Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1336
Like Tree205Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ajguns View Post
    it say that "there are no devices currently connected. Please connect a device to continue."..
    This usually points to a device on which Developer Mode is not enabled.

Regards,

Jochen
    When prompted, click Select File button and point towards the WebOSDoctor already downloaded.

This is where I am having issues. How do I point to the Web OS Doctor? When I download WebOSDoctor, it comes as a Zip file. When I click Select File, I see the WebOS file as webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi. I click on that and the files underneath are: com; META-INF; resources. This is where I am stuck.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alholguin View Post
    When prompted, click Select File button and point towards the WebOSDoctor already downloaded.

This is where I am having issues. How do I point to the Web OS Doctor? When I download WebOSDoctor, it comes as a Zip file. When I click Select File, I see the WebOS file as webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi. I click on that and the files underneath are: com; META-INF; resources. This is where I am stuck.

Thanks
    The link I have given contains only single ( 223mb ) file with .jar extension. No zip file. Pl check.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramli7 View Post
    The link I have given contains only single ( 223mb ) file with .jar extension. No zip file. Pl check.
    Some browsers name the file with a zip extension when downloading. Just rename the file to webosdoctor.jar and it should work fine.
    I rename it webosdoctor.jar, and when I select it, the universal novacom replies with "please wait..."But nothing happens. It stays that way without indicating it was completed.
    I am at stage 2 of installing Preware. When I get to the need to install Novacom, it fails because 'no device is detected'. I have checked that developer mode is on in my Touchpad, it is connected to my PC and I pressed Close (no Cancel offered) rather than USB mode. I see you have given detailed instructions here, but wondered if they applied to a Touchpad. For instance, I was unaware that I might need WebOSDoctor??
    Any help appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Private message me your OS and I'll try and help ya out.
    My OS is Vista-32, Please help. Thank you.
    I have been trying install Novacom from WebOs Quick Install.
    But They just keep saying that " no connected to device"... even I connected my phone to my pc properly.
    What I am doing wrong?
    I have been unable to successfully run the WOSQI. I've tried every method in this post (I think). When I run the command:

"C:\Program Files\HP webOS\SDK\bin\novacom.exe" -V
    result is "version: 22"
    "C:\Program Files\HP webOS\SDK\bin\novacom.exe" -I
    result is "unable to find device

Same thing when I run the java file i get the "no devices connected" message.

I've tried
    - uninstalling and reinstalling novacom drivers
    - restarting phone in/out of developer mode
    - restarting computer
    - mult computers
    - mult usb cables, mult usb ports
    - turned data on (it was off cause I mainly use wi-fi)

This phone is on a t-mobile prepaid plan and I really want to delete all the AT&T junk as well as access the preware apps. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by sir_jolly; 08/01/2012 at 02:46 PM.
    I installed the palm sdk and it seemed to have corrected the problem.

- Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I installed the palm sdk and it seemed to have corrected the problem.

- Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk
    Thank you... I finally got it to work on my home computer. I ran windows updates and installed the latest 64-bit SDK (which I hadn't tried yet on my home PC).
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hi,

Iīm really glad that there are people writing such software and I thank you for it. When you use homebrew software, they are mostly messy made (look at some android apps ;-) from functions and/or the UI. This is well made and has mostly no flaws. (Damn novacom!)

There is one thing I really donīt like about it.This modal question "There are no devices connected" with OK and CANCEL (I have the german language version, so the text is maybe not the same) is annoying. When you click OK, it appears again (I most cases its not the connection but a driver problem) and when you select CANCEL the application quits itself. From your perspective (developer) it is correct. Without a device it cannot work and when you not connect your device the application is not necessary.

But for the User Experience it is very frustrating, because I (the user) has the control about this and quit applications, not the application itself. And in most applications there are options for connections. So I want to look into the options but BANG, the software is gone. First users donīt know that there are no more options and switches. The first time I thought it has crashed. Then you restart it again and again, but you canīt get behind this modal-barrier. Even when my connection is not working, maybe I just want to see the software. Or maybe is there a log?

