Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1336
Like Tree205Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSilvia View Post
    any support or way to makeWOSQI work on Ubuntu 12.04?
    Works fine on my 12.04 Just right-click --> Open with OpenJDK 7 Runtime (which you can install via the Software Center) and then it works just fine. Also, you need the novacom driver deb-file of course.
    I need some help...

I was trying to fix my Pre 3 (needed to start fresh), and I did the Erase All Apps and Data option...that went fine, until I went into Dev Mode, and fired up WOSQI so I could install Preware...and got the following:

ERROR: Feed loading failed

It was when the app was trying to load the webos-clock-themer.googlecode.com feed.

Can someone help me? Right now, I've got a very dysfunctional Pre 3...and no way to return it to working condition...

Thanks in advance...

==============================
    EDIT: I tried to disable the Theme feeds (PreThemer, PreCentral Themes, and Clock Themes) in WOSQI settings, but I can't get my changes to stick (no "save" option, only close).

What can I do?

==============================
    EDIT #2: While I cannot get WOSQI to work because of this problem, I think I figured out what the problem is, and an alternative to install Preware. The problem appears to be that Google changed the website address for Prethemer (from a site ending in googlecode.com to one derived from code.google.com), and WOSQI can't get past that change, and so crashes while trying to load that feed. My alternative is to install the ipk file for Preware using the SDK command line.

It didn't solve the WOSQI problem, but at least I got some forward movement on getting my Pre 3 back in working order.

I am hoping that Jason sees this and when he has time can add a "save" button or something to the Settings menu, so that we can disable feeds if there is a problem...(BTW, thanks, Jason...for all you've done and all you'll do while interning at HP!)

Take care.
    Last edited by treodoc755; 06/23/2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Figured some things out...
    I came across a few issues. I managed to get past them, but I'd like to leave this for posterity, and in case you get some free time to fixing these

At first, the application crashed when I clicked "yes" on the "install novacom driver?" prompt.
    I looked at the stacktrace, and it turns out I need to install xterm first - you should list this as a dependency; average joe wouldn't have run this with "java -jar".

Once I had installed xterm, I noticed it was trying to sudo my. Contrary to the "features", root access is needed. So I added myself to the sudoers list.

Then I noticed I got prompted for the driver over and over again. After running "ps aux | grep xterm" I noticed two issues:

1) It was trying to run dpkg. This is a debian (and derivates) package manager and won't work on most other distributions.
    2) It was trying to install a i386 package. I'm running on amd64, so it was the wrong architecture anyway.

After some looking around, I noticed someone had packged the novacom driver AND webos-quick-install for my distro, so I used that. I still thought I'd report this.

Cheers, keep up the great work!
    I am having a problem getting WebOS Quick Install to launch from my PC. I was able to launch it in the past. I am getting a Java Null Pointer Exception. Any ideas why I am getting this exception.

I checked Java version and it is Java 6 . Here is how I call the jar program

C:\Users\Kay>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_20\bin\java" -jar "c:\Program
    Files (x86)\WebOSQuickInstallHomebrew\WebOSQuickInstall-4.4.0.jar"
    Jul 11, 2012 4:46:58 PM org.jdesktop.application.Application$1 run
    SEVERE: Application class ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.WebOSQuickInstallApp failed to
    launch
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.MainView.loadList(MainView.java:105)
    at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.MainView.<init>(MainView.java:84)
    at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.WebOSQuickInstallApp.startup(WebOSQuickInstal
    lApp.java:34)
    at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThre
    ad.java:269)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.
    java:184)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThre
    ad.java:174)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.Error: Application class ca.can
    ucksoftware.wosqi.WebOSQuickInstallApp failed to launch
    at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:177)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThre
    ad.java:269)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.
    java:184)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThre
    ad.java:174)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.MainView.loadList(MainView.java:105)
    at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.MainView.<init>(MainView.java:84)
    at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.WebOSQuickInstallApp.startup(WebOSQuickInstal
    lApp.java:34)
    at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171)
    ... 8 more
    When i open the webos quick installer it says to download novacom drivers. But when i do, and error message pops up saying "ERROR: Driver installation failed" Ive tried it many times and it still doesnt work. PLEASE HELP ME. Id be so thankful if you do!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yo_Adan. View Post
    When i open the webos quick installer it says to download novacom drivers. But when i do, and error message pops up saying "ERROR: Driver installation failed" Ive tried it many times and it still doesnt work. PLEASE HELP ME. Id be so thankful if you do!
    Im getting this same error attempting to install novacom drivers from quickinstall
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I too have today experienced a Novacom Driver install failure on two boxes which previously had no problems:

Yes, I have made sure that prior installs have been removed thru the MS control panel.

Yes, I have tried several times an install using both webOS Quick install and the UniversalNovacomInstaller.

