Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 135358596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1336
Like Tree205Likes
    FOUND THE ANSWER TO MY PROBLEM

I was choosing "usb" but should choose "just charge"

After choosing "just charge" the download took only seconds.

Charles
    Anastasia likes this.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Omg charles i could kiss you!!! That did it!!! ***do not select usb mode -- select charge only and then run webos quick install*** woohoo!!!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    (The above changed my all-caps to lowercase but I AM SO EXCITED!!! THANK YOU CHARLES!!!)
    Hi ... Noob when it comes to cell phones but computers I know ... Any ways I have a HP Pre2 Palm and I'm curious with webOS Quick Install , Can any webOS Quick versions be installed on this phone ?
    WebOS Quick Install is not installed on the phone, it is a tool that runs on your desktop computer. From there it does interact with any webOS device (with developer mode enabled and) attached to the computer via USB.
    Quote Originally Posted by DudePaul View Post
    Hi ... Noob when it comes to cell phones but computers I know ... Any ways I have a HP Pre2 Palm and I'm curious with webOS Quick Install , Can any webOS Quick versions be installed on this phone ?
    I just replied to a similar query. Here is that post.
    The Weather Channel App not working?

Depending on your PC knowledge, WOSQI also allows command line access to the undelying Linux system on your phone. Useful information can be found at www.webos-internals.org
    I have followed the instructions exactly several times and it does not show.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrataenzer View Post
    I have followed the instructions exactly several times and it does not show.
    What doesn't show?

You are presumably trying to use WOSQI.

Please be specific about the following:
    Your device (phone or tablet)
    Your computer's operating system.
    What doesn't show or happen the way it's is supposed to and when (at what point when following the instructions?)

This information will enable someone to try and help you.
    I tried to include the optware feeds, i. e. I entered "http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/optware/armv7/" and "http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/optware/all/" into WOSQI's "Own feeds" fields. "Packages.gz" is automatically added by QuickInstall. But the packages never show. Any idea why not?

Addition: I find it useful to keep some of the essential preware packages stored on the local desktop computer. I have to search them manually in the ipkg preware feed via browser, which can be cumbersome, particularly with long filenamens. A download button beside the install button would be an improvement in WOSQI.
    Last edited by ZehHa; 04/14/2014 at 05:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Pardon me if I am in the wrong place. I can't get WOSQI running on Linux Mint XFCE 16 which is based on Ubuntu. Attached are two files, TerminalMessages, and WOSQI.log . The latter file is requested by the
    WOSQI manual (the one you download to your Palm Pre 2 from App Catalog for 99 cents), but the
    first file is more complete and has the log file within it. In particular, I can't load the novacom driver for
    WOSQI to use.

Thank in advanced for any help.

Sheng-Chieh

UPDATE: I can't upload two attachments. Just read the first attachment. If you want to see WOSQI log
    output, scroll 75% to section 3.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Can someone helps?

I tried

Linux Mint 16 XFCE (based on ubuntu) on my desktop
    crunchbang 11 (based debian stable) on my 701 eee laptop
    liveCD: Fedora XFCE July 2013 on desktop
    liveCD: Linux lite 1.0.6 (based on ubuntu) on desktop
    liveCD: sparkylinux 3.1 LXDE (based on debian) on desktop

On all of them I can't install the novacom driver. I get error like

[code]
    $ sudo dpkg -i palm-novacom_1.0.76_i386.deb
    Selecting previously unselected package palm-novacom.
    (Reading database ... 153449 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking palm-novacom (from palm-novacom_1.0.76_i386.deb) ...
    Setting up palm-novacom (1.0.76) ...
    stop: Unknown instance:
    palm-novacomd start/running, process 2176
    [\code]

Am I even using the correct driver? Can you name linux distros which WOSQI works?
    I only need to get a patch installed in PP2, i.e., I only need to run a liveCD once,
    get WOSQI working, and install a patch.

Sheng-Chieh
    As you seem to know your way around Linux, I assume you've noticed that WOSQI runs under Java - if not, you need to install Java.

