Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    WOSQI 4.3.1 would open when installed on either a Win7 or XP machine, but neither would complete app installations. Finally, I found joy using WOSQI 3.14 on the XP machine.
  2.    #922  
    Quote Originally Posted by RRaburn View Post
    WOSQI 4.3.1 would open when installed on either a Win7 or XP machine, but neither would complete app installations. Finally, I found joy using WOSQI 3.14 on the XP machine.
    I highly recommend against using 3.14 as it installs packages in an outdated, potentially dangerous manner. Look previous through this thread as I documented when i experience the freezing issue and detailed what i did to fix it. Moreover, I included that specific problem in my interactive problem troubleshooter in my WOSQI Homebrew Guide. http://bit.ly/wosqi-guide
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    this is bull****...tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but WOSQI cant detect my touchpad...none of the previous advices have helped

edit: downloaded the universalnovacominstaller and it did the job...funny that the developers advice didnt help but some1 elses did lmao
    Last edited by King23James; 10/28/2011 at 11:49 PM.
    Way to make yourself loved mate.

BTW it's the developer that wrote the universal Novacom drivers and WOSQI both.

Oh, and if you had popped the 99 cents to buy the WOSQI Homebrew guide, you have gotten all the answers including the universal drivers.

Jerk.
    m-h-k likes this.
    will not let me in stall webosquickinstall
    I put on and it removes it.
    i am not to good at this but looks easy but it dont work.Ray
    Hi, perhaps someone can suggest something else to try. I am trying to homebrew my Touchpad, which is running 3.0.4, using my dated Windows XP laptop. WOSQI never detects the device, have reinstalled Novacomm and Universal installed it, neither method does the trick. I am in developer mode, and cancel @ the USB connection, I have tried the troubleshooting steps, restarted and retried dozens of times. I tried all three USB ports, although it's possible none of them are "powered" as this is an older laptop.

Not sure if this is relevant/related to the problem but when disconnecting while in USB mode, I get the Ouch! message regardless of whether it is disconnected first from the computer. This was the case with my old desktop as well as this laptop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by adamreis; 11/02/2011 at 12:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by adamreis View Post
    Hi, perhaps someone can suggest something else to try. I am trying to homebrew my Touchpad, which is running 3.0.4, using my dated Windows XP laptop. WOSQI never detects the device, have reinstalled Novacomm and Universal installed it, neither method does the trick. I am in developer mode, and cancel @ the USB connection, I have tried the troubleshooting steps, restarted and retried dozens of times. I tried all three USB ports, although it's possible none of them are "powered" as this is an older laptop.

Not sure if this is relevant/related to the problem but when disconnecting while in USB mode, regardless of whether it is disconnected first from the computer. This was the case with my old desktop as well as this laptop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    1. Download Virtualbox (http://download.virtualbox.org/virtu...-74291-Win.exe). Install it
    2. Download Ubuntu 10.1 (670M)
    3. Run Virtualbox and create a virtual machine. Install the Ubuntu ISO on this machine.
    4. Connect your Touchpad and on VirtualBox make it available to the Virtual machine (you might have to download "Guest Additions" for VirtualBox to do that I am not sure.
    5. From within Ubuntu at the Virtual Machine, run WOSQI and let it install the drivers on the virtual machine.

You should not have any problem, that's how I did it from my Fedora Linux 15 machine.
    I have tried to use WebOS Quick Install v4.3.1 on my HP TrouchPad but when I launch it it says there are no devices connected. I have all the correct versions of all the software but it just can't get past this step. Also, when I plug in my HP TouchPad I get the choices of "USB Drive" or "Close". The option of "just charge" does no come up.
    Any ideas as to how to get WebOS Quick Install to see my pad. If I use "USB Drive" I can move files back and forth just like a hard drive.
    Windows 2000 # Novacom <--> TouchPad...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wishing to get my Win2K (Service pack 4) IBM T30 Thinkpad to recognise TouchPad, as important mobile backup for WOSQI/Doctor/Preware etc.

Already have HPTP running fine through WinXP desktop. Preware etc installed. But Windows 2000 is giving me trouble!

Have installed latest WOSQI + Novacom + Java (and removed old Java versions) on Win2k machine.

Dev Mode: 'On'.

2K Device Manager recognises 'HP webOS-device USB Device' under Disc Drives and asks for a driver for "? webOS-device" in 'Found New Hardware'.
    No 'Palm Novacom Module' listed.

Temp disabled Firewall & AV.

'Novacomd' visible in Add/Remove Programs.

Nothing 'Palm' or 'Novacom' visible in 'Services'.

