Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    I'm on Windows 7 64-bit and a Sprint Palm Pre. I've downloaded WebOS QI, and, at first, I had the problem with WebOS QI asking to install Novacom drivers each time. I solved that with the trick of copying the Palm, Inc folder from the \Program Files directory to the \Program Files (86) directory.

After doing that, I've now run into the problem reported by syntracomp above--that when I try to install things (Preware, for instance), I get the transferring files to the Pre dialog box and what appears to be a successful installation, but on looking on the Pre (and even after rebooting the Pre), I don't see Preware on-device.

What can I try next?
    I'm having the same issue. Says it installs Preware but never does. Anyone got a solution to this? Been a frustrating morning...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    I'm on Windows 7 64-bit and a Sprint Palm Pre. I've downloaded WebOS QI, and, at first, I had the problem with WebOS QI asking to install Novacom drivers each time. I solved that with the trick of copying the Palm, Inc folder from the \Program Files directory to the \Program Files (86) directory.

After doing that, I've now run into the problem reported by syntracomp above--that when I try to install things (Preware, for instance), I get the transferring files to the Pre dialog box and what appears to be a successful installation, but on looking on the Pre (and even after rebooting the Pre), I don't see Preware on-device.

What can I try next?
    As an update, I found a workaround that helped me move forward with what I needed to do. That workaround was to use webOS QI v 3.14. It successfully installed what I needed.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I have MSB Pro 10.6.6 Snow Lep OS X. I have followed the directions for getting started. Got to the point where I downloaded Doctor and it ran the Installer. The Installer went thru the unpacking and installing and at the end of the process it said it failed. I went to relaunch QuickInstall and it came up saying I needed the Nova driver and then it also wanted to re-download Doctor again. What did I do wrong!?

Note: I am using my pre's mobile hotspot for internet connection if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your help.

I should also note i am not very computer savvy when it comes to the command lines etc. you all talk about in this thread. I did locate 4 novacom thinga-ma-bobs in my Finder.

Is this what I need? I really am clueless.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by radicalRWer; 02/13/2011 at 04:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thanks, for your hard work.
    good software good designer!!!

ding!!!
    thanks!!!
    First try at v4.03 and it didnt work for me. I opened the .jar file and started trying to get a patch onto the PrePlus. I found the patches tab, but only one patch was listed under it. Not sure whats going on. Seems like it isnt loading patches from the feeds.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    Read endotronic's post above. It worked for me. Prehaps it will for you.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    That was very noob of me.... Not reading the post above... ! Thanks!
    Well, attempted to install on my win7 x64 machine to no avail again. I download webOS QI, plug in my pre, prompts to install novacom and download the doctor. Then it states no device is plugged in. Next time i reinstalled all of it, QI keeps prompting to reinstall novacom.

Not sure what is wrong. I have tried putting the Palm Inc folder in the Program Files (x86) folder, and nothing worked. Tried using back USB ports instead of hub ports. I even tried using an older webOS doctor file i had and nothing still.

Any suggestions?

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Hey thank you so must for the new quick install (it is so much easier to use). I do have one question. What is the easiest way to install custom boot logos with WOSQI 4/
    I am new to homebrew and quickinstall, but so far I have been able to get some apps and patches installed successfully, even though all the guides online don't apply to this new version. Unfortunately, I have been unable to get a theme installed. I click install in the themes tab, it says it has installed, but it never shows up on my phone. I also can't find where I would uninstall or restore my theme to default. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    I'm having the same issue. Says it installs Preware but never does. Anyone got a solution to this? Been a frustrating morning...
    I've helped a couple of people with this issue in the last couple of days. We could not work out why it is occurring, so I advised them to alert Jason to the problem, then install the Palm SDK and use the palm-install program to install the ipkg file from http://get.preware.org/

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by endotronic View Post

for those of you having trouble, i suggest trying this:
    Copy "c:\program files\palm, inc" to "c:\program files (x86)\palm, inc" and try again. Hope that helps!
    thanks
    thanksss
    thanksssss
    Quote Originally Posted by pmartin View Post
    OK i seem to have resolved this now. Since I'm on XP rather than Win 7 it looks a little different from Endotronic's instructions so maybe this will help other XP users.
    I have in program files a directory Palm, Inc with subdirectory novacomd which itself has a subdirectory x86. I copied novacom.exe (note: not novacomd.exe) to this x86 directory and WOQI no longer hangs on the installation process.
    Now all i have to do is go enjoy what i've installed!
    hope this helps
    --> Im having the same issue:

In plain english, after i copy the novacom.exe to (x86 folder), it still prompts me to install novacom as soon as i open WOQI. as tho i never installed.

Not to mention, my XP computer is Not recognizing my pixi.
    ..AND... when i plug my device into the USB port(FYI - tried all different ports) it recognizes my device as a "Generic Serial" and "Reduced...R-(ACM)" not as a Pixi???

ANY ideas why i cant Get my pc to even find my device?

NOTE:I recently flashed my pixi to another carrier and im kinda afraid to use webOSDoctor for fear of bricking my pixi.

Oh and did i mention, when i plug my device in via USB plug, it doesnt even give me an option to "Sync", or "JustCharge"??
    Help! I had this when it was version 3.0 and it ran perfectly but now it keeps saying that the novacom driver needs to be installed and when i install it (I am in dev mode) It says that there isent a device connected! Please help!
    it didnt work for me, i downloaded it AND got the doctor program, when i open it , it wont work and it reinstalls every time i open it
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Is there an alternative application for 'themer' and linux commandline that no longer appears on the tools menu of 4.03
    Will this allow me to remove BS Sprint applications, such as NASCAR and Football? I wanted to use Internalz and remove fluff from my phone.
    I have a question. I've been trying to install some patches, but every time I do I get this error:

Unable to contact webOS-Internal's Servers.
    Cannot download AUPT scripts for the patch.

(Also, this just started. I installed some partches an hour ago and it worked fine)
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeBworth View Post
    Hey thank you so must for the new quick install (it is so much easier to use). I do have one question. What is the easiest way to install custom boot logos with WOSQI 4/
    Use Internalz! (get from Preware or WOSQI if you don't already have it). Just copy the pics to your Pre, name them palm-logo.png and palm-bright-logo.png (that's the glow one) and move them from the /media/internals/ folder to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/ then do a luna reboot...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Ok so dumb*** me bricked my phone. After getting it all setup, and running again (damn me for not thinking the 1ghz kernel wasn't good enough... just had to try the 1.2ghz kernel.. Luckily, it just wouldn't boot my phone..) I have a question..

I'm too tired to get preware up. I've spent 11 hours trying to just download the damn correct webOSdoctor (it kept timing out, or just finishing too early, to where I just downloaded 2mbs at a time, paused, resumed, downloaded 2 more mbs.. rinse, wash, repeat).. But enough of that.. my point...

Will any webOSdoctor program work for preware? Or do I need to use the one that webOS Quick Install downloaded? Because I deleted that one in frustration when it wouldn't reboot my phone..

(I live in the middle of nowhere, and rely on a Virgin Mobile MiFi Hotspot with no cap, runs at between 75kbs/sec to 600kbs/sec in my area for my broadband internet. My other two choices are dial-up, and thats both too slow, and won't let me on XBL or my PSP, or Satellite "Broadband", which after looking up, has daily bandwidth caps of 75mbs, and monthly caps at around 10gbs.. Which I would just obliterate. And has usual speeds of 700bytes/sec to 5kbs/sec. So downloading something on my option alone can be time consuming.. Man I miss the city...)