Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 1336
Like Tree205Likes
  1. #821  
    Was using an old version (4.0.4)

    Using 4.3 the phone is picked up as Pre3 and preware is available.

    However, I get "file transfer failed" when I try to install.
  2.    #822  
    Here's a quick update, v4.3.1. Download link on 1st post of the thread.

    v4.3.1 - September 8, 2011
    - Fixed an issue with PreCentral feed ipk files not properly downloading
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3. #823  
    Jason: Thanks for all of your work. You can see my configuration a couple of posts ago. I tried this latest version, but I keep getting the above flag. I've shuffled my Java list back and forth from 32-bit to 64. Any ideas? Thanks!
  4.    #824  
    I'm happy to announce the release of WOSQI Homebrew Guy. It includes a unique interactive problem troubleshooter and even a built-in DevMode button in the Setup section.

    If anyone is just now reading this, wanting to take those first steps into the homebrew world, I highly recommend checking it out at http://bit.ly/wosqi-guide. I also recommend this guide for those having problems, as it is currently the largest organized collection of information on setting up and using WOSQI
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  5. #825  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here's a quick update, v4.3.1. Download link on 1st post of the thread.

    v4.3.1 - September 8, 2011
    - Fixed an issue with PreCentral feed ipk files not properly downloading
    Thanks Jason that WORKED!!
  6. #826  
    Windows Vista behind the work firewall; Pre3
    hit the globe button and get "File failed to load"

    Log:
    ca.canucksoftware.novacom.NovacomException: req:auth
    at ca.canucksoftware.novacom.NovacomCommand.run(NovacomCommand.java:82)
    ca.canucksoftware.novacom.NovacomException: req:auth
    at ca.canucksoftware.novacom.NovacomCommand.run(NovacomCommand.java:82)
    Downloading and parsing: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precentral/Packages.gz
    Failed to load feed: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precentral/Packages.gz
    Downloading and parsing: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...ll/Packages.gz
    Failed to load feed: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...ll/Packages.gz
    Downloading and parsing: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...v7/Packages.gz
    Failed to load feed: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...v7/Packages.gz
    Downloading and parsing: Index of /feeds/webos-patches/
    Failed to load feed: Index of /feeds/webos-patches/
    Downloading and parsing: Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/
    Failed to load feed: Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/
    Downloading and parsing: http://www.prethemer.com/feeds/prewa...es/Packages.gz
    Failed to load feed: http://www.prethemer.com/feeds/prewa...es/Packages.gz
    Downloading and parsing: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen...es/Packages.gz
    Failed to load feed: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen...es/Packages.gz
    Downloading and parsing: http://webos-clock-themer.googlecode...ed/Packages.gz
    Failed to load feed: http://webos-clock-themer.googlecode...ed/Packages.gz
  7. #827  
    Do I download this on my PC then plug in the touchpad?
  8. #828  
    Jason, any idea why WOSQI is mangling my patch when I try to install it?

    Some of the clock app files have Windows style CRLF line endings.

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...e-endings.html
  9.    #829  
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedByKnaves View Post
    Windows Vista behind the work firewall; Pre3
    hit the globe button and get "File failed to load"

    Log:
    ca.canucksoftware.novacom.NovacomException: req:auth
    at ca.canucksoftware.novacom.NovacomCommand.run(NovacomCommand.java:82)
    ca.canucksoftware.novacom.NovacomException: req:auth
    at ca.canucksoftware.novacom.NovacomCommand.run(NovacomCommand.java:82)
    Downloading and parsing: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precentral/Packages.gz
    Failed to load feed: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precentral/Packages.gz
    Downloading and parsing: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...ll/Packages.gz
    Failed to load feed: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...ll/Packages.gz
    Downloading and parsing: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...v7/Packages.gz
    Failed to load feed: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...v7/Packages.gz
    Downloading and parsing: Index of /feeds/webos-patches/
    Failed to load feed: Index of /feeds/webos-patches/
    Downloading and parsing: Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/
    Failed to load feed: Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/
    Downloading and parsing: http://www.prethemer.com/feeds/prewa...es/Packages.gz
    Failed to load feed: http://www.prethemer.com/feeds/prewa...es/Packages.gz
    Downloading and parsing: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen...es/Packages.gz
    Failed to load feed: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen...es/Packages.gz
    Downloading and parsing: http://webos-clock-themer.googlecode...ed/Packages.gz
    Failed to load feed: http://webos-clock-themer.googlecode...ed/Packages.gz
    In the future, it'd be appreciated if people could attach the .log file as an attachment to the post, rather than posting the contents. That said, I'm extremely glad you followed the logging directions from my WOSQI Homebrew Guide app. It looks as though you've setup a DevMode password for your Pre3. What version of WOSQI are you using? Make sure you're using the current version of WOSQI, as I recently fixed password-detection code.