WOSQI not recognising TouchPad..

Been around in a few circles with this on two different machines with different versions of Java, Novacom and WOSQI.. and would now REALLY appreciate any hints!
    Is it 'Java' not hitting into Win 2000 'Services'?

Thank you!

TP 32Gb F4 3.0.4.
    @Mutoidi I think Win2K is the problem. I don't think Novacom is compatible with anything pre-XP. Win2K is just Windows NT with the updated GUI & a real different critter under the skin than later versions. Have you tried using a VM?
    Quote Originally Posted by VetteGTO View Post
    I have tried to use WebOS Quick Install v4.3.1 on my HP TrouchPad but when I launch it it says there are no devices connected. I have all the correct versions of all the software but it just can't get past this step. Also, when I plug in my HP TouchPad I get the choices of "USB Drive" or "Close". The option of "just charge" does no come up.
    Any ideas as to how to get WebOS Quick Install to see my pad. If I use "USB Drive" I can move files back and forth just like a hard drive.
    On the TouchPad, Close is what you want to select. It's the same as Just Charge on the phones, HP just tried to confuse us by changing the label
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    @Mutoidi I think Win2K is the problem. I don't think Novacom is compatible with anything pre-XP. Win2K is just Windows NT with the updated GUI & a real different critter under the skin than later versions. Have you tried using a VM?
    Aaahh..! Thank you!
    Nowhere was this made totally clear to me in the postings/threads here.. just: 'Features: Cross-platform support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux)'.. etc!
    I must assume that Jason's 'Thanks' here, confirms this 'oversight'.. and thus saves him responding to my recent PM regarding this Win2K installation!

So it's: 'WOSNI' (that's 'Non' Install!) V.4.3.1 - in this case then!

OK.. I had simply 'assumed' 2K similar enough to XP to at least register the Novacom Driver/Service etc!

(However 'Palm TCP Relay' Service installed OK with the 3.0.4 SDK/PDK).

I will look into the VM possibility now too though.

Presumably 'Doctoring' is still fully functional from Win2K 'in emergency'?

Thanks again.. I had no wish to resort to laptop-violence!
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/03/2011 at 09:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Way to make yourself loved mate.

BTW it's the developer that wrote the universal Novacom drivers and WOSQI both.

Oh, and if you had popped the 99 cents to buy the WOSQI Homebrew guide, you have gotten all the answers including the universal drivers.

Jerk.
    I am not surprised by his response. After all, his screen name is King James!

Edit: My first post in more than 4 years!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Running 4.3.1 and the only tab that has any tweaks is Themes. None of the other tabs (though displayed) has any programs listed. Someone else I know has this issue. Any guesses? Thanks!!

Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by moorek View Post
    Running 4.3.1 and the only tab that has any tweaks is Themes. None of the other tabs (though displayed) has any programs listed. Someone else I know has this issue. Any guesses? Thanks!!

Kevin

Hi Moorek,

I have the same issue as you and was about to post here asking for help. Also with my issue, Internalz was having error message so I removed it and try to reinstall it again from preware. However, I can't find anything from preware so I remove preware and was going to reinstall it through webos quick install but the only tab that show anything is the Themes tab. Everything else said "No Packages Found".

Weird, could not locate Preware on there, nor could I locate Filemgr...seemed to be missing a lot of apps and patches as well.

Edit: Was able to install Preware using the old file and updating to 1.85. However, everytime preware start there's an error with feeds, as a result, could not get some of the apps and package.
    Last edited by monkeyking; 11/05/2011 at 04:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moorek View Post

Kevin
    Same Issue here. Nothing there except themes
  17.    #937  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhauer View Post
    Same Issue here. Nothing there except themes
    that happens when your computer fails to download feeds from ipkg.preware.org
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Thank you. How do i resolve the issue.

I am using a PrePlus. I had just received a reburbished one from Verizon ( my 4th but they refuse to upgrade me to a 2). I installed everything without a problem and was in the process of downloading some programs and patches when my computer crashed.

Now anytime I try to use Preware, there is nothing there except the Themes.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by rhauer; 11/08/2011 at 09:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Silly question - did you enable Developer Mode on the TouchPad? When you connect the TouchPad via USB, did you select cancel & not USB?
    haha, i just forgot to enable Dev. Mode on the TP.

Thanks for your tip.
    today I purchased webosqi from the HP app store. I am super pleased. Thanks Jason it made doing patches and some other fun things for my HP TouchPad very painless.
    I installed the .jar on a old machine of mine running XP SP3 only hitch I had was telling Macfee virus checker to allow it to run, after that it was painless

Thanks again for a super app.