Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    I've tried everything I've read here and in the troubleshooting guide. Both QuickInstall and Preware Installer say that they cannot connect to the Touchpad.

Windows 7 64-bit, Brand new TP running 3.0.4. Novacom drivers will not run, even when I try to start them in services.msc. Get Error 193: 0xc1 when I try to do that. I've even tried creating a log, and it comes up blank.
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_laser View Post
    I've tried everything I've read here and in the troubleshooting guide. Both QuickInstall and Preware Installer say that they cannot connect to the Touchpad.

Windows 7 64-bit, Brand new TP running 3.0.4. Novacom drivers will not run, even when I try to start them in services.msc. Get Error 193: 0xc1 when I try to do that. I've even tried creating a log, and it comes up blank.
    Silly question - did you enable Developer Mode on the TouchPad? When you connect the TouchPad via USB, did you select cancel & not USB?
    Yep. Even went back and double-checked multiple times. Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers with every tool I could find. Tried anyway to get preware installed, but it won't connect to my computer or start the novacom drivers, it seems. I'm going to try my fiancee's mac when she gets home, to see if its just my PC.

*Edit: was able to get it to work using the mac. Must have been an issue with windows.
    Last edited by rob_laser; 10/19/2011 at 09:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lz1234 View Post
    I'm able to run WOSQI and also able to get packages. But when I try to install Preware, the small dialog just showing installing forever. My touchpad is in Develop Mode and my PC can also see the TP w/o any problem. I have tried to disable Windows Firewall, but it didn't help. Rebooting TP & PC won't help either. What did I miss?

I'm using a Windows 7 64 bit PC. My touchpad has the latest 3.02 and it's 32G version. Thanks.
    I have the exact same problem but with the new 3.0.4 77 build. The touchpad is detected, everything seems to roll in but the "install" loop forever. I just updated my java to 1.6.0_29 - no luck.

*Fix* Humm.. Managed to get preware installed while the device is booting. Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_laser View Post
    Yep. Even went back and double-checked multiple times. Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers with every tool I could find. Tried anyway to get preware installed, but it won't connect to my computer or start the novacom drivers, it seems. I'm going to try my fiancee's mac when she gets home, to see if its just my PC.

*Edit: was able to get it to work using the mac. Must have been an issue with windows.
    One thing you might want to try - with the TouchPad disconnected, open Task Manager on the PC, select processes tab, select & end any novacom processes. Try to connect again.
    I searched for this but did not find the answer, so I apologize if I may be repeating an already answered question. I have a PC, I am running windows XP. I have installed the homebrew app, updated JAva, switched my "HP Touchpad" to developer mode bedore I connected it to my computer. I have downloaded "webOS quickinstall," basically followed all the steps to installing the Novacom driver but then I am getting the message "There are no devices currently connected" I am stuck and cannot figure out a solution. Please help.
    I finally gave up on WOSQI as it refused to work on my computer, they just didn't get along & nothing I tried worked. Frustrating
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon9280 View Post
    I searched for this but did not find the answer, so I apologize if I may be repeating an already answered question. I have a PC, I am running windows XP. I have installed the homebrew app, updated JAva, switched my "HP Touchpad" to developer mode bedore I connected it to my computer. I have downloaded "webOS quickinstall," basically followed all the steps to installing the Novacom driver but then I am getting the message "There are no devices currently connected" I am stuck and cannot figure out a solution. Please help.
    i'll ask just in case:
    did you uninstall novacom and install it after reboot or did you just reinstall it with Webos quick install?
    i had the same problem, reinstalling was useless. then i did clean install. success.
    Just trying to install on my wife's new Veer and Quick Install said her phone was not connected. I uninstalled Novacom and reinstalled as noted above and it still would not recognize the Veer. I had no problems on my Pre 2 a few months ago with the same PC. Only difference is I updated Quick Install to 4.3.1 version from 4.2.3.

Any advice?
    Palm III>Palm IIIC>Treo 650>Treo 750>Palm Pre>TouchPad & Pre 2 Galaxy S4 & iPad 4 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I finally gave up on WOSQI as it refused to work on my computer, they just didn't get along & nothing I tried worked. Frustrating
    Runaround: Install VirtualBox from Oracle, Install Ubuntu in that virtual system. Attach the USB to the Virtual Machine and run WOSQI from within that virutal mode.

I run Fedora at home, and I am being too lazy lately to sit down and figure out how to install the drivers under Fedora (I am sure it must be easy, but as I said, I am being quite lazy about it lately). Therefore I run a Ubuntu in a virtual machine and after I attach my phone to the USB port, I make it available to the virtual machine. Ubuntu recognizes it without problem and installs the drivers on the virtual machine and I can run WOSQI without problem.
    BTW, it runs very fast, even when I had a Pentium Dual Core E5200 which did not have any especial virtualization command.

Try it out.

JP
    Quote Originally Posted by MDK95 View Post
    this is too sick!! although i have been encountering a problem, whenever i download a theme it actually doesnt work properly on my phone (hp pre 3), after restarting only a few icons will actually look different, the background picture looks like it's cut into four different parts and the heading of the phone (where the battery, signal etc. icon's are) still looks the same as well,is this a problem with my phone? please help!
    Nope. Same thing happened to me. I ended up writing my own wall paper and I plan to study carefully how to make a theme. I do not think there are that many PRE3 specific themes. Remember that from Pre2 to Pre3 the screen size changed and it changes everything themewise.

JP
    Dear fellas, can't see in this thread about using Quick Install in the HP Veer 4G.
    I need to install some Apps that doesn't appear in HP App Catalog, like IM+ and VG emulator's.
    Please, pardon, but how can I use it ?
    I've tried but cant work. Shows message: "There are no devices currently connected. Please connect a device to continue"
    My OS is Win 7 Ultimate.

