Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11515657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1336
Like Tree205Likes
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I was reading this thread and I couldn't find someone who had the same issue I have.
    1. my touchpad is on developer mode
    2. running 3.0.5 version
    3. I was able to do the webOs doctor
    4. I got to the part where i started webOS quick install and the HP Touchpad shows as the device
    5. after clicking on the blue globe a box with the message downloading and parsin shows up and it seems like it is loading something but it's been 15-20 minutes and nothing loads up
    Is there something missing?
    Does it really take hours to load?
    Please HELP!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yea, that's how it works. The main screen is where you can add/remove off-feed .ipk and .patch files. The globe button opens the feed viewer

And thanks for the correction. I don't have a Mac and was just going off what I've been told. Updated the first post.
    Hey men, I am currently at this step with my touchpad but for some reason after i click on the globe it won't load anything. Do you have any idea what it could be?
    I mean the touchpad shows as my device and TP is on developer mode, etc
    Is the software site down?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ramli7 View Post
    No worries. Me also had the same problem. ( For my Tablet..... )

Download Universal Novacom Installer v1.2.1 ( For windows ) from the following link.

http://universal-novacom-installer.g...mInstaller.jar

Download and save the relevant version of WebOSDoctor, for your phone, from the following link.

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

( for my tablet http://downloads.help.palm.com/webos...5hstnhwifi.jar )

Then,run the Universal Novacom Installer.

Click to view quoted image

When prompted, click Select File button and point towards the WebOSDoctor already downloaded.

After driver installation, developer mode is enabled in the Device and connected to PC.

Run the WOSQI 4.4.0 and click the third button on the right side.All available files will be downloaded.

Select the Preware and install it.

All the above actions are done in PC.

After Preware is installed in the Phone / Tablet, from there you can install any application, theme or patches...
    Thank you very much for this info. But I'm stuck on your 3rd image where there's a pre phone. I get that same box but it's been like 2 hours and it hasn't done anything, do you know what it could be?
  4.    #1204  
    New release

Download Here

Source code: https://github.com/JayCanuck/webos-quick-install

v4.5.0 - March 8, 2013
    - Fixed the novaxom driver installation issues
    - Changed the PreCentral references to webOS Nation
    - Minor bugs and code cleanup
    - First opensource release

Just to make this absolutely clear, as of v4.5.0 especially, you should never need Universal Novacom Installer nor webOSDoctor to get WebOSQuickInstall working.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thanks for open-sourcing it!
    On a side note, binaries should never be included in git repositories. Just bloats them in size.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    On a side note, binaries should never be included in git repositories. Just bloats them in size.
    It used to be you could upload binaries to GitHub separately, but I can no longer find the feature. I wonder why. (Then there are people using it exclusively as a bug tracker...)
    It used to be you could upload binaries to GitHub separately, but I can no longer find the feature. I wonder why. (Then there are people using it exclusively as a bug tracker...)
    That feature was removed a couple of months ago.... I liked it because I don't always want to go through all steps to package/compile something myself. I do understand githhb's reasoning though; binaries were taking unnecessary space and bandwidth.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    New release

Download Here

Source code: https://github.com/JayCanuck/webos-quick-install

v4.5.0 - March 8, 2013
    - Fixed the novaxom driver installation issues
    - Changed the PreCentral references to webOS Nation
    - Minor bugs and code cleanup
    - First opensource release

Just to make this absolutely clear, as of v4.5.0 especially, you should never need Universal Novacom Installer nor webOSDoctor to get WebOSQuickInstall working.
    It's Front Page News when the prodigal returns: WebOS Quick Install 4.5.0 goes open source | webOS Nation

Welcome Back and Thank You...

Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    barryb20 likes this.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I'm stuck at "no devices connected"
    I followed all the instructions but it won't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchiman View Post
    I'm stuck at "no devices connected"
    I followed all the instructions but it won't work.
    just post exactly step by step what you did and someone could find whats gone wrong. (if youve followed the steps perfectly i think the main issue tends to be incorrect/faulty installation of novacom drivers)
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    just post exactly step by step what you did and someone could find whats gone wrong. (if youve followed the steps perfectly i think the main issue tends to be incorrect/faulty installation of novacom drivers)
    Opened Quick install
    Installed drivers
    Dev mode
    Plugged phone in
    Just charge
    "no devices connected"
    Debian. TouchPad. Trying to do a Webos Quick Install 4.5.0.jar. Novacom Driver Missing. Install it now? Yes. Enter my root pword. Driver installed successfully. No devices currently connected - please connect a device (yes, my cable is connected and yes, I'm in developer mode). OK, OK, OK, ad infinitum.

updatedb. locate Novacom driver to check permissions/ownership. can't find novacom.

After this I'd like to use Executa to install xorg.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    So how can we get Quick Install to correctly recognize that the Novacom driver is installed?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    4.5 does not work for me. it closes after showing the splash screen. i havent used it in over a year so i am probably forgetting something. i have the TP set to developer mode.

edit: 4.4 works for me. i had novacom already installed beforehand. maybe that is the reason why 4.5 does not work for me?
  15.    #1215  
    Quote Originally Posted by illli View Post
    4.5 does not work for me. it closes after showing the splash screen. i havent used it in over a year so i am probably forgetting something. i have the TP set to developer mode.

edit: 4.4 works for me. i had novacom already installed beforehand. maybe that is the reason why 4.5 does not work for me?
    Open up command prompt on your computer (Start Menu->Run...->"cmd.exe" and hit ok button). Then type "java -jar path/to/WebOSQuickInstall.jar" (where path/to/WebOSQuickInstall.jar is the filepath to where you have WOSWI saved). Then just tell me what error is displayed and I'll have clues to what's wrong.

I will remind other people with issues to check out http://bit.ly/wosqi-guide for look through the forums. 99% of issues posted about are solved by a bit a reading.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Following the instructions within the app homebrew preware. I put the touch pad in developer mode and connect the device via usb to Micro usb cable it attempted to install the drivers all went well but Novacomm. I launched right into downloading java Runtime and Console and plugins...etc and I downloaded the WEBOs Doctor and it installed the NOVACOMM Driver. But after downloading two versions of WOSQUI4.5.0.jar and disabling my winrar from opening .jar files I enabled WOSQUI4.5.0.jar to be opened by a number of online suggested java apps. Java.exe, javaws.exe, jvaw.exe. I have opened up cmd prompt and typed ftype jrar and it found nothing of the sort. The .jar archive seemed to have the makings of what I recognize as an operating system with my limited knowledge of such thing, but for my life I believe I have tried everything I can think of in order to get Quick Install to work. Please offer me any advice you have.
    After reading a bunch of posts and and looking all over the site and mainly this thread, I was checking my post on this thread to see if there had been any replies to my plea for help. And lo and Behold the last post in this thread before mine included a method of installing WOSQI4.5.0 that I Had not tried.

<Start Button>

(TYPE) CMD <ENTER>

C:\Users\LAXXXX> java -jar C:\Users\LAXXX\Downloads\WebOsQuickInstall-4.5.0.jar <ENTER.

and Voila it ran perfectly so I guess I have Irony to thank given that it was the post RIGHT before mine that answered my problems. To Make it Further Ironic the post was made by Jason Robitaille that, as I understand it is who originally developed WOSQI4 and many other WebOS patches programs and other software for WebOS. So anyone that might have been planning on donating time and experience into helping me rest assured I have been helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by kgreen1343 View Post
    I am having a problem getting WebOS Quick Install to launch from my PC. I was able to launch it in the past. I am getting a Java Null Pointer Exception. Any ideas why I am getting this exception.

I checked Java version and it is Java 6 . Here is how I call the jar program

C:\Users\Kay>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_20\bin\java" -jar "c:\Program
    Files (x86)\WebOSQuickInstallHomebrew\WebOSQuickInstall-4.4.0.jar"
    Jul 11, 2012 4:46:58 PM org.jdesktop.application.Application$1 run
    SEVERE: Application class ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.WebOSQuickInstallApp failed to
    launch
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.MainView.loadList(MainView.java:105)
    at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.MainView.<init>(MainView.java:84)
    at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.WebOSQuickInstallApp.startup(WebOSQuickInstal
    lApp.java:34)
    at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThre
    ad.java:269)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.
    java:184)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThre
    ad.java:174)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.Error: Application class ca.can
    ucksoftware.wosqi.WebOSQuickInstallApp failed to launch
    at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:177)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThre
    ad.java:269)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.
    java:184)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThre
    ad.java:174)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.MainView.loadList(MainView.java:105)
    at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.MainView.<init>(MainView.java:84)
    at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.WebOSQuickInstallApp.startup(WebOSQuickInstal
    lApp.java:34)
    at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171)
    ... 8 more
    Old post, but since I recently hit a similar situation and didn't see an answer to this question, I'll post my solution in case it helps others. Basically, it seems that Windows or Java or something doesn't like the long path to the wosqi jar. kgreen1343 had it in c:\Program Files (x86)\WebOSQuickInstallHomebrew\; I had mine in C:\Program Files\Canuck Coding. I'm on version 4.5, but the behavior was exactly the same: launch to the splash screen, then disappear.

Bottom line: I moved the jar file to a shorter path (in my case, C:\Temp), and it worked. Not sure if it was the shorter path, the lack of embedded whitespace in the path, or what, but now it works.
    @kolomona:
    The problem is that in Windows 7's right management, programs with user privileges can't create files/folders in X:\Program Files. If the "Install" folder doesn't exist, Quick Install tries to create it (in your case at C:\Program Files\Canuck Coding\Install), but it can't due to missing rights, and as this case isn't properly handled in Quick Install, it indirectly leads to the exception you've seen.
    So it's kinda both Quick Install's and Windows's fault.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  20.    #1220  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    @kolomona:
    The problem is that in Windows 7's right management, programs with user privileges can't create files/folders in X:\Program Files. If the "Install" folder doesn't exist, Quick Install tries to create it (in your case at C:\Program Files\Canuck Coding\Install), but it can't due to missing rights, and as this case isn't properly handled in Quick Install, it indirectly leads to the exception you've seen.
    So it's kinda both Quick Install's and Windows's fault.
    For the record: in none of my guides did I ever say to put within C:\Program Files\ and have always done examples/tutorials in a user downloads folder or desktop.

If someone puts it in C:\Program Files\, you're going to have to run the Java app in Administrator mode. As far as I know, because UAC requires a manifest for an exe, Java jar apps are not able to easily set privileges in Windows.