Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1336
Like Tree205Likes
  1. #1061  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Private message me your OS and I'll try and help ya out.
    i intalled the program novacom but they telling me that i cant installed yet, what i am suppous to do ?
  2. F35B's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    #1062  
    Hi, I have a problem installing WebOS Quick Install, as this is normally installed, but ma aperece a message saying Please connect a device to continue and me options appear ok cancel and Reinstall Novacom I click on reinstall it Novacom, but still I continue to see this message, if you continue I oo closes everything. I connect my device and not recognize it.
  3. #1063  
    Quote Originally Posted by F35B View Post
    Hi, I have a problem installing WebOS Quick Install, as this is normally installed, but ma aperece a message saying Please connect a device to continue and me options appear ok cancel and Reinstall Novacom I click on reinstall it Novacom, but still I continue to see this message, if you continue I oo closes everything. I connect my device and not recognize it.
    Did you put your device into Developer Mode first?

    <threads merged>
  4. F35B's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    #1064  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Did you put your device into Developer Mode first?

    <threads merged>
    No, I do not appear in that mode.
  5. #1065  
    You have to have your device in Developer Mode in order for QI to recognize it as attached. I'd suggest picking up a copy of the QI Guide for your device and follow the directions in that document. Read the directions in the following link to put your device in Developer Mode.

    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Getting_started
  6. #1066  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    WebOS Quick Install v4.4.0

    This program is intended for use with WebOS applications that are in-testing, which under section 4.2 of the Palm SDK License Agreement allows for such unapproved applications to be installed on Palm devices. Applications installed with WebOS Quick Install have not be tested by Palm and are installed at your own risk.

    This program is freeware, but not opensource. Feel free to redistribute it, but it must remain free and must include a link back to here or canuckcoding.ca


    Donations are appreciated as I'm just one person developing this app during my spare time.
    Click to view quoted image


    Enjoy! :-)


    Download Here


    Setup Guide/Problem Troubleshooting
    • If you would like step-by-step directions on how to get things up and running, or are encountering some issues, I highly recommend checking out the official WOSQI Homebrew Guide.



    Requirements
    • Java 1.6
      • For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Applications/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.

    • Novacom
      • This will get installed automatically when you run WebOS Quick Install

    • DevMode enabled
      • This can be done on your device by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.


    Lastly, when you plug in the device, if you want to use WebOS Quick Install, choose the "Just Charge" option on the device.


    Running WebOS Quick Install
    • Simply double-click WebOSQuickInstall.jar and (as long as Java is installed properly) it will launch


    Features
    • Stylish easy-to-use GUI
    • Cross-platform support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux)
    • Supports off-feed .ipk and .patch files
    • Full-featured feed viewer, with custom feeds allowed
    • No Linux knowledge required, no root access required.
    • webOS 3.x-compatible
    • Full device information section
    • Send and receive files to and from a webOS device.
    • Multiple device support
    • Supports English, French, German, and Simplified Chinese



    Screenshots
    Click to view quoted image
    Click to view quoted image



    Change Log
    v4.4.0 - January 29, 2012
    - Now uses AUSMT for .patch file installation
    - Improved feed parsing

    v4.3.1 - September 8, 2011
    - Fixed an issue with PreCentral feed ipk files not properly downloading

    v4.3.0 - September 6, 2011
    - Fixed issue with downloading .ipk files on redirected feed urls
    - Added support for non-standard Novacom driver locations
    - Improved DevMode password detection/support
    - Novacom drivers that get installed should now be Lion-compatible
    - Fixed an issue where novacom.exe would hang around in the background causing problems
    - Fixed issue affecting driver installation on Windows computers

    v4.2.3 - July 2, 2011
    - Fixed a connection bug that would prevent connection if you disconnect and reconnect the same device in a single session

    v4.2.2 - July 2, 2011
    - Updated to fix a bug where Novacom reinstall attempts on Windows could fail if novacom.exe was missing

    v4.2.1 - July 1, 2011
    - Will now install properly Novacom drivers for webOS 3.x
    - Logging mode improved for installs/uninstalls
    - Now dynamicly determines the webOSDoctor and Linux drivers URLs

    v4.2.0 - June 26, 2011
    - Auto-detects if a device needs a password to connect
    - Prompts for password if needed
    - Option to save passwords (encrypted) to avoid needing to re-enter it everytime
    - Option on Settings screen to delete all stored passwords
    - Option on Settings screen to use device name rather than device model
    - Now able to enable/disable feeds on the Settings screen
    - Initial no-devices-detected error now has the options to retry and to reinstall novacom
    - Fixed .patch applying using the new AUPT script urls
    - Packages with invalid source json objects will be omitted from the feed viewer
    - Will now be properly notified if file transfers fail
    - Improved German translations