However, you are also talking about novacom, which I assume runs more directly under Linux or Windows. I'm not expert enough to explain this. I've previously run WOSQI on Java on Windows and clicked the option to install novacom via WOSQI. The package then downloads and installs.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thank for replying. Unfortunately either way

- use WOSQI to install the novacom driver
    - use dpkg (debian package installler) to install the novacom driver

does not work. And it doesn't matter which jave I use (openjdk, Oracle jave 6, 7,8).
    The problem narrows to installing the novacom driver.

Sheng-Chieh
    Quote Originally Posted by shengchieh View Post
    Can someone helps?

I tried

Linux Mint 16 XFCE (based on ubuntu) on my desktop
    crunchbang 11 (based debian stable) on my 701 eee laptop
    liveCD: Fedora XFCE July 2013 on desktop
    liveCD: Linux lite 1.0.6 (based on ubuntu) on desktop
    liveCD: sparkylinux 3.1 LXDE (based on debian) on desktop

On all of them I can't install the novacom driver. I get error like

Code:
    $ sudo dpkg -i palm-novacom_1.0.76_i386.deb
    Selecting previously unselected package palm-novacom.
    (Reading database ... 153449 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking palm-novacom (from palm-novacom_1.0.76_i386.deb) ...
    Setting up palm-novacom (1.0.76) ...
    stop: Unknown instance: 
    palm-novacomd start/running, process 2176
    Am I even using the correct driver? Can you name linux distros which WOSQI works?
    I only need to get a patch installed in PP2, i.e., I only need to run a liveCD once,
    get WOSQI working, and install a patch.

Sheng-Chieh
    That message kind of looks like there is already a novacomd installed and running. Check your package manager and uninstall if so. I have only ever used Ubunto - various versions from 8.04 to 12.04.
    Jason, if you're still out there, the community of users that lack sufficient coding skills would certainly appreciate an update to correct the default feeds from ipkg.preware.org to ipkg.preware.net. Manually setting the hosts file is a workaround and manually adding all of the feeds to WOSQI is also a workaround. There are those out there that lack those skills as well. Thanks for the consideration (and for the great product that is WOSQI).
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Temp solution removed...
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 08/31/2014 at 07:53 PM. Reason: temp solution removed
    Follow me on Twitter
    See the update here TIP: preware.net solutions for WOSQI, Preware v1.9.13 | pivotCE Unofficial WOSQI 4.5.1 build is available for download. If/when Jason updates this main WOSQI thread the unofficial build will come down and the link will be updated to this thread.
    Follow me on Twitter
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Do note: installed apps don't appear in the feeds.

Though for the record, you can add custom feeds in the Settings window
    Jason,
    Sorry to be the last to the party but I can't get preware to download on the computer after the quick install. The install appears to work. I get the page that allows me to type in preware. It keeps coming up as no pakgs available. I have set dev mode, reinstalled novacom, watched as the globe went through the packages, and even disabled all security It's as though the packages don't stay in the computer.
    I have another touchpad that has preware and has ACL installed, so I have done it before. (PS. ACL however refuses to acknowledge my authentication code.). I am not having the best of luck. Can you help me?
    Using Dell inspiron, HPTP3.0.5.

twinmom45
    twinmon45,

Take a look at this fix. The guys at PivotCE explain what happened)... TIP: preware.net solutions for WOSQI, Preware v1.9.13 | pivotCE
    Alan Morford likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by twinmon45 View Post
    ...(PS. ACL however refuses to acknowledge my authentication code.). I am not having the best of luck. Can you help me? twinmom45
    Try contacting & notifying ACL 'Support' (if they still exist!): http://support.openmobileww.com/hc/en-us
    I had this glitch too and if I recall correctly, they tweaked something on their servers, advised then UNregistering, rebooting and then re-registering again with your license code.. or a new one if they deem that necessary.
    Whatever they did seemed to work anyway.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/25/2014 at 07:48 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.