Yes, I have run various (Glary, CCleaner) registry repairs.

Yes, I deleted (Using Revo Uninstall) Java and reinstalling the most current version.

No matter what,

There is a requester box that states either:

1)(Under WebOS Quick Install) Error Driver Installation Failed

2)(Under UniversalNovacomInstaller) A Frozen Java progress box.

Interestingly, my Touchpad still can be accessed by direct connect USB mode, and both can be accessed by WIFI File Sharing!

At this point I can only conclude that there has been some changes to WIN 7 Pro (64bit) making the current Novacom driver install process no longer valid.

Any suggestions.....Thanks in advance!

Palm V - Palm Vx - Palm Pre (x2) - Palm Pre 2 - Touchpad 32
    i am having problems installing the novacom drivers as well. Please help
    HP changed the links to doctor including novacom drivers. Every tool that used a "palm.cdnetwork" link needs to be updated.

of course this happens right after I reinstall windows and try to install drivers - pfff..

see post here.
    https://twitter.com/webosinternals
    Last edited by derausgewanderte; 07/15/2012 at 06:30 PM.
    @jaycanuck said he would issue an update "shortly".
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I am having this issue as well and can't doctor my phone to make it functional (and my wife is in the hospital and can't communicate with her). Ugh. I love webOS but I am not sure I can deal with these issues anymore.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    is it going to get updated?
    Quote Originally Posted by lolwatpear View Post
    is it going to get updated?
    yes. they have said on twitter they will (specifically Jason @jaycanuck)
    Any news about the updates? Has anyone heard when the updates will be available?
    Quote Originally Posted by TCL987 View Post
    Thanks a million; a small edit, and now I've got the version for my little netbook:

http://downloads.help.palm.com/opens...com-win-32.tgz

Jochen
    After I download http://downloads.help.palm.com/opens...com-win-64.tgz, I set up my Touchpad to developer mode. When I click on web os quick install it states there are no devices currently connected. I have verifed that my Touchpad is connected to my laptop.

When I click reinstall Novacom, it states driver installation failed. Please help. Thanks
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alholguin View Post
    After I download http://downloads.help.palm.com/opens...com-win-64.tgz, I set up my Touchpad to developer mode. When I click on web os quick install it states there are no devices currently connected. I have verifed that my Touchpad is connected to my laptop.

When I click reinstall Novacom, it states driver installation failed. Please help. Thanks
    try uninstalling Novacom from your computer. then reinstall from the file in the message above. That fixed it for me and my Verizon Pre3
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
    Hello;
    I'm downloading WOSQI 4.4.0 and I save it on Desktop. Then, it appears a zip file. I unzip it and several carpets show up but the icon does not shows. I don't know what I'm doing wrong since I had it before and just need to reinstall it because my HDD was cleaned up without carefully securing my DATA!!!... sorry, still a bit mad about that.
    Thank you for your help-

UPDATE:
    Ok. I can start it now, but it is giving me the same "DRIVER: instalation failed" just after it starts. When I press OK, it say that "there are no devices currently connected. Please connect a device to continue.". Then I connect my Pre3 and keeps telling me the same.
    Does this relate to the upcoming update from Jason?
    Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by ajguns; 07/25/2012 at 12:44 AM. Reason: UPDATING
    ajguns
    LONG WILL LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajguns View Post
    Hello;
    I'm downloading WOSQI 4.4.0 and I save it on Desktop. Then, it appears a zip file. I unzip it and several carpets show up but the icon does not shows. I don't know what I'm doing wrong since I had it before and just need to reinstall it because my HDD was cleaned up without carefully securing my DATA!!!... sorry, still a bit mad about that.
    Thank you for your help-

UPDATE:
    Ok. I can start it now, but it is giving me the same "DRIVER: instalation failed" just after it starts. When I press OK, it say that "there are no devices currently connected. Please connect a device to continue.". Then I connect my Pre3 and keeps telling me the same.
    Does this relate to the upcoming update from Jason?
    Thank you for your help.
    No worries. Me also had the same problem. ( For my Tablet..... )

Download Universal Novacom Installer v1.2.1 ( For windows ) from the following link.

http://universal-novacom-installer.g...mInstaller.jar

Download and save the relevant version of WebOSDoctor, for your phone, from the following link.

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

( for my tablet http://downloads.help.palm.com/webos...5hstnhwifi.jar )

Then,run the Universal Novacom Installer.

When prompted, click Select File button and point towards the WebOSDoctor already downloaded.

After driver installation, developer mode is enabled in the Device and connected to PC.

Run the WOSQI 4.4.0 and click the third button on the right side.All available files will be downloaded.

Select the Preware and install it.

All the above actions are done in PC.

After Preware is installed in the Phone / Tablet, from there you can install any application, theme or patches...
    BBooDad and xandros9 like this.