Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    I just finished the Sprint Franken Pre 2 (unlocked) procedure and I was able to install Sprin Navigation, but I can't install...Preware!

I get the "No Packages Found" error in WebOsQuickInstall 3.14, 4.2.3, and 4.3.1. What's up with that? Why doesn't good 'ol Preware show up for installation?! I reinstalled novacom, and opened and closed WOSQI several times and no Preware. Go figure. I on a Windows 7 PC and the Pre 2 is in Developer mode and I want to do the Save/Restore procedure next.

Anyone have a clue about this?! Thanks!

Edit: I should note that, when trying 3.14, is actually does show up, but after I download it and then hit "install," I get an error. On both of the later versions, Preware doesn't even show up.

Edit: Oops! Oh, boy, do I feel STUPID! Of course I don't see it--I already have it. Duh on me.

The reason I was looking for it was to verify I was using the right version and that it worked etc. before I took the new Touchpad over to my brothers'. Nevermind!
    Last edited by Pre in MN; 09/27/2011 at 07:36 PM.
    Hi Jason ...

First small donation ...
    more coming soon ...

Keep going this great job !!!

Brazilian Hugs

Gerson
    I searched the preware and all applications in the Webos Quick Install program screen for the F15C Eagle Kernal
    Where could it be?
    Quote Originally Posted by barrettr33 View Post
    I searched the preware and all applications in the Webos Quick Install program screen for the F15C Eagle Kernal
    Where could it be?
    http://en.webos-internals.org/wiki/Testing_Feeds
    I'm having trouble installing Quick install on my Pre 2. I'm not sure what the issue is (I'm doing the same thing I did when I installed in on my TP and original Pre) but it seems to be getting hung up for some reason. After I push install is starts loading files then gets caught on org.webosinternals.preware_1.8.3_arm.ipk. When I installed it previously I thought it only took a minute or 2 but I have now tried to intall it on my Pre 2 and each time I try it gets caught. After 10-15 minutes, I have been unplugging the phone because it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Should I just leave it for longer or is something wrong?

I am going on a golf trip in a couple of days and wanted to install the GPS fix app in hopes that the golf GPS app I want to buy will work efficiently. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I just received my touchpad yesterday and was excited to install Preware right away only to find that the Quick Install isn't working! I clicked the Globe button and tried to search for Preware under "applications", but every single tab just shows "No Packages Found", except for the Themes tab. Did I do something incorrectly?

Please help and thanks in advance!
    I successfully installed the webos doctor. I am running windows xp, Java updated to 6.27 it tests out on the java tests. I am in developers mode. but the progam will not run.
    Also have the pad in regular mode not mass storage. I have uninstalled Java 2 times and redownloaded each time with no errors. I did have older versions at the beginning but i uninstalled them and reinstalled newest version as well as redownloaded the webos quick install.

Am I missing something?

