Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1336
Like Tree205Likes
    hey guys!

im installing some patches to my pre3 with webosqi.
    its all working fine, i guess, no errors and stuff. but i find it a bit enerving to always do a luna restart manually after having installed a patch... i remember earlier times when webosqi restartet luna automatically. is there an option i miss to set? or did you remove it for a reason?

it would be soo great to have this done automatically

greetz, zoltar
    Hi
    For the Palm Pre 1...

Use better :WebOS Quick Install v4.3.1

Or the old versión 2.96( is stored in my pc)
    I dont know the versions 3.xx and 4.xx
    After my Tochpad arrived from the repair centre, I tried to reinstall Preware over Quick Install. But i didn't work. I activated the dev mode already.

I can search for Preware and start the installation. But it stuck at the installation progress. I waited already over a hour, but it didn't installed it. The same problem with other apps (and ipks from my system).

Is there any other way to install Preware?
  4.    #984  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarstonOS View Post
    After my Tochpad arrived from the repair centre, I tried to reinstall Preware over Quick Install. But i didn't work. I activated the dev mode already.

I can search for Preware and start the installation. But it stuck at the installation progress. I waited already over a hour, but it didn't installed it. The same problem with other apps (and ipks from my system).

Is there any other way to install Preware?
    I'm guessing you didn't read the WOSQI threads or even the official WOSQI Homebrew Guide, both of while detain that particular issue and the many possible solutions. I'd encourage you to take a look at either, as it's a somewhat common issue and has already been address multiple times.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Sorry, but i searched already and i can't find anything about that problem.

I've used now an other PC and followed the instructions, but it still didn't work. I reseted the touchpad with the WebOs Doctor and after that it still didn't work.

So its more a problem at the touchpad. Without Preware the whole Pad is useless.
    OMG, Jesus! I'm so stupid. I went every time in the USB Mode, which was the mistake.

Sometimes you didn't see the problem, when it's directly in front of you.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I used to have no problems with WOSQI, but now with 4.3.1 I get "There are no devices currently connected. Please connect a device to continue"

I've reinstalled novacom several times, and have tried on several different computers. Any ideas?
    I have an HP 32 gig Touchpad which mysteriously erased itself tonight.
    I can't get Quick install to work either.
    The quick install stopped working before this disaster.
    I've done a lot of searches, found a lot of people helping others, but the problem still exists.
    HELP!
    OH my god, I got it to work right after my posting.
    I tried an older version of quickinstall version 4.2.3 and it worked!
    Just installed WOSQI 4.3.1 (Winodws XP) and got Preware loaded on my Touchpad. Awesome! Now I want to enable test feeds using the JAVA COMMANDLINE. Unfortunately when I click tools | java commandline a window opens and says "Choose the program you want to open this file", File: KEN. I'm stuck!
    Every time I had the 'no device detected' issue, I have uninstalled novacomd from add/remove programs in windows and then reinstall novacomd with wqis and it has solved it. Works for my 4 pcs figured I would pass it along

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Palm prē-ist.
    I am having problems installing Preware and other apps.

After you click install it just sits in the dialogue box saying "Installing: com.example.ipk". I am installing small apps at around 200kb to 5mb.

I've went into developer mode and have followed the steps. Please let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks.

Edit: Does WebOS Quick Installer require rooting? If so I know why!
    Quote Originally Posted by SwannyBhoy View Post
    I am having problems installing Preware and other apps.

After you click install it just sits in the dialogue box saying "Installing: com.example.ipk". I am installing small apps at around 200kb to 5mb.

I've went into developer mode and have followed the steps. Please let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks.

Edit: Does WebOS Quick Installer require rooting? If so I know why!
    Entering developer mode is the equivalent of rooting in the webOS world. Palm was very nice to give us an out of the box "root" supported by the manufacturer so there's no additional hoops to jump through for that.

You don't say what device you have. When you connect your device to the PC, are you selecting Charge Only (for a phone) or Cancel (for a TouchPad) on the menu that pops up on the device when connecting?

Did you install the Novacmd drivers (happens automatically on first successful connection when running WOSQI) and are they running? You can check to see if they are running by opening the Task Manager on the PC (press Control Alt Delete) and click on the processes tab. If it IS running, some people have had luck by stopping the novacmd processes, safely disconnecting the device, and reconnecting - which should restart novacmd.
    I download and extract it fine. But after i extract it, its just a bunch of folders (5 to be excact) help plox.
    Regarding WOSQI-

Recently it began giving me a problem out of the blue. After launching from Win7-64bit desktop I can connect to all devices even emulator with the CLI tool. But when i go to use the World button, I eventually get an error on the feed Webos-CLock-Themer. I unistalled the SDK and PDK - rebooted, re-installed SDK rebooted. Still same error.
    Very vexing. Any tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    Every time I had the 'no device detected' issue, I have uninstalled novacomd from add/remove programs in windows and then reinstall novacomd with wqis and it has solved it. Works for my 4 pcs figured I would pass it along

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    This helped me thank you!!
    I am getting "file transfer failed" errors whenever I try to use WOSQI to install .IPK files from my PC.

However, I just successfully used WOSQI to install these apps from the list brought up by the world icon:
    'search buttons', 'WxRad' & 'Five Dice'.

- I have WinXP 32bit, 32 bit Java 6 update 30
    - Touchpad 4G w/webOS 3.0.4
    - Only webOS patch installed is: 'Muffle System Logging'
    - Touchpad is in dev mode (verified). & has been restarted multiple times.
    - When I plug the TP using USB, I select "Close".
    - I am using WOSQI 4.3.1 & have done a 2nd download & verified the files match.
    - Novacom driver is ok : sc query novacomd -> status 4 RUNNING
    - WOSQI recognizes the touchpad, & it's 'Device Management' tool will display & remove installed packages
    - Whenever I try to use WOSQI to install either of these two .IPKs:

originalarrowsall.maverickz_1.0.0.IPK
    com.nelsun.networkdrives_1.0.2_all.IPK
    (I extracted the .IPKs from downloaded
    .zip files of the same name. before starting WOSQI.)

I consistently get "file transfer failed".

Hmm: I just tried renaming 'com.nelsun.networkdrives_1.0.2_all.IPK' to 'networkdrives.IPK' and installing it. The install worked. However,I still can't install 'originalarrowsall.IPK'.

I just verified that the Network Drives App now works!!, still no luck with keyboard arrows patch tho.

A bit later: I discovered the WEBOSQI documentation app. & generated a log file. It looks like java can't find the file!!! Could the path be too long?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Verell; 01/02/2012 at 07:34 PM.
    Hmm,
    Just copied originalarrowsall.maverickz_1.0.0.IPK to C:\TEMP & tried WOSQI again. This time it was installed. Tends to support the 'long file path' hypothesis.

BTW, how do I turn off WOSQI logging once I've turned it on with the JAVA -jar ... -log command?
    can't downlaod???????
    Suddenly my palm pixi plus is not getting detected. Please help. I have tried uninstall and reinstall of Nova drivers...But not working.....