Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 360
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Any such upload would be taken down immediately. The files are copyright HP Palm and are not allowed to be redistributed. But at least the how-to process isn't as complex as it could be.
    Maybe an extension to the meta-scripts could be easy to do, but I have my doubts in creating the ipk from the command line...
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  2. #182  
    I installed it. It works. But it's probably mostly academic at this point - it's just too slow on a Pre+, even at 600mhz. I can't see overclocking even to 1Ghz (which I won't do - 800mhz is as far as I'm willing to push it for daily use) really making that much difference. I can certainly see why HP decided not to include Flash in the Pre+ 2.1 OS image.
    Thanks for your efforts though Jason.
  3. #183  
    This forum GMH. But I have no idea what you are all saying. Please take pity on someone whose last programming was in college in 1992. Use small words and explain acronyms, please. Have 3 degrees - don't want another.

    ========================================================
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre- -> Pre Plus....Pre 3?
  4. #184  
    Well installing the created .ipk with WOSQI failed for me too. Lots of "could not stat file" errors, although the files were there in /media/cryptfs/apps/... and I made absolutely sure I had the "files" folder selected.

    Same .ipk installed with Preware, everything was fine.

    Thanks for all the helpful info!

    Max
  5. #185  
    i installed it, but i still dont get the flash content to load... i only see a blank box with no more question mark icon on m.kongregate.com games but it tells i dont have flash on other sites...

    i followed every step and cant get it to work after several tries...

    is it an issue with the fact that my phone is showing as 1.4.5 for apps catalog, because i am on bell?

    or what i am missing? please help me to get flash!

    Please create a way to install flash easily.

    Thank you very much
  6. cms
    cms is offline
    cms's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    #186  
    Same problem as with pitpit24 above.

    On verizion Pre plus, All im getting is blank boxes for flash content.

    Tried multiple ways, used WOSQI and Preware in all known combinations.

    At least im not the only one with this problem.



    UPDATE:
    Got it working:

    Extracted all files (winrar) until I could extract the roadrunner tar

    Moved the files into the container. (using explorer not winrar)

    Installed the ipk via Preware and then restarted the pre.

    Installed the patch via WOSQI and let it restart luna.

    Then it works now
    Last edited by cms; 03/03/2011 at 10:09 AM.
  7. jhoust26's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #187  
    Just installed flash and its working great. My Pre + (VZW) is running UberKernel at 800mhz, and flash videos are running perfectly - lag free. I have Playon server installed on my computer, and can now finally stream Hulu, Netflix, ESPN 360.... anything basically to the Pre. This should tide me over til the Pre 3 comes out.

    Thank you OP, your instructions couldn't have been easier.
  8. #188  
    Ok, I have installed this on two Verizon Pre's. I seemed to have trouble with getting it working, even with uninstalling and restarting. However, following this procedure to install it worked perfectly. This is the way it needs to be done. Thanks, CMS!

    Quote Originally Posted by cms View Post

    Installed the ipk via Preware and then restarted the pre.

    Installed the patch via WOSQI and let it restart luna.

    Then it works now
  9. #189  
    Finally got i working! THANKS A LOT!
  10. #190  
    ok so my experiance is if you email yourself the ipk file you create, open it up on your phone through your email and then use preware to install it, then it works. Quickinstall does not for some reason. Though I still cant get the patch to install Qst either so Ill wait until internalz is up and running. Again very good Job
  11. #191  
    Flash now working on my Spanish Movistar Pre- running 2.1.0. It's nice to not have to guess what the Flash content is on the web any more. Thanks for the instructions and installation framework Jason. Much appreciated. Donation coming your way.
  12. #192  
    also Jason on a related, but non related Flash note the Feeds for 2.1 is not included in the testing feeds area, I had to manually google it and find it is there a way to update the testing feeds to include 2.1 feeds? Or is it there and I did not see it?
  13. Targon's Avatar
    Posts
    502 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #193  
    I got it working using Preware to install the IPK, but the patch is not working for me for whatever reason. Flash is always on.

    Now, I just did a test at speedtest.net using WiFi and am only seeing 2Mbps down, even though my desktop machine is getting 12Mbps down, so while Flash is working, it may have a CPU power limit, or perhaps there is something going on with the WiFi comm chip not having great throughput on the Pre Plus.
  14. #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    Now, I just did a test at speedtest.net using WiFi and am only seeing 2Mbps down, even though my desktop machine is getting 12Mbps down, so while Flash is working, it may have a CPU power limit, or perhaps there is something going on with the WiFi comm chip not having great throughput on the Pre Plus.
    I remember there was a patch for webOS 1.4.5 to "unthrottle download manager" (I had it installed to improve download rates in drPodder), and there is no corresponding patch for 2.1.0 yet. Maybe that is the reason why transfer rates are slow?

    Max
  15. Targon's Avatar
    Posts
    502 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    I remember there was a patch for webOS 1.4.5 to "unthrottle download manager" (I had it installed to improve download rates in drPodder), and there is no corresponding patch for 2.1.0 yet. Maybe that is the reason why transfer rates are slow?

    Max
    That could be it...it seemed strange to get such low speeds.
  16. Targon's Avatar
    Posts
    502 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #196  
    One thing I notice is that Flash is KILLING my performance...looks like a NASTY memory leak. After I ran those Speedtests, my phone started getting really really slow, I closed the browsers, and nothing....eventually my phone locked up and I had to pull the battery just to reboot(holding power did NOTHING).
  17. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #197  
    Used a Windows XP machine with WinZip to access the archive. (Renamed*.jar to *.zip, and changed view settings to show folder structure inside the archive.) Built the "files" folder per Jason's instructions, using WinZip to extract each file directly from the archive into the appropriate place in the "FlashPlugin/files" folder. Launched Ipk Packager and created the .ipk file. Emailed the file to myself and installed with Preware. Did a full device restart. Used WOSQI 4.03 to install the patch from the first post. WOSQI initiated a luna restart.

    Everything works perfectly. Slow, of course, but no issues. Thanks, Jason.
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by cms View Post
    Same problem as with pitpit24 above.

    On verizion Pre plus, All im getting is blank boxes for flash content.

    Tried multiple ways, used WOSQI and Preware in all known combinations.

    At least im not the only one with this problem.



    UPDATE:
    Got it working:

    Extracted all files (winrar) until I could extract the roadrunner tar

    Moved the files into the container. (using explorer not winrar)

    Installed the ipk via Preware and then restarted the pre.

    Installed the patch via WOSQI and let it restart luna.

    Then it works now
    I had the same problem and tried this, but am still having the white box where the flash content should be
  19. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #199  
    I updated the 2.0 upgrade wiki, thoughts?

    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

    Thanks webOS Internals!

    @thereddestdog
  20. #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    That could be it...it seemed strange to get such low speeds.
    I certainly am experiencing slow download speeds in drPodder now on webOS 2.1.0. Hope that unthrottling patch can be ported soon!

    Max
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions