Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I've got a Pre 3 and a Veer and have downloaded WOSQI guide which worked great for the Pre 3. But I can't get WOSQI to recognise the Veer. Dev mode on, cable plugged in, charging fine but WOSQI says no devices connected. When I plug the Pre 3 in at the same time it finds that but not the Veer. Reinstalled Novacom, restarted Veer, nothing works. Actually this afternoon did an Erase Apps and Data and it's only had the 2.1.2 update and Bing maps since then.

Clues?? Or is there some other way to get it on the Veer?

Thanks,
    Greg
    I got a TouchPad last night and bought the WOSQI Homebrew Guide straight away (4.3.1). Everything went fine except when I got to Installing .ipk and .patch files - Step 3. I don't see the two WebOS Package files (timmytracker and busgadget) and I don't know where to look for them - when I click the + button, it brings up My Documents but I have no idea if I downloaded these packages, and if so, where to find them. I did find ad blocker when I clicked on the Patches tab (after clicking the globe button).

Thanks for the helpful guide and thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

p.s. I'm running 3.04 on my Touchpad and followed all the directions regarding Developer mode and USB mode. My PC is Win7.
  3.    #943  
    Quote Originally Posted by organicphoto View Post
    I got a TouchPad last night and bought the WOSQI Homebrew Guide straight away (4.3.1). Everything went fine except when I got to Installing .ipk and .patch files - Step 3. I don't see the two WebOS Package files (timmytracker and busgadget) and I don't know where to look for them - when I click the + button, it brings up My Documents but I have no idea if I downloaded these packages, and if so, where to find them. I did find ad blocker when I clicked on the Patches tab (after clicking the globe button).

Thanks for the helpful guide and thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

p.s. I'm running 3.04 on my Touchpad and followed all the directions regarding Developer mode and USB mode. My PC is Win7.
    those packages were just examples to show what it looks like when you've added .ipk or .patch files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    those packages were just examples to show what it looks like when you've added .ipk or .patch files
    Wow, thanks for the super fast reply, and thanks for the work you're doing for folks like me!
    Last edited by organicphoto; 11/10/2011 at 10:59 AM.
    • This can be done on your device by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.
    I am pretty sure that was a Mortal Kombat cheat code for the original Nintendo....maybe it was Street Fighter....it's been too long.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    I've got a Pre 3 and a Veer and have downloaded WOSQI guide which worked great for the Pre 3. But I can't get WOSQI to recognise the Veer. Dev mode on, cable plugged in, charging fine but WOSQI says no devices connected. When I plug the Pre 3 in at the same time it finds that but not the Veer. Reinstalled Novacom, restarted Veer, nothing works. Actually this afternoon did an Erase Apps and Data and it's only had the 2.1.2 update and Bing maps since then.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Restart your Veer, then run WOSQI again.

To restart: Press power button about4 seconds, select Power, select Restart)
    Quote Originally Posted by boret View Post
    how do all of these folks have pre 3? I am willing to try and continue to stay with webos (all of my family have left rheir pre & pixi's behind)
    ebay. better hurry though; supplies are starting to dwindle and prices are starting to tick back up. unlocked AT&T Pre3's bottomed out at just less than $200, back when there were 100 for sale at any given time; now they're back up in the $230 range, and there are only around 25 for sale at a time.
    verizon pre3's are very few in number, never more than a half-dozen for sale at any moment, seem to be hovering just under $500.
    I don't seem to be able to install patches through WOSQI.
    It says 'Cannot download aupt scripts for patch.'
    Patches don't install through Preware either. I'm using a Pixi Plus.

Any help?
    I have two Verizon Pre3s. One running software version 2.2.3. I installed preware patches on it using WebOs Quick Install 4.3.1 with no problem. The second Pre3 had software version 2.2.4 and when I tried to install the same patches using the same system preware installed just fine but there were no patches. I did enable the patches to be installed on the device. In the webosqi screen on the patches tab there were none available. The installer did recognize the pre3 on the scroll down list. The version listed on the device is definitely 2.2.4. Any suggestions?
  10.    #950  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkruger View Post
    I have two Verizon Pre3s. One running software version 2.2.3. I installed preware patches on it using WebOs Quick Install 4.3.1 with no problem. The second Pre3 had software version 2.2.4 and when I tried to install the same patches using the same system preware installed just fine but there were no patches. I did enable the patches to be installed on the device. In the webosqi screen on the patches tab there were none available. The installer did recognize the pre3 on the scroll down list. The version listed on the device is definitely 2.2.4. Any suggestions?
    Patches are only available for specific versions. As far as I know, webOS 2.2.4 doesn't exist (or at least doesn't exist publicy), and no feeds are setup for patches/kernels for such.

Where did that 2.2.4 device come from? Did it have 2.2.4 when you got it originally?

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Both phones from ebay from the same provider in unopened boxes. They had the versions that I referred to when I activated them. I asked the seller about the sourse of the software and he replied that he got them directly from HP.
  12.    #952  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkruger View Post
    Both phones from ebay from the same provider in unopened boxes. They had the versions that I referred to when I activated them. I asked the seller about the sourse of the software and he replied that he got them directly from HP.
    Interesting. Could you please verify the v2.2.4 version on the one device by opening the DeviceInfo app and check that the webOS version listed there matches 2.2.4?

That is where I got the version info. It is definitely listed as 2.2.4. I was just as surprised as you and the seller. It would seem that this is correct as no patches came as a option but preware installed without trouble. The patch that I am interested in is Disable Light Sensitive Dimming as the pre3 has avery agressive light dimming program and I find myself looking at a dim screen. If you have any suggestion I would greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance
    As soon as I'm allowed to release them I will. So just be patient

Yea, it was deliberate. The CommandLine in WOSQI 3.x was very very buggy, and didn't handle interactive commands properly (or any command that required input for that matter). And given that 100% of the code was being rewritten for v4.0, I figured I'd leave it for a future version.

Plus, if you really want commandline access right now, you just need open commandprompt/terminal and type:
    Code:
    novacom -t open tty://

That's a side effect of an issue affecting Mac and Linux users specifically, that I've tried to avoid but had no luck. Thankfully, the issue is gonna be gone with webOS 2.x, so you guy hopefully won't have to live with it too long.

A few tips for those with developer mode who can't connect still:
    Go StartMenu->Run...->"services.msc" then find "palm novacom" in the list, right click and choose restart. If "palm novacom" isn't found, then it sounds like you really didn't have novacom installed.

Alternatively, you can go to Add/Remove Programs. Look for "Palm Novacom" then uninstall it. Then use WOSQI to reinstall it.

Oh, and you may need to reboot your computer after installing the driver

Correct. Sorry I forgot to mention it in the first post. But yea, the current public Linux Novacom drivers don't support webOS 2.0, but it's highly likely Palm will release 2.0 drivers eventually.
    A few tips for those with developer mode who can't connect still:
    Go StartMenu->Run...->"services.msc" then find "palm novacom" in the list, right click and choose restart. If "palm novacom" isn't found, then it sounds like you really didn't have novacom installed.

Alternatively, you can go to Add/Remove Programs. Look for "Palm Novacom" then uninstall it. Then use WOSQI to reinstall it.

Oh, and you may need to reboot your computer after installing the driver

---------

I followed these steps but it won't recognize my Veer. I am using Windows XP SP3 if that makes any difference.

Any other suggestions?
    it worked for some reason. thanks to all.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Okay so I am a bit new to this all and have a TouchPad with the latest O/S and Windows 7, but for some reason even with the install of the application and verification that palm novacom is operational. The system still can't find my pad. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by andhanni View Post
    Okay so I am a bit new to this all and have a TouchPad with the latest O/S and Windows 7, but for some reason even with the install of the application and verification that palm novacom is operational. The system still can't find my pad. Any ideas?
    Did you enable Developer mode on the TouchPad? Did you select Cancel / Close on the window that popped up on the TouchPad when you connected the USB cable?
    Wonderfull app
    i have a cn.pinyin.json which is in UTF-8 but with lots of Chinese characters inside. i'm not sure what cause the issue but after patching with WQI, the newly generated file is corrupted

what did is:
    on the devel PC:
    $ md5sum cn.pinyin.json
    7bf54b738c1b2387af612741ba2b9ab7 *cn.pinyin.json
    $ mv cn.pinyin.json /tmp/
    $ cd /tmp/
    $ diff -u /dev/null /tmp/cn.pinyin.json > test.patch
    install test.patch with WQI and ssh into
    # cd /tmp/
    $ md5sum cn.pinyin.json
    f46b68a44f65c99b0b83ba3e5bb6ef0b cn.pinyin.json
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Originally Posted by gregp View Post

Thanks,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by rperalta View Post
    Restart your Veer, then run WOSQI again.

To restart: Press power button about4 seconds, select Power, select Restart)
    Thanks for your reply, but please re-read my problem report. I stated I had already restarted the Veer, as well as doing an Erase Apps and Data. So restarting definitely does not work.