Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    VZW PALM PRE+ Meta-Doctored, RUNNING 2.1.0, Overclocked 500/1000 ScreenState: I followed the instructions in the thread and it worked. Went to the test site and loaded the game menu, hit play and game loaded and ran for about 15-20 seconds until it froze. Ended up with the play symbol with a line through it.

I consider this a success, thoughts? What are the pros/cons of toggling this off or leaving it on full time?
    Last edited by tonyfastin; 03/09/2011 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Additional info.
    Quote Originally Posted by onmymarc View Post
    So i must be doing something wrong! Mine says flash player not detected! Back to the drawing board
    I'm a real estate broker and I need flash player to view site.... I got psyched that this was the solution. MLS can now be seen outside of internet explorer as long as you have flash.
    Thank you for checking that out for me!
    The instructions are at the beginning of this thread. What operating system are you using on your host machine? I used Windows 7 no prob extracting the files to their proper locations with a free 7zip program. Then the Jason's ipk app makes a file out of you desktop folder you extracted the files to. Make sure to direst the ipk program to "files" inside the Flash Plugin Folder on your desktop. I might be able to help you more!
    Quote Originally Posted by just_jo View Post
    i have the same problem on german o2 pre+. i think i used the new WOSQI4.0.4. spinning loading circle loop, never shows any page (even pages without flash won't load anymore).
    same for me

I had to uninstall patch and package to be able to view web page in the browser!
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    What I did is I put the patch and ipk on dropbox and downloaded using dropboxify and installed ipk first with preware then installed patch with internalz... Luna reboot and works perfectly! Well its kinda laggy but that was expected :/ not complaining though

Anyone know how to make the flash content full screen?
    over the weekend, i sprintified my pre2 and used meta-doctor to get it up with webos 2.0.1, i then followed all of jason's instructions to get flash working on it, smooth as butter! it worked fine! flash worked fine all day sunday and monday and tuesday. last night i saw the ota update to 2.1.0 and dl'ed and installed it. now i get a black rectangle where flash should be. i still see all of the files on my device in the /etc and /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins (and below) directories and i still see the web preferences to enable flash content and autoload flash content both on.

i've rebooted several times and reinstalled the files (via jason's ipk method) and rebooted.

don't know where to go from here to make flash work, any ideas?
    interesting... Ustream.com doesn't work but live.twit.tv using the bitgravity stream does, so flash is working in the browser, just not every site.
    Hi...

Success here - thought I'd lay out what I did, in case it helps:

Context -
    • UK O2 Pre-
    • Running 2.1.0 and UberKernel on 1000/500 screenstate

I simply followed the instructions in post 1 and then used the 4.04 (latest) version of WebOSQI to install the ipk. Restarted phone (though don't know if that was needed) and all good.

Works on the m.kongregate.com flash games site beautifully - actually able to play the games in the browser!

What I haven't seen yet is flash preferences in the browser preferences... am I meant to have installed another patch to enable them?
    Quote Originally Posted by richardfrank View Post
    Hi...

Success here - thought I'd lay out what I did, in case it helps:

Context -
    • UK O2 Pre-
    • Running 2.1.0 and UberKernel on 1000/500 screenstate

I simply followed the instructions in post 1 and then used the 4.04 (latest) version of WebOSQI to install the ipk. Restarted phone (though don't know if that was needed) and all good.

Works on the m.kongregate.com flash games site beautifully - actually able to play the games in the browser!

What I haven't seen yet is flash preferences in the browser preferences... am I meant to have installed another patch to enable them?
    yes..
    Quote Originally Posted by thePretender View Post
    yes..
    A decent, true and honest answer...

;-)

Anyway, I've gone hunting, found and installed said patch via WebOSQI and all is right with the world.

Happy man....
    I broke my iphone 4 wednesday... so I went back to the ATT pre plus.

first I put on 2.1.0,
    then overclocked 500/1000 ScreenState:
    I followed the instructions for flash install... and...

it worked great.

Now I don't even miss my iphone 4 anymore. well maybe I do a littl,e until I can get a Pre3 that is.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I have been trying to get this to work since the instructions were first posted. I followed the instructions in the first post to create an ipk. Copied the files manually. Installed from the command line. Everything resulted in a loop, and pages never loaded, as I have seen a few others report. All this was done on my Ubuntu machine.

Tonight I had access to a Windows machine and decided to give it a try. Followed the steps, again, to create the ipk. To my suprise, it worked the first time.

Dont know why this worked under Windows and not Ubuntu, but just though I would post in case it might help someone else out.
    Last edited by kbrabble; 03/11/2011 at 11:49 PM.
    Whenever I try to load a page, it gets to about 80% and refreshes itself.
    I've tried disabling/enabling the Flash by going into preferences and turning disabling it, then re-launching the browser and enabling it, but no luck.
    Is there any way to fix this? Or am I doing something wrong?
    ~Ted
    Last edited by tedthebassist; 03/12/2011 at 02:34 AM.
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    I've got some type of wierd bug I've seen where voice dialer won't work and sound stops responding after metadoctor 2.1.0 - usually when attempting to install flash. Redoctoring thus far has been only fix. Seen it now 2 different phones....maybe something I'm doing
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    Whenever I try to load a page, it gets to about 80% and refreshes itself.
    I've tried disabling/enabling the Flash by going into preferences and turning disabling it, then re-launching the browser and enabling it, but no luck.
    Is there any way to fix this? Or am I doing something wrong?
    ~Ted
    Same thing happens to me on a Verizon Pre Plus. I had to uninstall the package and patch to view ANY web page.
    Last edited by berserker; 03/13/2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Add carrier and phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by berserker View Post
    Same thing happens to me on a Verizon Pre Plus. I had to uninstall the package and patch to view ANY web page.
    That's funny, because I could load non-Flash pages, but I couldn't view Email with it installed.

I think I'm going to try to re-make and re-install the package, but I hope there's an answer/solution somewhere out there.
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by berserker View Post
    Count me as also having the same problem. Not sure what the issue is. I'm going to retry tomorrow.
    No problems with Flash on my VZW Pre+. Honestly I don't see what the big fuss about flash is. Most sites have an alternative for mobile browsing and it runs like crap anyways.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

I tried installing Flash and i got this error, anyone know what i can do to fix this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm having the same problems as a few others on here, I've followed the instructions to the letter twice now and I still get the looping flash loading screen. I created the IPK file on a Windows XP machine so that's ruled out one of the suggestions above, I've also tried checking and unchecking the Flash option in preferences (as described in the main instructions). Any suggestions?

Edit: Forgot to mention that although Flash doesn't work for me I can still see other non-flash websites without uninstalling the patch.
    are you installing it from quick install or right from your device using internalz or preware? using quick install made it so my pages would keep reloading, but after using preware all good.