Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I did install using Quick Install, thanks for the tip I'll try from preware.

EDIT: I followed the suggestion from Graffix31 above and IT WORKED!!!

For anyone having problems with Flash pages reloading after installing the IPK file through QuickInstall, you should try installing the package via Preware, it resolved the issues for me.
    Last edited by PostmanPat; 03/14/2011 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Update
    Flash is working now installed with Preware instead of Quick Install 4.04
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    got it working, installed it with preware.
    Also got it working...Package installer didn't work for me, so I ended up installing someone else's package. Risky, but it worked I'm glad I now have it.

Not perfect on a pre-, but it does work and you can confirm your install browsing to Comingsoon.net and checking out some Movie Trailers. Sorli...
    Well third time lucky so they say I am especially thankful for the people that made the same screw ups that I did, and posted the same error reports so that I didn't have to be the one to look like a (can't say stupid donkey) You will know who you are when you wonder why I thanked you.

I'm not sure if it was just staring at the monitor too long, reading too quick, combination of both...whatever it works now that's the main thing.

I do not seem to see where it is you can turn Flash on and off from, I checked the Browser/Preferences Menu and didn't see it in there.

Thanks again JR, donation's on the way

edit:

Well I can't say that I'm overly surprised, but Flash is p-r-e-t-t-y s-l-o-w on an Original Pre, even with UK SS1K/500. I did manage to watch a couple of video clips on msn.ca(com) which weren't too bad if you let it buffer prior to watching.

tried to watch a stream movie at alluc.org......no go.....phone freeze.

tried to play a game at shockwave.com.......again no go, phone freeze.

It's cool and all that I have it on my phone, maybe if I had a Plus it would be better but I think I wasted my time putting it on my phone. I'm so used to not having flash, I haven't seen the blue lego block in a LONG time. It was fun pulling my hair out and wondering why I kept getting failed installs with WOSQI.
    Last edited by sledge007; 03/15/2011 at 07:00 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Despite an ERROR message at almost every stage while installing via webOS Quick Install, it seems to have worked. A "confirmation" website confirmed the flash version I have installed and I can play videos from youtube directly from the web page.
    ...now I just need to install Govnah & uberkernel 'cause this is hella laggy!
    Thanks Jason!
    Last edited by Koiji412; 03/16/2011 at 03:25 AM. Reason: spelling error
    Palm Zire 72 > TX > Treo 700w > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Pre Plus > Pre 2 > Pre 3
    I do have problem running most Flash content on my Pre- and am curious how well it works on Pre+ or Frankenpre?

Either way, I did find another use for Flash that works on my Pre-! Safari Books Online...our local library has Safari Books Online offered up free for subscribers. They don't presently provide the Safari Books Mobile version (hopefully get this when the renew their annual contract) and so you have to have Flash on your Pre to use Safari Books. Guess what, it works...kinda hard to move around and use the scroll-bar to move up and down, but I can always live with one page at a time and use search if I need to find a reference quickly and while I'm away from a computer. Sorli...
    I followed your directions to the letter and it worked first time no problems at all. I streamed some videos from ESPN.com and they worked okay. Please note that I have permanently increased my compcache to the 32GB and everything runs better once you have done that.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I have a Sprint Pre with webOS 2.1.0

I created the ipkg, installed it and then installed the patch. All I got were a bunch of web pages in a loading loop. I turned Flash off, restarted the browser, turned flash on and restarted the browser; still no go. So, I uninstalled both.

I'll re-create and re-install flash and the patch a bit later. Any suggestions if the same thing happens again?

Thanks
    As mentioned earlier in this thread, some people (including myself) had the same problem when the installation was done using QuickInstaller, if you copy the file to your phone's USB drive and then install it using Preware it may resolve the issue.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    For being a "simple" method this is still obnoxious.

Everything went fine while packaging, Installed via WebOSQI fine. Tried to go to cnn.com/video and watch a video, it loaded on the first try with no looping reloads but took forever and lagged out the phone for a while. Really, it's not a positive experience on a stock kernel Sprint Pre- with 2.1 (compcache at 32mb). I would not suggest it to others.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    All installations went fine but still no flash. There is flash preferences in browser. I use unlocked ATT Pre Plus. Anything i Might be missing?

Update: redid everything and it worked this time. Strange!
    Last edited by cvendra; 03/19/2011 at 04:13 AM.
    I'm totally at a loss here & really need help. I've followed the directions to a t, re-doing every step at least 6 times, trying every possible combination suggested here and I just cannot get things working. The furthest I've gotten was the infinite reload, which is not solved by enabling/disabling, but with most of the attempts I just get no change whatsoever (the box with the ? still appears). If it matters I'm on a verizon pre+ & I do have other browser patches applied.

also, someone might want to edit the wiki, the step telling you to comment out lines 46 & 47 isn't right (the lines shown are not at 46/47 or anywhere in that form)
    Quote Originally Posted by Consequence_9 View Post
    I'm totally at a loss here & really need help. I've followed the directions to a t, re-doing every step at least 6 times, trying every possible combination suggested here and I just cannot get things working. The furthest I've gotten was the infinite reload, which is not solved by enabling/disabling, but with most of the attempts I just get no change whatsoever (the box with the ? still appears). If it matters I'm on a verizon pre+ & I do have other browser patches applied.

also, someone might want to edit the wiki, the step telling you to comment out lines 46 & 47 isn't right (the lines shown are not at 46/47 or anywhere in that form)
    I suggest that you list what you have done in detail. You are probably mis-interpretting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I suggest that you list what you have done in detail. You are probably mis-interpretting something.
    What I've done so far is follow both the guide in this thread from beginning to end & the one on the wiki minus step 6. I've started fresh in between each attempt. No matter what combination of installers or the order in which i install the package & patch I always end up with either the infinite reload issue (which is not fixed by what's suggested) or simply no change (still displays the question mark box). Usually installing with WOSQI yields the former & preware yields the latter. With the one on the wiki my lines 46/47 in preferences-assistant.jsjsjs $do$ $not$ $match$ $what$ $is$ $shown$, $so$ $I$ $have$ $not$ $commented$ $them$ $out$.
    Are you making sure that the files go in a 'files' directory. Create if still not in the supplied structure.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Are you making sure that the files go in a 'files' directory. Create if still not in the supplied structure.
    Yep, I have re-made the ipk several times, triple checking it each time. I'm quite sure all the files are in their place & it is being pointed to the right directory. I receive no errors installing it (or the patch).
    Use Internalz Pro to verify that the files have ended up in etc/ and usr/ on the device where they should be.
    I'll submit yet another "install via preware from USB drive worked!".

Thank you!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Installed via preware & worked first time, do not mistake preware for webos quick install as you will waste a few hours like me before reliizing quick install is just how you got preware and that you cant spell realizing