    v4.1.1 - June 3, 2011
    - Added a proper fully-functional Linux Commandline option

    v4.1.0 - June 3, 2011
    - Changed novacom connection format
    - Much stabler; fewer, if any, disconnects
    - Faster and more efficient
    - Fixed a bug that in rare circumstances would freeze WOSQI
    - Novacom driver installation no longer requires webOSDoctor; only downloads driver itself (11mb)
    - Full support for future devices (as long as you have a novacom driver that supports it)
    - Unavailable patches are now properly hidden
    - Clock Theme feed is now added by default
    - Fixed a bug that prevented "MinWebOSVersion" and "MaxWebOSVersion" source json values from being recognized

    v4.0.4 - February 24, 2011
    - Much improved novacom detection; should drastically reduce the number of people who are stuck always being prompted to install novacom drivers
    - Fixed issue preventing root fs remounting to read-write

    v4.0.3 - February 7, 2011
    - Fixed an issue giving .patch files the wrong package name

    v4.0.2 - February 7, 2011
    - Fixed an issue with Device Management freezing during loading

    v4.0.1 - February 7, 2011
    - Fixed an issue with incorrect Novacom executable path finding on some Windows systems

    v4.0.0 - February 6, 2011
    - Underlying code has been 100% redone; only the UI images and layout has been re-used, everything else is new and reworked
    - Dynamic dropdown box on main window to easily change between actively connected devices
    - No longer requires webOSDoctor (with the exception of temporarily once to install Novacom is it's not installed)
    - Immersive feed viewer with tabbed access to all facets of the homebrew community: apps, themes, patches, kernels, etc.
    - Feed viewer has all the bells and whistles like categories, screenshots, search, and custom feeds, with full dependency support and following all the latest homebrew package standards
    - Full support for French, German, and Simplified Chinese
    - Much-improved stability; works on Sun Java SE 6 and OpenJDK
    - Many many small bugfixes, UI changes, and stability improvements



    Special thanks to Derek Kessler for the splash image, Jake Morrison for the French translation, Tobias Kaller for the German translation, and medigi8 for the Simplified Chinese translation.

    Also, thanks to everyone who's helped contribute to the cause: those who donate, those who help test, those who help teach me new things, and those who help out with new users. This app wouldn't be what it is without you guys
    Dear friend the aplicattion is not working for me.....can you give a hand?
    error: package dependencies not satisfied
    what can i do?

    10X
  7. #1067  
    Can anyone please tell me how to remove themes using wosqi 4.4.0???
  8. #1068  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You have to have your device in Developer Mode in order for QI to recognize it as attached. I'd suggest picking up a copy of the QI Guide for your device and follow the directions in that document. Read the directions in the following link to put your device in Developer Mode.

    Getting started - WebOS Internals
    Can please tell me how to remove themes using wosqi 4.4.0???
    Please........
  9. #1069  
    I have a pre plus.

    My physical keyboard is broken and I want to install a virtual keyboard, but in order to do that it requires typing to enter DEV mode.

    Is there any other way to enter DEV mode without the use of the keyboard?

    I'm running OS 1.4.5 so I can't do the ##DEVMODE# method on the keypad.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated
  10. #1070  
    hello. i have 1.4.5 on Palm Pre. whether this program will install webOS 2.1 ?
  11. #1071  
    Getting errors "Failure to load feed" when trying to download the preware software from the site. Log file attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  12. #1072  
    Quote Originally Posted by turcheck View Post
    Getting errors "Failure to load feed" when trying to download the preware software from the site. Log file attached.
    Problem solved. THis issue was with HP's firewall not allowing downloads from this site. Tried it from my home computer (2nd one to try) and it downloaded just fine. Installed PREWARE without issue.
  13. #1073  
    I come to inform you I made a PKGBUILD for ArchLinux

    https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58991
  14. tpd15's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    #1074  
    Hi there,

    I'm trying to put homebrew on my Touchpad. I am following the instructions here, to the letter, but no luck. QuickInstall keeps telling me that it doesn't see a TP connected.

    I've rebooted both the pc and the TP, I've tried a couple of different USB ports on the pc, I've allowed QuickInstall to reinstall the Novacomm drivers, and the TP is definitely in dev mode and not in USB mode.

    Is there anything else I can try?
    thanks,
    Toby.
  15. #1075  
    This is happening to me too. Tried 4.4.0. Machine is in Dev mode and not USB mode. WQI says 'no device is connected'. It used to work before I did the so-called "app reset".

    (edit) Apparently novacomd is no longer running on the Touchpad. The only other way I know of to do the first installation of any homebrew (to get Preware and/or Internalz Pro on it) is to use scp and ipkg, which I have not attempted before.

