Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    I hate the Palm Pre. I need a phone for work, not one that craps out every 3 months and I have to do a software reset. Last night it would not make it through a reset. I'm doing this because suddenly the earpiece AND Bluetooth connectivity doesn't work! This is the story of the nightmarish 2 years I've had this phone, and my contract isn't up till 3-6-2012, and I have a job and need this for work.

Problem: "There was a problem installing the hardware Palm Novacomm. The file already exists."

I deleted all registry entries, cleared c:\documents and settings\locals\temp, deleted the files in c:\program files\palm, checked to see if the service is listed in my services.msc and it's not there. What is going on here!? Why isn't this working now? Is this some crap the new version of Windows XP SP3 did to my computer? I'm on the verge of having to drive 20 miles to my mom's house because her computer has a working Palm Novacomm driver on it.

And YES THE PHONE IS IN DEVELOPER MODE. I'VE TRIED IT IN AND OUT OF DEVELOPER MODE!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    ok - ive put preware on 2 pre - & 2 TP's withour problem. just upgraded pre - to pre3 and having trouble. have latest webos quick install, it recognizes my pre 3. when i click on the globe and look in applications, it doesnt show preware. additionally, when i click on tools and device management, it shows preware as installed on device, yet i can not open it up. i tried uninstalling it there and it just gets hungup saying uninstalling but doesnt actually do anything. ive let it run for an hour w/out any success. Any advice???? thanks
    Can someone please help....I did WebOS Doctor and now my App Catalog is gone. In Software Manager, a yellow ! appears next to it. When I click on it, it takes me to a new page that is almost totally black....except for a smaller picture of a Touchpad and a dropdown box that says HP App Catalog. Nothing can be done on that page.
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchMe79 View Post
    Can someone please help....I did WebOS Doctor and now my App Catalog is gone. In Software Manager, a yellow ! appears next to it. When I click on it, it takes me to a new page that is almost totally black....except for a smaller picture of a Touchpad and a dropdown box that says HP App Catalog. Nothing can be done on that page.
    Just tap on the ! instead of the app's name.

Tapping exactly on the ! will prompt you to reinstall the app.
    hi, i'm from Colombia and i buy a pixi plus gsm (at&t). i turn on the dev mode, but simply, i can't use your tool there are always one messagge to say "there are not devices currently connected" idon't know if i'm doing something wrong, someone can i help me
    It says this field cannot be empty on 3.04 on my Touchpad. It will not let me leave the password blank. Is this something new?
    Last edited by oneduke; 11/21/2011 at 06:26 PM.
    Probably means you set it to something on an earlier trip into developer mode. I know it can be cleared, but I'm not sure how.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    I've got a Pre 3 and a Veer and have downloaded WOSQI guide which worked great for the Pre 3. But I can't get WOSQI to recognise the Veer. Dev mode on, cable plugged in, charging fine but WOSQI says no devices connected. When I plug the Pre 3 in at the same time it finds that but not the Veer. Reinstalled Novacom, restarted Veer, nothing works. Actually this afternoon did an Erase Apps and Data and it's only had the 2.1.2 update and Bing maps since then.

Clues?? Or is there some other way to get it on the Veer?

Thanks,
    Greg

Thanks for your reply, but please re-read my problem report. I stated I had already restarted the Veer, as well as doing an Erase Apps and Data. So restarting definitely does not work.
    I have exactly the same problem, and I also posted about it some time ago. The laptop I am using (lenovo X200s Win7 32bit) has WOSQI, Novocom etc for my Pre-, so I was thinking of uninstalling all of that and trying with a clean slate. Another possibility is that my Veer never says it needs to reboot when I put it in Dev mode. Makes me wonder if it really is in Dev mode? And given yesterday's events at HP, I need to figure this out PDQ...please help!!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I cant get webos installer to load. It was working before when I installed preware the first time. Had to do a restore on the TP cause of a couple issues. I redownloaded the installer and have the latest java 32 and 64 bit installed. Running WIN 7 Home Edition 64 bit with the latest updates. The full SDK/PKS?? was even installed after trying a few times cause I was gonna do an android port but ran into a problem and gave up.

Tried launching 3.14 and 4.3.1 Upon double clicking cmd comes up for .5 sec then goes off. Happens way to fast to read it.

I have searched and installed/uninstalled java at least 6 times
    <merged>
    I am using WOSQI under Ubuntu 11.10 for my TP and have successfully installed an ipk file on it. However, when I click the globe to get the feeds, it tries to get them and then displays the message ERROR: Feed loading failed. I am using Developer mode, connnected by clicking Close, have no Internet problems and no proxy server and have restarted all devices many times, the behaviour is always the same. I hope you can help, I have attached the log file. Cheers!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stonny9 View Post
    I cant get webos installer to load. It was working before when I installed preware the first time. Had to do a restore on the TP cause of a couple issues. I redownloaded the installer and have the latest java 32 and 64 bit installed. Running WIN 7 Home Edition 64 bit with the latest updates. The full SDK/PKS?? was even installed after trying a few times cause I was gonna do an android port but ran into a problem and gave up.

Tried launching 3.14 and 4.3.1 Upon double clicking cmd comes up for .5 sec then goes off. Happens way to fast to read it.

I have searched and installed/uninstalled java at least 6 times

after searching some more I found that you have to download jarfix.exe
    Jason, hp touchpad stuck on 'Reading Saved Package List' when running Preware. Uninstalled and reinstalled, any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by bishopd View Post
    Jason, hp touchpad stuck on 'Reading Saved Package List' when running Preware. Uninstalled and reinstalled, any suggestions?
    That's the result of a bug in webOS 3.0.4. HP is aware & fixing. Until then, if you do a Luna restart preware should load OK. This bug is also known to effect pReader.
    Quote Originally Posted by jivana View Post
    I am using WOSQI under Ubuntu 11.10 for my TP and have successfully installed an ipk file on it. However, when I click the globe to get the feeds, it tries to get them and then displays the message ERROR: Feed loading failed. I am using Developer mode, connnected by clicking Close, have no Internet problems and no proxy server and have restarted all devices many times, the behaviour is always the same. I hope you can help, I have attached the log file. Cheers!
    Fixed my own - turned off proxy server, which was on Manual after all...
    One happy bunny I am.
    Great job!!!!! And IŽd like to ask where can I find the iphone user agent spoof? I have a pre with 1.4.0 webos
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fmvazquez View Post
    Great job!!!!! And IŽd like to ask where can I find the iphone user agent spoof? I have a pre with 1.4.0 webos
    Used to be able to search it in prepare under "list of everything" - I haven't searched for it in a long time so not sure if it is still there or not?

why r u still on 1.4.0 when 1.4.5 has been out for a llooooonnngggg time?
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    I have been searching for a few hours to try to find the answer myself, but I don't seem to be able to do it - so I will ask here:

How do you open WebOS QuickInstall in Ubuntu? I have updated my Java and have downloaded the jar file, but I don't know how to open it. Every time I click on OPEN in the Ubuntu Software Center, it just shows me the folders in the file. EXTRACT doesn't do anything for me, either.

Do I need to run a command in the terminal? If so, what command? Thanks -
    Ok - I finally figured it out. You have to be careful to use capital letters if they are in the name!
    I think it'd be good if this program had a progress bar. Some apps take forever to install, and i often wonder if its frozen and if i should cancel and restart. But its hard knowing without a progress bar.

thanks for the good program though. Sometimes takes forever, but does work