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!
    I hope someone can help. Unable to install 4.3.1 on my TouchPad. Getting the same errors as everyone else, it fails to install the Novacom driver. So I tried the standalone Novacom driver install. No luck. Did a full erase (lost my photos by the way), then a restore and still no luck. Downloaded webOS Doctor and IT won't install either. I get the attached error. Latest version of Java is installed, running W XP SP3. This is a fairly new install. Have attempted both 4.3.1 and Doctor on two different XP computers (work and home). Can't find just the Novacom driver install for PC anywhere. No Palm services running. Got to be something obvious, but not to me. Hardly a novice; been in the PC industry more than 20 years. But this has got me beat. Thanks in advance to the wizard who knows the solution here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by AK Max View Post
    I hope someone can help. Unable to install 4.3.1 on my TouchPad. Getting the same errors as everyone else, it fails to install the Novacom driver. So I tried the standalone Novacom driver install. No luck. Did a full erase (lost my photos by the way), then a restore and still no luck. Downloaded webOS Doctor and IT won't install either. I get the attached error. Latest version of Java is installed, running W XP SP3. This is a fairly new install. Have attempted both 4.3.1 and Doctor on two different XP computers (work and home). Can't find just the Novacom driver install for PC anywhere. No Palm services running. Got to be something obvious, but not to me. Hardly a novice; been in the PC industry more than 20 years. But this has got me beat. Thanks in advance to the wizard who knows the solution here.
    Have you tried Jason's WOSQI Homebrew Guide? It is in the App Catalog and has the most complete, up-to-date information on installing and troubleshooting WebOS Quick Install. See more info on this here.
    I'm trying to installing webOS quick install to get fb chat on my HP touchpad. However, I get the mesh "can't open MIME file" is there a way to fix this? Thanks.
  11.    #871  
    Quote Originally Posted by wigglebumsmommy View Post
    I'm trying to installing webOS quick install to get fb chat on my HP touchpad. However, I get the mesh "can't open MIME file" is there a way to fix this? Thanks.
    Open it on your computer, not on the Touchpad
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I see 44 screens of chatting about WOSQI. Where is the actual file?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    Have you tried Jason's WOSQI Homebrew Guide? It is in the App Catalog and has the most complete, up-to-date information on installing and troubleshooting WebOS Quick Install. See more info on this here.
    Thanks MortiseMaker...you totally and completely ROCK! I purchased and installed Jason's guide, got the driver and I'm off to the races...installing Preware as I type. Many many thanks and if you ever make it this far north, I'm takin' you King Salmon fishing! Fish on baby!
  14.    #874  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinback View Post
    I see 44 screens of chatting about WOSQI. Where is the actual file?
    The link is bolded in large text in first post. You may need to do have 5 or 10 posts to see it (PreCentral restriction, not mine)
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Is there a way to get more verbose information about the installation of an ipk file? QuickInstall get's stuck at "installing", no error or anything, it just going and going and going, ... Preware won't install files from my ipg either so it's probably a problem with my phone, but without any information what's wrong, i can't really do anyting :-/
    Used JRs WOSQI Guide, tried all troubleshooting options, except manually installing novacom drivers...not sure how? no .inf file?

Using WASQI 4.3.1 on XP machine, everytime I reinstall novacom drivers it says successful but still never recognizes the Touchpad (in dev mode). Have tried every USB port on computer.

Looking for help.
    Quote Originally Posted by calpolykc View Post
    Used JRs WOSQI Guide, tried all troubleshooting options, except manually installing novacom drivers...not sure how? no .inf file?

Using WASQI 4.3.1 on XP machine, everytime I reinstall novacom drivers it says successful but still never recognizes the Touchpad (in dev mode). Have tried every USB port on computer.

Looking for help.
    Check to see if it's a firewall problem and, if you have one, disable it and start over (you may want to restart everything etc.). Good luck!
    Started the latest version, got the driver installed. Any app that I try to install to the 32 GB touchpad just sits there clocking and does nothing as far as I can tell. Any suggestions???
    Quote Originally Posted by slickpitt View Post
    Started the latest version, got the driver installed. Any app that I try to install to the 32 GB touchpad just sits there clocking and does nothing as far as I can tell. Any suggestions???
    Same with me. Im running webOC 3.0.2 and apps never install.

Edit: Fixed the issue. I didnt hit Close/Cancel when the USB prompt came up after plugging in the touchpad
    Last edited by patocox; 10/04/2011 at 10:27 AM.
    Hi,
    New to this site and a bit of a tech numpty so please bear with me.
    I have an HP Pre3.
    I am in the process of installing preware after purchasing both the Preware Homebrew Documentation and WOSQI Homebrew Guide apps from the app catalog to support the developers.
    After opening up Webos quick install, my Pre 3 is listed in drop down box but when pressing the 'globe' button I get the 'error: feed loading failed' message.
    I realise from the troubleshooting section that this could be to do with webos quick install not connecting to the internet but am unsure how to correct the problem.
    I have AVG internet security 2011 running if that is relevant.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks

P.S. I'm running windows 7
    Last edited by crop95; 10/03/2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: More info