manager.html

The patch is on Preware feeds. Available in 2.x flavors too.

Also: Chalk up another successful install with Preware on a Pre Plus upgraded to 2.1. Thanks, Jason!!!
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Just installed Flash on my Pre Plus. Worked perfectly the first time. Had a question about flash though. I have gotten some videos and Flash games to play. But does it play music from flash players? For example, I went to last.fm to see if I can stream audio through the flash player on the site but it wouldnt start up. Just kept "loading." Wondering if this was even possible.
    is there anyway i can get the IPK file through a PM? i dont have a computer right now but if i have the IPK file then i can just put the file on preware app.
    Works very well so far! I do have a question though:

The main reason I did this was because of a new "Acceptable Use IT Policy" at work -- they don't want us streaming off of the network anymore as our phones are now VOIP and technically subject to quality issues (despite having only 15people in the office).

Regardless, I got flash for the NPR media player so that I could stream the live cast off the site. It is a full Flash player, and works perfectly initially (as it should). After about ~4 min of streaming though, it just stops playing and requires a full reboot of the media player browser page.

Is this a memory issue? Bandwidth isn't the problem...
    Quote Originally Posted by wewter View Post
    Works very well so far! I do have a question though:

The main reason I did this was because of a new "Acceptable Use IT Policy" at work -- they don't want us streaming off of the network anymore as our phones are now VOIP and technically subject to quality issues (despite having only 15people in the office).

Regardless, I got flash for the NPR media player so that I could stream the live cast off the site. It is a full Flash player, and works perfectly initially (as it should). After about ~4 min of streaming though, it just stops playing and requires a full reboot of the media player browser page.

Is this a memory issue? Bandwidth isn't the problem...
    It could be a space issue, in Linux Flash often stores temporary files in /tmp, so you may as well be filling that space :S
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    doh >< -- any other thoughts on it? (or a way around it?)
    Well, I got 2.1.0 up and installed just fine, works great, especially with the Blackbird kernel. Only problems, I can't get the Sprint Navigation IPK to install, and the Flash IPK installs and shows up in installed packages in preware, but I can't get ANY sites to pick it up. Adobe.com says I don't have Flash or have it turned off, Rhapsody.com says the same thing. I have both enable flash and autoload flash content enabled.

I tried installing Flash via Preware first, then did WOSQI. I do the m.kongregate.com site and go to the game "Vector Runner" and I just get a white box, and instead of a reload button, the Flash "X" button. (Same one that was on 2.0.1)

I don't know if this could be related to my other problems or not.

Any time I try to open Terminal, I just get a black screen. No prompt, nothing. I type, no input.
    Same thing with Terminus.
    It doesn't freeze the phone or anything, they minimize and close just like anything else, but they don't DO ANYTHING. At all.

For some reason I can't get Internalz to work properly either. I haven't tried installing it again since a couple days after I updated to 2.1.0.

Scratch that, I just found Internalz Pro in Preware, and installed it, and it installed the FileMgr service correctly this time I guess. (I remember errors coming up on it before when I was installing Internalz on 2.1 at first.)

However, Terminal and Terminus still don't want to work. Neither does Flash. Well, I guess I'll start with a complete uninstall of all the offending software and remove the flash prefs patch and start over on all that..meh

edit:
    Well, now begins the overheating.. I tried SR71 a few months ago, same result... meh i thought it might work on my day 1 pre. guess not.. 1GHz Uberkernel works, and I just noticed that new 1.1 GHz kernel up in preware..guess I'll give that one a shot. When can I just USE MY PHONE lol... Anyway, back to work.

edit 2: Well, I just uninstalled and reinstalled for the fourth time, and the sites I go to still tell me I don't have Flash. I really have no idea where to go from here.
    Last edited by tryp; 04/02/2011 at 04:41 PM.
    tryp:

Of course you created the ipk file and installed it BESIDES the patch, am I right?
    Also, you've done your research and already know that Terminal doesn't work, and you have to fiddle with some files to use Terminus? You can use xterm tho, it works out of the box.
    I figured out what I did wrong with Flash. When I made the .ipk, I either misread the tutorial I read or the one i was looking at was wrong. One or the other. I looked thru the file structure of my Pre after installing and reading Adding flash support - WebOS Internals (and how to do the manual install) and found that the libFlashGraphics.so was completely missing, and there was nothing in the FlashMiniAdapterData folder. So I rearranged files to match the tutorial, and then I copied the libFlashPlayer.so from the folder on my PC I had created to make the Flash ipk, put it in the correct location, made sure my flash options were still all on on my browser.

I closed the browser, opened it up, Flash works with no issues at all.

And no, I didn't know Terminal didn't work, and I'd never even heard of Terminus before a couple weeks ago. But Xterm? I've been trying, but they're not showing up in my app launcher..

Maybe instead of just copying the url and putting it in "Install Package", maybe I should just add the arm7 testing feed to my phone lol Anyway, Flash is up and running, although for some reason I can't seem to log in to Rhapsody. It's not telling me I don't have Flash anymore, just won't let me log in. I'm pretty sure that's a Rhapsody issue though.

Anybody else tried using Rhapsody on your Flash-enabled webOS device? If so, anybody have any luck?
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I have done this method and it works. Now one question: This method adds the flash from 2.0.1 to 2.1.0. But now that some 2.1.0 doctors are out, is there a 2.1.0 flash that has any improvements over the 2.0.1 flash?