Like Tree205Likes
  1.    #81  
    New release out. Download on post #1

v4.02 - February 7, 2011
    - Fixed an issue with Device Management freezing during loading

EDIT: another minor release.

v4.03 - February 7, 2011
    - Fixed an issue giving .patch files the wrong package name
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 02/07/2011 at 07:55 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Hmm... can ya try exploring to search for the novacom drivers location. On windows, it's usually in "C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc./". Perhaps it installed somewhere else on your device.
    The driver seems to be installing in C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc./novacom
    Sooo, I have my Palm Pixi+ connected to computer in dev mode, and go to use WOSQI 4.03, and I get "No Devices are connected. Connect a device then relaunch WebOS Quick Install." Any ideas what's the matter, or how I can possibly fix this.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Same problem here as the others. Phone (AT&T Pre Plus) in Dev Mode, USB cable attached and Just Charge selected. Running Vista64.

I launch the WebOSQuickInstall-4.03.jar file, I go through the Novacom install routine, let it download the doctor file, it installs, then get the "No devices connected" error. Rinse and repeat. Novacom is in the same directory Bev reported above:

C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc./novacom

When I go to stop the USB hardware, I can see Novacom up and running and is one of the options to stop.

WyreNut
    Last edited by WyreNut; 02/07/2011 at 09:09 PM.
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.
    There doesn't seem to be a problem, I can go back to WOSQI v3.14 and it sees my device.

Is this a 64 bit, problem? I am currently using Windows 7 Home Premium - 64 bit.
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    The driver seems to be installing in C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc./novacom
    Quote Originally Posted by WyreNut View Post
    Same problem here as the others. Phone (AT&T Pre Plus) in Dev Mode, USB cable attached and Just Charge selected. Running Vista64.

I launch the WebOSQuickInstall-4.03.jar file, I go through the Novacom install routine, let it download the doctor file, it installs, then get the "No devices connected" error. Rinse and repeat. Novacom is in the same directory Bev reported above:

C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc./novacom

When I go to stop the USB hardware, I can see Novacom up and running and is one of the options to stop.
    To both of you, just to confirm, the full path is "C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom/novacom.exe" ?
    Could you please try the following command in command prompt:
    Code:
    C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom/novacom.exe -V
    Then connect your device and do this command:
    Code:
    C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom/novacom.exe -l
    (that's a lowercase L btw)

And please tell me what is outputted.

Quote Originally Posted by killaor112 View Post
    There doesn't seem to be a problem, I can go back to WOSQI v3.14 and it sees my device.

Is this a 64 bit, problem? I am currently using Windows 7 Home Premium - 64 bit.
    not a 64bit issue, as I myself am on Windows 7 Pro 64bit.. Try the above commands and tell me what ya get

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

When I try to execute that, I get "Windows cannot find 'C:/Program'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Aha! Jason, novacom.exe is not nested into Palm, Inc/novacom. It's existing in C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom.exe. I do see the novacom subfolder also, but novacom.exe is not in it!

Typing the "C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom/novacom.exe -V" crapped out due to the file is not located there. Typing the correct path produced a "C:/Program is not recognized as an internal or external command..."

I changed my active folder by doing:

CD/
    CD C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc
    novacom.exe -V

and got "version: 14

Performing the -l command produced this:

50752 09064885d281bc2eb23f799aebefc41513259b92 usb castle-linux

WyreNut
    Last edited by WyreNut; 02/07/2011 at 10:02 PM.
    I just checked, and I have that same problem. There is a novacom.exe inside amd64, tho.
  10.    #90  
    When I try to execute that, I get "Windows cannot find 'C:/Program'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
    Oops, meant to say to use these commands:
    Code:
    "C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom/novacom.exe" -V
    Code:
    "C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom/novacom.exe" -l

Quote Originally Posted by WyreNut View Post
    Aha! Jason, novacom.exe is not nested into Palm, Inc/novacom. It's existing in C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom.exe. I do see the novacom subfolder also, but novacom.exe is not in it!
    Ah, I have that location accounted for already. The current Windows locations for novacom.exe that WOSQI v4 looks for is "C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom.exe" and "C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom/novacom.exe". Which is why I'm curious what that the output to the above commands. Could ya try them (with your proper novacom path used) and tell me what is outputted please.

I just checked, and I have that same problem. There is a novacom.exe inside amd64, tho.
    Sure that's not novacomd.exe?

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Jason, see my edited post above for the outputs.

This is reminding me of the problems I had installing the 1.4.5 emulator from the Dev site.

Two extra steps were necessary to get the Emul to run:

1. Even though the website's #2 step checked my version of Java as "Correct", it misidentified the 32bit version as the right one. I had to download a 64bit version (using IE 64) to grab it.

2. I then had to enter a new System Environment Path to direct windows to the 64 bit folder for Java :

;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin

Finally the Emul opened! Palm's troubleshooting suggestions are comprised of "Uninstall/Reinstall" which I tried twice, but then realized I was defining the topic of "insanity"... Same task, expecting different results?

(Though since I had the emulator working correctly, WOSQI should be working, no?)

WyreNut
    Last edited by WyreNut; 02/07/2011 at 10:20 PM.
    Yes it is, my apologies.

When I use "novacom.exe -V." I get version: 14.

When I use "novacom.exe -l." I get "52050 135182296f75329e86356751edf954c31dc usb pixie-linux."
    I checked again and found novacomd.exe in amd64 subdirectory:

C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom/amd64/novacomd.exe
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/07/2011 at 10:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I checked again and the driver is going into a further subdirectory:

C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom/amd64/novacomd.exe
    That's a slightly different driver Bev - it has a "d" on the end of the name.

Good sleuthing though!

WyreNut
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Jason, I've downloaded prev installs and they all worked gr8. Gr8 job
  16.    #96  
    Yes it is, my apologies.

When I use "novacom.exe -V." I get version: 14.

When I use "novacom.exe -l." I get "52050 135182296f75329e86356751edf954c31dc usb pixie-linux."
    try using the full novacom exe path and tell me if ya get the same results

Great work as usual Jason! Thanks so much!
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    try using the full novacom exe path and tell me if ya get the same results
    Arrgh.

I was not including the double quotes when typing the command....

Typing "C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom.exe" -V produces

version: 14

WyreNut
    When I use "novacom.exe -V." I get version: 17.

When I use "novacom.exe -l." I get "54596 68473971a3d8dcb508c415a237389118287c6999 usb castle-linux"

Also, there is no novacom folder; there is a novacomd folder.

I tried adding this path to the path statement in cmd prompt, but to no avail. I get the same 'C:/Program is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file' message.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Jason, Great work! I downloaded 4.0 witch worked fine, minus the continues loading of packages. Just downloaded the newest version and I also am having novacom issues. Every time I open Quick Installer it says that I need to install "Novacom" I select the webdoctor and it states that install was successful. When I hit ok it says that my device is not connected. The 4.0 version still works though, so novacom is installed and working.