Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Still got the same problem I have for a few months now.
    On my old WinXP Laptop it works fine.
    On all my Win7 64bit devices WOSQI does not work.
    My device: Palm Pre Plus with Doc. to 2.1 - works fine.

Novacom is installed and fine (according to device manager). Java is installed and fine (other java apps work fine, so java is working). I have the device connected "just charge", DevMode (tried both on and off - doesn't change anything), device is nice and fine.

On the PC I am logged in with admin privileges.

Problem: when I start Quickinstall, the green splashscreen shows for a few seconds and then it vanishes again. Thats it. No quickinstall, no errormessages, no nothing. Not even the eventlog shows something.

I reported the problem here a few times, I PMed Jason a while ago.
    Sadly, there seems no solution.
    Problem can be reproduced on three Win7 64 bit computers.
    On my old WinXP computer WOSQI works fine - with the same Palm Pre Plus.

ps: Java is 1.6.25

I really get frustrated with this...
    Yes same problem occurring for me. Works with no problems on my vista laptop but when trying to open it on my 64bit win7 laptop a quick command window flashes and then nothing.
    Using a Touchpad and Mac OS Lion:

In installed a theme called "A Glass Whoo" using Web OS Quick Install. It doesn't work with the Touchpad, and I need to get it off there. In Preware on the Touchpad, it shows up under Installed Packages--Unknown. I can't uninstall it from there. If I click the Install button, nothing happens.

If I try to locate the theme in Web OS Quick Install, it no longer shows up under Themes--All. How can I get this theme off my Touchpad? Thanks for any help.

Dana
    Sorry, I just found the solution, yay!
    I am running Ubuntu 10.04, I have followed the install page from beginning to end and the jar file will not open correctly. I assumed this was java, i have installed java over and over again through terminal, updated, still it will not open and install
    help
    Me the Tree
    re:821 Phone was crocked. Now uncrocked: all is well.
    What I get when trying to use WebOSQI 4.3.1 is: "ERROR: Feed loading failed".
    So no way to install anything using WebOSQI..
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
  7. xpl
    worked great! thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelcu View Post
    I have the same problem. Was wondering if anyone could help, thanks.
  9.    #849  
    Quote Originally Posted by tekis View Post
    GOT IT!!

Whew...
    what was the solution to your issue?

Quote Originally Posted by dhigbee View Post
    Sorry, I just found the solution, yay!
    For the record (and other users in similar situations), what was your solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelcu View Post
    As plainly noted in the official WOSQI Homebrew Guide, that probably means your router or firewall (or even corporate proxy) is preventing internet access.

And to everyone else having issues, once again, I highly recommend checking out WOSQI Homebrew Guide on the App Catalog. It's the most comprehensive guide to WOSQI anywhere, includes step-by-step tutorials, and features an interactive problem troubleshooter.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    For the No Device Found on my HP TouchPad - I found the solution through Google and of course it was in PreCentral.

Using USBDeviceView I was able to turn the Palm USB "on".

I also used PuffTheMagic NovaCom Driver Installer.

This is the only thing that worked for my Windows 7 64 bit system.
  11.    #851  
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    For the No Device Found on my HP TouchPad - I found the solution through Google and of course it was in PreCentral.

Using USBDeviceView I was able to turn the Palm USB "on".
    I believe uninstalling/reinstalling the Novacom driver should produce similar results.

Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    I also used PuffTheMagic NovaCom Driver Installer.
    Just be aware I cannot officially support that program. Nothing personal, just that I can only provide support for software I have control of and am knowledgeable of on a deeper level. Which is why I recommend using my http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v1-2-1-a.html or even just installing the standalone drivers HP provides at the bottom of this page: Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Ii have web os quick install v4.3.1 and the latest novacom driver downloaded. When i try to launch the quick install, it just redownloads. HELP!
    <<threads merged>>
    Umm, when I downloaded and ran the WebOsQuickinstall program it launched my Nokia OVI suite.

How do I get around that?
    Global Posts
    668 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kenth32 View Post
    Umm, when I downloaded and ran the WebOsQuickinstall program it launched my Nokia OVI suite.

i get the same thing - im trying to ask win7 (64bit) to look for javaw.exe but when i try to open it i get an error that says "could not find the main class"
    anyone help?
    Global Posts
    668 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kenth32 View Post

OK - i answered my own question...isnt it lovely what a google search and 10 mins will do?

try using jarfix - it can be found from here... it will re-associate .jar files with the javaw.exe file..
    i did try to do it manually but it wouldnt work and found that jarfix solution worked for me...
    Super.
    Thank you.
  18.    #858  
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewulf70 View Post
    OK - i answered my own question...isnt it lovely what a google search and 10 mins will do?

try using jarfix - it can be found from here... it will re-associate .jar files with the javaw.exe file..
    i did try to do it manually but it wouldnt work and found that jarfix solution worked for me...
    I'll look into jarfix and probably add it to the problem troubleshooter in the WOSQI Homebrew Guide app for its next update. Thanks for mentioning it

I am trying to install Uberkernel. I just got my touchpad last week and installed Preware on it a few days later. I saw the kernels listed but didn't install one. Now I want to install Uberkernel to overclock but it isn't listed WOSQI anymore. No kernels are listed, even the stock Palm kernel. Any idea what's going on?
    I've been trying to run this on Linux (I've been successful on Win 7, just changing formats). Somehow, I'm not having it show up. Is there a Wiki on how to do this? Thanks -