    (edit again) Putty (scp) won't work either. Apparently those services aren't running either...

    (edit again) WQI can talk to the emulator. novacomd is running on the PC. It just won't talk to the Touchpad. And yes, I am in dev mode and not in USB mode.
    Last edited by rickr765; 05/16/2012 at 10:22 AM.
  16. #1076  
    wonder if anyone could shed some light on this matter?

    i have a samsung laptop that has happily installed quick install for my pre 2 pre 3 and touchpad - i have just bought and in the process of refurbishing a pixi - so i click on webos quick install - java kicks up and says its unable to launch the application .... so far i have

    Updated Java 7
    Found the most recent quickinstall 4.4.0

    reset the computer several times
    system restored the computer to 6 months ago
    re installed Java
    re installed WSQI

    still no joy

    i grabbed the wifes computer and it downloaded and ran in a blink - any suggestions for mu samsung???
  17. #1077  
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathcliffe View Post
    wonder if anyone could shed some light on this matter?

    i have a samsung laptop that has happily installed quick install for my pre 2 pre 3 and touchpad - i have just bought and in the process of refurbishing a pixi - so i click on webos quick install - java kicks up and says its unable to launch the application .... so far i have

    Updated Java 7
    Found the most recent quickinstall 4.4.0

    reset the computer several times
    system restored the computer to 6 months ago
    re installed Java
    re installed WSQI

    still no joy

    i grabbed the wifes computer and it downloaded and ran in a blink - any suggestions for mu samsung???
    Open Command Prompt (run "cmd") and type the following:

    java -version

    (if it outputs a version, that means java is working okay. if not, download Java Development Kit from Oracle's website, install, and retry. If it works, proceed to this next step.)
    Change directory in cmd prompt to the folder WSQI.jar is located. for example:

    cd c:\users\ghost\downloads (yours will be different, easiest way is to right click on the .jar, details tab, and view the filepath/location)

    you should now see this:
    c:\filepath\>

    type java -jar WSQI.jar

    Should work from there, if not, post results.
  18. #1078  
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd15 View Post
    Hi there,

    I'm trying to put homebrew on my Touchpad. I am following the instructions here, to the letter, but no luck. QuickInstall keeps telling me that it doesn't see a TP connected.

    I've rebooted both the pc and the TP, I've tried a couple of different USB ports on the pc, I've allowed QuickInstall to reinstall the Novacomm drivers, and the TP is definitely in dev mode and not in USB mode.

    Is there anything else I can try?
    Quote Originally Posted by rickr765 View Post
    This is happening to me too. Tried 4.4.0. Machine is in Dev mode and not USB mode. WQI says 'no device is connected'. It used to work before I did the so-called "app reset".

    (edit) Apparently novacomd is no longer running on the Touchpad. The only other way I know of to do the first installation of any homebrew (to get Preware and/or Internalz Pro on it) is to use scp and ipkg, which I have not attempted before.

    (edit again) Putty (scp) won't work either. Apparently those services aren't running either...

    (edit again) WQI can talk to the emulator. novacomd is running on the PC. It just won't talk to the Touchpad. And yes, I am in dev mode and not in USB mode.
    Tried running services.msc, find "palm novacom" service, restart service?
  19. #1079  
    Quote Originally Posted by nmd003 View Post
    Open Command Prompt (run "cmd") and type the following:

    java -version

    (if it outputs a version, that means java is working okay. if not, download Java Development Kit from Oracle's website, install, and retry. If it works, proceed to this next step.)
    Change directory in cmd prompt to the folder WSQI.jar is located. for example:

    cd c:\users\ghost\downloads (yours will be different, easiest way is to right click on the .jar, details tab, and view the filepath/location)

    you should now see this:
    c:\filepath\>

    type java -jar WSQI.jar

    Should work from there, if not, post results.
    Hi thanks for your reply .... however as much as I think i can be a technical wonder ..I'm not.

    I downloaded the JDK's and installed. I have never really messed around with the command prompt and I'm confused. I have fumbled with it to the best i can but with no success. If you Don't mind talking to me like I'm a seven year old i would really appreciate your patience
  20. #1080  
    any support or way to makeWOSQI work on Ubuntu 12.04?

Similar Threads

  1. How to install Preware using WebOS Quick Install
    By larrymcj in forum Canuck Coding
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04/23/2012, 04:09 PM
  2. Can't install webOS quick install on Veer
    By gregp in forum Canuck Coding
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04/22/2012, 07:30 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10/16/2010, 02:35 PM
  4. Can't Install themes using webOS quick install
    By fictional in forum Canuck Coding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08/16/2010, 05:47 PM
  5. Ubuntu & webOS Quick install- where did the install put it?
    By Speedwagon in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11/01/2009, 08:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions