Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    I tried this today today, and I was also getting frustrated about the same problem everyone else seems to be having. I also got the message about Novacom not being installed every time I launched the program, and after installing, it would never see my Pre.

I looked further into the problem, and I noticed that the 64-bit Novacom was being installed, but Java is 32-bit on my computer. Assuming that Novacom was running in a separate process rather than being loaded by the 32-bit process, I copied the Palm directory from Program Files to Program Files (x86) where Java would see it. Voila! Everything works.

For those of you having trouble, I suggest trying this:
    Copy "C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm, Inc" and try again. Hope that helps!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by endotronic View Post
    I tried this today today, and I was also getting frustrated about the same problem everyone else seems to be having. I also got the message about Novacom not being installed every time I launched the program, and after installing, it would never see my Pre.

I looked further into the problem, and I noticed that the 64-bit Novacom was being installed, but Java is 32-bit on my computer. Assuming that Novacom was running in a separate process rather than being loaded by the 32-bit process, I copied the Palm directory from Program Files to Program Files (x86) where Java would see it. Voila! Everything works.

Copy "C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm, Inc" and try again. Hope that helps!
    That appeared to work, it opened. Thank You!
    good,good,goodest
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Is there a way to set boot logos still? I can't find it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    This is really weird. The old version of QuickInstall works (to some extent) on my Pre2 (win7, 64bit). When I try to use the new version, I am prompted to install the Novacom drivers (of course they're already installed), and then, once that's completed, it says no device is connected (it IS, and it's in dev mode!). Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LazPL View Post
    This is really weird. The old version of QuickInstall works (to some extent) on my Pre2 (win7, 64bit). When I try to use the new version, I am prompted to install the Novacom drivers (of course they're already installed), and then, once that's completed, it says no device is connected (it IS, and it's in dev mode!). Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Read endotronic's post above. It worked for me. Prehaps it will for you.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Thanks endotronic. You rock. Problem solved. I suspected it was a pathing issue.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    thnx
    Hi Jason
    i'm a newbie with an unlocked Pre 2 in the UK and am having problems getting WOQI to work. I hope you can help me.
    I have followed all the instructions in this thread viz:
    - uninstall novacom and reinstall via the option in WOQI (webosdoctor download)
    - checked version etc - novacom -l returns 1453 5451019f0978974467c28611668747cf3f4 usb roadrunner-linux and novacom -V gives version 17
    - novacom.exe (not novacomd) is in C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc (it's dated Oct 21 2010)
    - rebooted the PC after all of this. It's running XP and up to date with service packs etc (corporate machine - i've also run with same results on home machine).

WOQI runs and detects my pre 2 (which is in developer mode). WOQI downloads OK but hangs on installation - just the animated graphic saying installing.......

i've checked that it's not the antivurus or firewall (downloads happen OK and the activity logs are clear).

i'd really like to enjoy the delights of Homebrew etc - hope you can help me!!
    regards
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I do have 14 posts and I am not able to download this soft. <<deleted by mod>>
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/08/2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: unnecessary
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Problem solved here too! Great catch endotronic.

WOSQI now opens without any questions about Novacom, etc! Yay!

WyreNut
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.
    Hi there, I hope I can add a few more helpful details to the problem.

I'm in with most of the group up to this point. I'm running win7 64 bit and WOSQI 4.03 loads, asks for novacom driver, installs, says I need to connect a device, wash rinse repeat.

I followed Endotronic's advice with no luck. I have also installed 64bit java and restarted again with no luck.

Afterwards I noticed that when I run "sc query novacomd" in the command line it still is reading from "\Program Files" instead of "\Program Files (x86)"
    It also says "stopped" now

Also when I check services.msc and inspect the properties of "palm novacom" it is also in "/Program Files".

Should this be installing into the x86 folder?
    Problem solved on my german windows XP too. Just added a new folder "programme (x86)" and copied the "Palm, Inc"-Folder into it. Donīt really understand why, but everything is great now
    I'm having a problem connecting to my pre 2. I'm using Ubuntu 10.10, after setting the phone to dev mode, and running WOQI, it displays a dialog saying no device is connected then terminates.

I have tried removing the old novacom drivers from a previous install, then having it reinstalled through WOQI, but I'm still getting the same message. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Jason, thanks for all your hard work, the new version(4.03) is great! Just wanted to let you know that I ran into the same problem several others did with the novacom drivers and was able to resolve the issue with Endotronic's instructions. Thanks Endo! I'm running Vista 64 and would be happy to get you any additional info if you need it. Keep up the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by endotronic View Post
    Worked for me too! Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmartin View Post
    Hi Jason
    i'm a newbie with an unlocked Pre 2 in the UK and am having problems getting WOQI to work. I hope you can help me.
    I have followed all the instructions in this thread viz:
    - uninstall novacom and reinstall via the option in WOQI (webosdoctor download)
    - checked version etc - novacom -l returns 1453 5451019f0978974467c28611668747cf3f4 usb roadrunner-linux and novacom -V gives version 17
    - novacom.exe (not novacomd) is in C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc (it's dated Oct 21 2010)
    - rebooted the PC after all of this. It's running XP and up to date with service packs etc (corporate machine - i've also run with same results on home machine).

WOQI runs and detects my pre 2 (which is in developer mode). WOQI downloads OK but hangs on installation - just the animated graphic saying installing.......

i've checked that it's not the antivurus or firewall (downloads happen OK and the activity logs are clear).

i'd really like to enjoy the delights of Homebrew etc - hope you can help me!!
    regards
    OK i seem to have resolved this now. Since I'm on XP rather than Win 7 it looks a little different from Endotronic's instructions so maybe this will help other XP users.
    I have in program files a directory Palm, Inc with subdirectory novacomd which itself has a subdirectory x86. I copied novacom.exe (note: not novacomd.exe) to this x86 directory and WOQI no longer hangs on the installation process.
    Now all i have to do is go enjoy what i've installed!
    hope this helps
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    When i click on the glode button, it updates and says: No Packages Found in EVERY PG!

Why is that so? Restarting phone and PC now, hope it"ll resolve this issue...
    My Windows Server 2003 computer here is all 32 bit. Could it be that Jason has hardcoded that "(x86)" thing into WOQI, because his computer is 64 bit, and needs to do that for it to access a 32 bit component?

Also, why doesn't WOQI detect if the Novacom service is running? It shouldn't bother about its installation, only about it being running.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Does the ver of Novacom affect everything? My novacom ver is 1.0.1.0 dated: 09/10/2009.
    So I suppose the ver is too old isn't it?

Am trying to d/l the new webdoctor for the new novacom now and see how it goes..