It's doesn't compatible?

Thank you! William

Edit: It's only restart the phone.
    Last edited by obsessor; 10/24/2011 at 01:26 AM.
    I downloaded the Quick Install program to my laptop. I then downloaded the Kindle Import program to the laptop. I launched the Quick Install program, then drug the Kindle Import program there and clicked install. It doesn't recognize my device (HP Touchpad) although I can see the files that are on the Touchpad, so that would indicate that the device is hooked up properly. This is my first attempt at installing one of your aps. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank You
    Quote Originally Posted by jnkbox@hotmail.com View Post
    I downloaded the Quick Install program to my laptop. I then downloaded the Kindle Import program to the laptop. I launched the Quick Install program, then drug the Kindle Import program there and clicked install. It doesn't recognize my device (HP Touchpad) although I can see the files that are on the Touchpad, so that would indicate that the device is hooked up properly. This is my first attempt at installing one of your aps. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank You
    Some quick thoughts…

* Is your Touchpad in developer mode?
    * Please make sure that when you connect the USB you select “Cancel” (or “Just Charge”) on the Touchpad. Do not select the USB Drive option.
    * Have you installed Preware on the Touchpad (using webOS Quick Install)?

Some more details here:
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by alex80386 View Post
    Some quick thoughts…

* Is your Touchpad in developer mode?
    * Please make sure that when you connect the USB you select “Cancel” (or “Just Charge”) on the Touchpad. Do not select the USB Drive option.
    * Have you installed Preware on the Touchpad (using webOS Quick Install)?

Some more details here:
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    OK, I got it in "developer" mode, but I'm still getting "no device found". I did hit cancel so it would not be in "USB" mode. Is Preware the same as Webos Quick Installer? Please help
    OK, I got it in "developer" mode, but I'm still getting "no device found". I did hit cancel so it would not be in "USB" mode. Is Preware the same as Webos Quick Installer? Please help
    WebOS Quick Install runs on your pc (or Mac etc).
    Preware is an installer program that runs on your Touchpad (or other webos device).

There is more than one way to install Preware, but they all involve connecting via the USB cable (at least the first time you install preware).

So you are in the developer mode and you have the webos device connected to your pc?
    You have started WebOS Quick Installer - you are using version 4.3.1 aren't you?
    But you can't see the Touchpad?

See the screenshot attached where it says "Device: HP TouchPad".

If your one doesn't show this, but you are in developer mode, then the next step would be to install/re-install novacom drivers. Novacom provides the drivers needed to "talk" to the webos device and also gives you a command line program called novaterm.

There should be a menu option in WebOS Quick Install that lets you install/re-install novacom.
    Or you can use the Universal Novacom Installer from here:
    universal-novacom-installer - Universal Novacom Installer - Google Project Hosting

Install/re-install novacom and try again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by alex80386; 10/25/2011 at 06:30 PM.
    Downloaded Preware and Quick Install does not recognize .exe files. I attempted to install Preware and I get this:

No devices have been found.

*** Things to try ***
    *** Disable your firewall and try again.

*** Ensure your Pre is connected and running in DEV mode. (webos20090606)

*** Check Palm Pre is connected in 'Just Charge' mode.

*** Restart the Novacom Service. (Tools Menu>Restart Novacom Service...)

*** Disconnect your Palm Pre and restart your computer, connect your Palm Pre back to the computer and wait for it to say charging then try again.

If you continue to recieve errors post %temp%\Installer.log to forums.precentral.net

I tried disabling the fire wall and reconnecting the Touchpad, but nothing works.

Please advise Thank You
  18.    #918  
    Downloaded Preware and Quick Install does not recognize .exe files. I attempted to install Preware and I get this:

No devices have been found.

*** Things to try ***
    *** Disable your firewall and try again.

*** Ensure your Pre is connected and running in DEV mode. (webos20090606)

*** Check Palm Pre is connected in 'Just Charge' mode.

*** Restart the Novacom Service. (Tools Menu>Restart Novacom Service...)

*** Disconnect your Palm Pre and restart your computer, connect your Palm Pre back to the computer and wait for it to say charging then try again.

If you continue to recieve errors post %temp%\Installer.log to forums.precentral.net

I tried disabling the fire wall and reconnecting the Touchpad, but nothing works.

Please advise Thank You
    That error is from the Preware Standalone installer, which is completely separate from WOSQI. Using WOSQI, you do not need it to install Preware; just search for Preware in WOSQI's feed viewer and hit the install button. There are zero exe files involved
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  19.    #919  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex80386 View Post
    There should be a menu option in WebOS Quick Install that lets you install/re-install novacom.
    There is. If no devices are detected, the option is in the error popup messagebox. If you make it into WOSQI, the option if in the File menu.

And to the rest of you people having problems getting your devices detected, I highly encourage you to check out http://bit.ly/wosqi-guide as there's step-by-step guides, an interactive troubleshooting guide, and what to do if you still have problems after all that (which helps me quicker identify problems/solutions).

Alternatively, browse previous pages; nearly all the solutions/tips in my WOSQI Homebrew Guide app can been found scattered throughout the forums; my app just centralizes it better.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    That error is from the Preware Standalone installer, which is completely separate from WOSQI. Using WOSQI, you do not need it to install Preware; just search for Preware in WOSQI's feed viewer and hit the install button. There are zero exe files involved
    Success. Thanks for all of your help. The problem was I had the wrong version of Webos Quick Install and the wrong version of Novacom. This site is somewhat confusing as to where you get the proper downloads. I was able to install the Kindle Importer. Can't get it to work yet, but working on it.