So make it please more consistent with other software. My suggestion is: after the modal message, when I hit OK, the message doesnīt appear again. When there is no device, in the dropdown is nothing. For the blind users, it would be no problem to write it in red in the top line. For example like here:

I use WOQI since some versions, but this modal message always really ****es me off. ;-)

Bye,
    Daniel
    I had the same problem; my ATT Pre 3 had a cracked screen so I got a Verizon Pre 3. in the process of of trying to install impostah etc I could not get WOSQI to install. I got it to work finally by doing as above and downloading the current SDK and Doctor. I reran WOSQI and bada bing it worked. Hope this works for you.
    I've read the rules. Not sure where to put this but I am trying to get the LunaCE on touchpad. But the problem is I can't get preware back. I have followed the instructions to delete preware and followed the instructions to enable the feeds. Actually I have done this two ways. First with with the terminal available through WebOS Quick Install and using xcutah. Why? because while I can get WOSQI running, I can't see preware in the list. I'm in dev mode, not usb, and I open WOSQI 4.4.0, click globe, see lots and lots of things, but no preware.
    I'm on WebOS 3.0.5. I have lots of patches, but removed a few in prep for LunaCE. Uberkernal and govnah set at 1.5 ondemand. I haven't pulled Lumberjack in yet for logs but I think I can load it on touchpad with WOSQI if necessary. If the answer is to wipe the Palm, Inc folder and redo all novacom and such, okay but other than not seeing preware, it all looks like it is running just fine. I have an additional question and that is in order to enable alpha and beta feeds, I saw that you could do them at the same time. Curious the exact procedure. Each has a two line instruction. Should they be done serially (i.e. 4 lines of code) or should I do the first line of the first set, then the second line of the first set, and then the second line of the second set?

**EDIT**
    LunaCE is up and running. machine gun approach to enabling feeds worked, but not recommended.
    Used terminal to install preware, which was deceptively easy, but vulnerable to mistyped characters with unknown consequences (cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria)
    The process resulted in a clear indication that preware was already installed. I allowed it to overwrite and reinstall. I previously neglected to mention that I uninstalled preware by touch holding and clicking the x. I guess it just deleted the icon but not the program.
    Currently running govnah at 1.7.
    The variety of multitasking modes these refinements offer, just amazing. Why wouldn't you want to interface with your touchscreen device this way? Many thanks to the devs.

Last note: as a slightly older member of the community, I got my start on computers in 5th grade with a Pet computer then commodore 64. By freshman year of high school, my friend had a apple II+. Got my own 512k Mac for college. After college Windows was taking over the business word, so I got busy with that. Mostly just an end user with some understanding of the guts. But as I've dug into this touchpad, I've realized this isn't actually mysterious voodoo. It is a bit complicated, and mistakes can cause real trouble, but it is just another computer. Learn how to talk to it and it should try to do what you ask. My experience installing preware through the terminal, without plugging it into anything was a revelation. All in all a rather entertaining experience. I glad you are all here to help, teach and learn.
    Last edited by thepook; 08/19/2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: slightly rewritten for clarity
    I have up to date Jave installation, and have downloaded this quick install program, and when it asks me to install novacom it keeps giving me an error message: Driver installtion failed. How do I get around this? If anyone can help or knows please respond I would grestly appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zellenzevo View Post
    I have up to date Jave installation, and have downloaded this quick install program, and when it asks me to install novacom it keeps giving me an error message: Driver installtion failed. How do I get around this? If anyone can help or knows please respond I would grestly appreciate it.
    java, greatly... sorry
    nice
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I can't get my Veer recognized on WOSQI. I have installed Preware 3-4 times on a Pre, then once on my Veer when I first got it last July, so I am familiar with the process, but I always have to recheck the instructions everytime I do it. I have a Mac, the latest version of WOSQI, I have the phone on "Just Charge", I put it in Dev Momde. Device not recognized. I restarted it while still plugged into USB, still not recognized. If I try to reinstall Novacom, I get an error. This is new Veer replacement because I broke my screen.

Any help?
    hi everybody, can someone help?! i followed the instruction for installing WebOS Quick Install v4.4.0 but everytime i try to run it, it prompts to install Novacom but I get the error msg: Driver Installation failed. I really have no idea what to do. I disabled the firewall and antivirus bit did not help.
    first make sure your phone is in dev mode people . Second in your search box type in " services.msc " excluding the " . When you see services double click on it and a box will open and you will have to scroll down to the " palm novacom " when you find it , right click on it and hit restart. Double check that your phone is in dev mode again. Then restart your computer and restart your phone with complete shutdowns and then restart webOS quick install and you should be good to go. If this does not work then you need to uninstall novacom driver reinstall and then reboot your computer. Good day
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ramli7 likes this.