    Quote Originally Posted by phuxford View Post
    Do I download this on my PC then plug in the touchpad?
    Correct. I highly recommend checking out http://bit.ly/wosqi-guide as it'll greatly simplify the setup/usage instructions for ya


    Quote Originally Posted by GyroJoe View Post
    Jason, any idea why WOSQI is mangling my patch when I try to install it?

    Some of the clock app files have Windows style CRLF line endings.

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...e-endings.html
    Because 99% of the time CRLF characters aren't used in webOS, or their conversion to LF doesn't affect the patch. And in most cases, users benefit, as frequently a misplaced CRLF will break a patch.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  10. #830  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    In the future, it'd be appreciated if people could attach the .log file as an attachment to the post, rather than posting the contents. That said, I'm extremely glad you followed the logging directions from my WOSQI Homebrew Guide app. It looks as though you've setup a DevMode password for your Pre3. What version of WOSQI are you using? Make sure you're using the current version of WOSQI, as I recently fixed password-detection code.



    Correct. I highly recommend checking out http://bit.ly/wosqi-guide as it'll greatly simplify the setup/usage instructions for ya



    Because 99% of the time CRLF characters aren't used in webOS, or their conversion to LF doesn't affect the patch. And in most cases, users benefit, as frequently a misplaced CRLF will break a patch.
    Ok, I went and got the app from HP. But the software still won't open up on my Mac.
    I am using a Jar Launcher as well. I have current Java and it's at the top of the list. The driver's installed. WOSQI says, "There are no devices currently connected. Please connect a device to continue." But my System Profiler says there's a webOS device hooked up on the usb bus...
    Last edited by tekis; 09/09/2011 at 02:09 PM.
  11.    #831  
    Quote Originally Posted by tekis View Post
    Ok, I went and got the app from HP. But the software still won't open up on my Mac.
    I am using a Jar Launcher as well. I have current Java and it's at the top of the list. The driver's installed. WOSQI says, "There are no devices currently connected. Please connect a device to continue." But my System Profiler says there's a webOS device hooked up on the usb bus...
    In the app, look at the problem troubleshooter. there's a whole section setup specifically for that error
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  12. #832  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    In the app, look at the problem troubleshooter. there's a whole section setup specifically for that error
    Yes, I've done everything suggested except get into the special logging mode.

    Has anyone been able to get this working with Mac/SnowLeopard and a VEER?

    Thanks!
    Last edited by tekis; 09/09/2011 at 03:23 PM.
    khiemera likes this.
  13. #833  
    Sorry, Jason. Congenital inability to read to the end of the instructions.I'm using 4.3.1.

    Now I'm back at home, the feeds are loading but I'm still getting file transfer failures when I try to install. How do I attach the log file? OK: I THINK that's done it: a bit of a faff.

    REALLY appreciate the support you are giving us.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14. grifter77's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #834  
    I installed the so and when it was done it would not launch. Just nothing... Installed using pre ware on my HP touchpad
  15. #835  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Because 99% of the time CRLF characters aren't used in webOS, or their conversion to LF doesn't affect the patch. And in most cases, users benefit, as frequently a misplaced CRLF will break a patch.
    Understandable - HP devs should stop editing their code in Windows
    What's the recommended way to apply such a patch? Build my own IPK?
  16. #836  
    Quote Originally Posted by tekis View Post
    Yes, I've done everything suggested except get into the special logging mode.

    Has anyone been able to get this working with Mac/SnowLeopard and a VEER?

    Thanks!
    GOT IT!!

    Whew...
  17. #837  
    Can't figure out how to install this on my HP Veer. I downloaded Quick Install then turned on dev mode on my veer. Then connected it to comp in "Just charge" mode via usb cable, and then opened Webos quick install and it says that it cannot locate my device. Can anybody please help me with this issue.
  18. #838  
    Quote Originally Posted by exodian1 View Post
    Can't figure out how to install this on my HP Veer. I downloaded Quick Install then turned on dev mode on my veer. Then connected it to comp in "Just charge" mode via usb cable, and then opened Webos quick install and it says that it cannot locate my device. Can anybody please help me with this issue.
    What computer are you using? I'm not great with this stuff, but I'll do my best.
  19. #839  
    I am having the same as other have mentioned, Click download WebOS Quick Install, click on run, a box pops up, shows "No device connected", can't go any further. Anyway around this problem? I'm using Windows XP, SP3.

    Thanks, DJ
  20. #840  
    Jason, I have followed your instructions to the tee, just cant get the preware file to transfer from PC to TP. TP in DEV Mode but file transfer keeps failing. Help

Similar Threads

  1. How to install Preware using WebOS Quick Install
    By larrymcj in forum Canuck Coding
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04/23/2012, 04:09 PM
  2. Can't install webOS quick install on Veer
    By gregp in forum Canuck Coding
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04/22/2012, 07:30 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10/16/2010, 02:35 PM
  4. Can't Install themes using webOS quick install
    By fictional in forum Canuck Coding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08/16/2010, 05:47 PM
  5. Ubuntu & webOS Quick install- where did the install put it?
    By Speedwagon in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11/01/2009, 08:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions