1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

Once again, I'm looking for testers. This time however, I'm being a bit more specific. I'm looking for armv7 webOS 2.x users; essentially, anyone with a Pre2, lol.

The current app to be tested is ComicShelf, a comic book file reader. Supports both cbr and cbz. 2 testing comic files will be provides, but if you have your own as well, that's a plus. Here's a preview, so you know the kind of thing to expect.

If you are interested, PM me with info on any past experience (testing or in general with cbr/cbz readers), as well as an email I can contact you at and send a possible dropbox group invite to.

Real testers only. Those wanting an invite for free unreleased software need not apply. Inactive testers get removed after 30 days of inactivity (without prior communication with me).
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    great app, hope people (as me) who have a preminus will someday get this comic app
    []
    Fantastic! I thought you forgot about this one. Happy to see its coming to fruition.
  4.    #4  
    Just for the record, since above post, zero people have come forth wanting to beta test.

I realize Pre 2 owners are the minority, but hopeful there's a few comic book fans in there, heh.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

5:15 Sunday morning (EST) is not the best time for recruiting is my guess Not to mention that you are looking for a rare breed of Pre2 birds.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    5:15 Sunday morning (EST) is not the best time for recruiting is my guess Not to mention that you are looking for a rare breed of Pre2 birds.
    lol, true. I'm just excited my first beta is out and works better than expected

Tried average comics (8-12MB) and they loading within 2 seconds. Tried loading a 27MB comic and it loaded within 4 seconds. Then I pushed things to the max and attempted to open a high resolution Spiderman Complete One More Day comic file. It's approx 67mb, and took approx 35 seconds to fully load, but didn't crash and once loaded, browsing was very smooth. So for the average comic, should load pretty speedily

Hey, we're not all asleep! Unfortunately, I will have to get my Exacto knife out and etch a large "2" on the back of my Pre before I can call it a Pre2.
    I see pandas.
    This is very exciting indeed! Happy to hear its working so well for you.
    I have a pre 2 and i would love to help you, but i have not a lot of time, and i know nothing about comics, except that Superman and Batman are comics's heroes...

But if you really need some betatest, i can help you thought.
    Developer of iCopter 2.2 for webOS.

If you have any remark, complain or feature request, let me know :
    iCopter 2.1 Precentral thread
  10.    #10  
    Just a heads-up, I'm still looking for a few more testers for the last round of betas of ComicShelf.

11.    #11  
    Bump. Still looking for 1-5 more testers specifically for ComicShelf. Both webOS 2.0.1 users and webOS 2.1.0 users are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Bump. Still looking for 1-5 more testers specifically for ComicShelf. Both webOS 2.0.1 users and webOS 2.1.0 users are welcome
    Sent u a PM with a request, can I help test ComicShelf?

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  13.    #13  
    Beta testing for ComicShelf is now closed. Expect it on the App Catalog in the next week or so

Here's a video tour of ComicShelf:

how the beta is going, troubles?

any idea about the date or the price??

thanks for the work you are doing
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Does this work like lets say ComicReader Mobi or whatever for iPhone where you can click on a box and it auto zooms the text? Or is that something that is possible in an update? Seems like that is an awesome feature.