Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1336
Like Tree205Likes
  1.    #1281  
    After a few issues, the new release is here!

WebOSQuickInstall-4.6.0.jar

v4.6.0 - November 30, 2014
    - Added adb connection support for Open webOS and LuneOS devices
    - Added support for opkg for Open webOS/LuneOS devices
    - Improved package info handling support
    - Fixed Preware ipkg feed URLs
    - Fixed issue with novacom drivers not downloading/installing
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thanks Jason!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Dear Jason,
    Thanks very much for posting the updated version 4.6.0. But I keep getting stuck at the 'No device attached" error message, even when I detach/re-attach my HP Pre3 (as a USB drive). Any suggestions?
    Also, I was unable to get the Preware Homebrew Documentation from the HP App Catalog. No more purchases can be made from the HP catalog, but I can still get free apps there. If the documentation was somehow made available for free, I promise to pay for it after the fact. Honestly.
    Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterMacara View Post
    Dear Jason,
    Thanks very much for posting the updated version 4.6.0. But I keep getting stuck at the 'No device attached" error message, even when I detach/re-attach my HP Pre3 (as a USB drive). Any suggestions?
    Also, I was unable to get the Preware Homebrew Documentation from the HP App Catalog. No more purchases can be made from the HP catalog, but I can still get free apps there. If the documentation was somehow made available for free, I promise to pay for it after the fact. Honestly.
    Thanks again.
    You don't use USB drive mode for this. When connected by the USB cable, type webos20090606 on your phone. Tap the developer mode icon that appears & run WOSQI on your computer.

The donation link is in the first post of this thread.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 12/01/2014 at 05:34 PM.
    Remy X likes this.
    Thanks very much for the tip. Once I was in developer mode, I was able to install WebOS Quick Install (and Preware - no problem). Without access to the Preware Homebrew documentation, I was clueless what to do. I hadn't done the Developer Mode thing in so many years I had forgotten about it. Thanks again.
    openwebos, luneos support...

Shouldn't this be version 5.0 then :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    You don't use USB drive mode for this. When connected by the USB cable, type webos20090606 on your phone. Tap the developer mode icon that appears & run WOSQI on your computer.

The donation link is in the first post of this thread.
    Hi there,
    I have connected my Pre2 in dev mode but still WOSQI 4.6 doesn't recognize it...
    Weird: it was working yesterday... And it works with my TouchPad.
    Any reason you could explain and solve?

Thanks...
    Yes, that happens to me too. Check to make sure the novacom service is running. If not, start it and all will be well. Happens to me sometimes.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Yes, that happens to me too. Check to make sure the novacom service is running. If not, start it and all will be well. Happens to me sometimes.
    Thanks, Alan. But how do I know whether novacom service is running? I'm a dummy in computers, and must admit I feel sick about thinking all is not automatic... and in a few weeks that webOS will stop!
    FYI, I tried to download novacom from http://ompldr.org/vN3M3Mw/novacomInstaller.exe but it fails finding it...
    Thanks to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by abcama View Post
    Thanks, Alan. But how do I know whether novacom service is running? I'm a dummy in computers, and must admit I feel sick about thinking all is not automatic... and in a few weeks that webOS will stop!
    FYI, I tried to download novacom from http://ompldr.org/vN3M3Mw/novacomInstaller.exe but it fails finding it...
    Thanks to help.
    Depends what you're running on the PC. I'm very behind the times, but I'd CTRL+ALT+DEL for the task manager.

If it's not there, start menu, RUN: services.msc Find "Palm Novacom" and start it.

If it's not there, WOSQI 4.6. comes with the drivers, so... install! (in fact, if it's not detecting a device, I think it offers that option)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Preemptive; 12/21/2014 at 12:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    After a few issues, the new release is here!

WebOSQuickInstall-4.6.0.jar

v4.6.0 - November 30, 2014
    Device: Pre3 2.2.4

Installed and seems to be working fine.

Thanks again, Jason!

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Thanks Jason, this is much appreciated

Barry
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    donated! thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Depends what you're running on the PC. I'm very behind the times, but I'd CTRL+ALT+DEL for the task manager.

If it's not there, start menu, RUN: services.msc Find "Palm Novacom" and start it.

If it's not there, WOSQI 4.6. comes with the drivers, so... install! (in fact, if it's not detecting a device, I think it offers that option)
    Thanks ! The novacom service was not running. Now it's ok.
    Sorry to thank you so late, but with year end and a flue, I just saw your answer today...
    By the way, Happy New Year !
    Preemptive likes this.
    :confused
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    That's a result of its original modelling after PalmOS Quick Install, where there was a dedicated folder that queued up file installed. Not needed, and probably could be changed nowadays if desired; at the time it was a familiar flow pattern allowing for longer-term queuing of packages/patches
    Anyone ever write / jot down a quick guide to install luneos with wosqi?
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Anyone ever write / jot down a quick guide to install luneos with wosqi?
    What? Is that even possible? Don't you have to set up partitions and all that?

Or do you mean use it AS an installer ON LuneOS?

Update: No, it seems it's is possible
    http://forums.webosnation.com/luneos...ml#post3430124
    Last edited by Preemptive; 01/11/2015 at 02:20 PM.
    I am new here and have a problem. I have a Palm Pixi Plus running Palm WebOS 1.4.5. I am trying to run WebOS Quick Install v4.6.0 with no success. I also get the 'No device attached" error message. I have verified that Palm novacom is running, the phone is in developer mode, connected via usb, and set to "just charge".
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Cheers!
    I am new here and have a problem. I have a Palm Pixi Plus running Palm WebOS 1.4.5. I am trying to run WebOS Quick Install v4.6.0 with no success. I also get the 'No device attached" error message. I have verified that Palm novacom is running, the phone is in developer mode, connected via usb, and set to "just charge".
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Cheers!
    Try a different USB port, different cable, and if that doesn't work, reboot the phone, then pc if it still doesn't work.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums