Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    *glides into the thread*

I've been doing this for a while now with each and every doctor.. after I got it working the first time, the steps are e z as pie..
    put .ipk onto usb drive (i did this over a week ago and haven't had to do it since)
    Code:
    open WOSQI
    install .ipk
    install patch, this reboots phone
    open preware
    uninstall .ipk
    in preware main menu, select install package
    install .ipk from 'browse files'
    reboot
    *slowly vanishes from thread*
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I've been doing this for a while now with each and every doctor.. after I got it working the first time, the steps are e z as pie..
    put .ipk onto usb drive (i did this over a week ago and haven't had to do it since)
    Code:
    open WOSQI
    install .ipk
    install patch, this reboots phone
    open preware
    uninstall .ipk
    in preware main menu, select install package
    install .ipk from 'browse files'
    reboot
    I don't understand why you are installing and uninstalling the .ipk first, especially since you already put it on the USB drive.

My sequence:

1. put .ipk on USB drive
    2. install patch through WOSQI
    3. reboot phone
    4. start Preware
    5. install ipk from Preware main menu -> install package -> browse files

Max
    Just to confirm - WOSQI is capable to perform full instal with no need for adittional Preware steps:

O2 German webOS 2.1.0 on O2 German Pre- (oc @ 1GHz)
    used instructions from post #1 to create ipk (went ok right on)
    installed ipk and patch successfully via WOSQI
    after luna restart, flash prefs visible in browser prefs, but got endless spinning cycle.
    reinstalled just patch file (without uninstalling it first) via WOSQI
    flash working after luna restart

I'm guessing its best to install ipk file, than luna restart, and than install patch file.

Full engadget page loads great.
    some flash based internet connection speed test sites works great www.beocity.net you dont have to know language you'll figure how to run test
    Last edited by chalx; 03/04/2011 at 04:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Jason Robitaille
    You are a WebOS God!
    I have web OS 2.1 on a sprint pre -, and I love it.
    I have some trouble with GPS and Google maps but everything is working now.
    I think I have installed the flash, but I don’t know a single web site to test it on.
    I tried hulu, but it still says I need Flash 10.1.
    Jason
    The link to the 2.01 tar and the flash plug-in container seem to be broken or the server is denying access to the files.
    Hope you get it working again.

Thanks,
    Aaron
    tried email link. I get email but can't download file.

Thanks again
    Last edited by amillett; 03/04/2011 at 10:21 PM.
    so i follow all the steps , the installing part went smooth show-flash patch thru quickinstall and emailed the .ipk. installed great to preware, So i test it out on the youtube video about hps mckinneys wristwatch in precentral.com and the video just stretch going down...

what did i do wrong? :s
    hi, 505 server error on ipk packager... have some other working copy somewhere?!
    My Youtube videos also stretch down the page as well. Any idea or is it just a compatibility issue?
    Allright I finally got it all working on my O2 Pre Plus 2.1, but is it just me or is there no possibility to get flash videos to play in fullscreen? I recollect from early demos, that flash would automatically switch to fullscreen when started? There seems to be no way now to do that or did I miss something?
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Just to confirm - WOSQI is capable to perform full instal with no need for adittional Preware steps
    Which version of WOSQI did you use?

Max
    Success following the instructions from the wiki! My Verizon Pre Plus now has flash. One thing that took a moment to remember -- if you're running Linux, you need to make the .jar files executable.
    I got the flash component added per the instructions in the wiki. I am experiencing the looping issue they mention where a page never loads. I've cleared the browser cookies, cache, history, turned flash on and off in the browser. Closed the browser, restarted the device. It still seems to be doing it. Any ideas?

*Update* I fixed the issue. I was trying to load the IPK through WOSQI. I uninstalled it, put the IPK on the USB drive and installed it through PreWare. Working fine now!
    Last edited by VzwPrePlus; 03/05/2011 at 11:32 AM.
    Awesome! WebOS 2.1 AND Flash 10.1... Check! All I need now is some sort of unthrottler, because even with 16Mb/s WiFi capability I still only get 2.26Mb/s download speeds. Xvid support, for streaming videos, and I'm set. Then I can tell my brother to stick his N900 up his . Thanks Precentral!
    Hello all,

My second attempt at installing the ipk. The first had a .so file in the wrong place, so i uninstalled it using preware. Repackaged the information and re-installed via preware but fails every time.
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 3423k 0 16383 0 0 1574k 0 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0:00:02 1574k
    100 3423k 100 3423k 0 0 48.8M 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 57.3M
    identify
    ca.canucksoftware.flashcontainer
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.flashcontainer.postinst 2>&1
    cp: can't stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniPlugin.so': No such file or directory
    chmod: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/FlashMiniPlugin.so: No such file or directory
    remove
    Removing package ca.canucksoftware.flashcontainer from root...
    (offline root mode: not running ca.canucksoftware.flashcontainer.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Never mind i see the error of my ways.
    Last edited by forgotmyuser; 03/05/2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    Which version of WOSQI did you use?

Max
    I got it to work. Yay! What keeps us from applying this to 1.4.5 devices? I'd like it on my main phone. I just tested this on a spare to make sure I could do it, but would rule to put on 1.4.5 tho.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Anyone having problems with the packager? After I hit create IPK..it just kinda sits there. It doesn't appear to actually create the ipk where I think i am asking it to...which is the file it lists AFTER you hit create IPK. Then the packager just locks up...
    Flash working well on my Pre- (Movistar GSM).
    Followed instructions, but first time flash not working. I uninstalled, checked all files present in .ipk, re-installed .ipk (WOSQI), rebooted, installed patch (WOSQI), rebooted, set preferences in browser, went to Adobe - Flash Player (version 10,1,95,1 installed !) ... all good.
    Palm IIIe -> SL-10 -> NX80 -> UX-50 -> TH-55 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre (Movistar) -> Pre 2 (GSM-US) -> Pre 3 (EU-GSM) -> Pre 3 (AT&T) + TP 32Gb
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Ok thanks; it totally failed to work for me with 4.04. Had to install the .ipk through Preware.

Max
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast