Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    Still got the same problem I have for a few months now.
    On my old WinXP Laptop it works fine.
    On all my Win7 64bit devices WOSQI does not work.
    My device: Palm Pre Plus with Doc. to 2.1 - works fine.

Novacom is installed and fine (according to device manager). Java is installed and fine (other java apps work fine, so java is working). I have the device connected "just charge", DevMode (tried both on and off - doesn't change anything), device is nice and fine.

On the PC I am logged in with admin privileges.

Problem: when I start Quickinstall, the green splashscreen shows for a few seconds and then it vanishes again. Thats it. No quickinstall, no errormessages, no nothing. Not even the eventlog shows something.

I reported the problem here a few times, I PMed Jason a while ago.
    Sadly, there seems no solution.
    Problem can be reproduced on three Win7 64 bit computers.
    On my old WinXP computer WOSQI works fine - with the same Palm Pre Plus.

ps: Java is 1.6.25

I really get frustrated with this...
    Last edited by Buddy1969; 09/05/2011 at 05:37 AM.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Recently erased and re-set apps to get another app working (Chapura Pocket Mirror) and used latest (4.2.3) WebOS Quick Install to reinstall preware. I get "File Transfer Failed" message when trying to install any app. Went back to a copy od an earlier version (4.0.4) and apps appear to install ok (but don't show on Pre) except Preware isn't listed with this version.

I have a password set on Developer Mode.

Any help appreciated or perhaps a pointer to a version earlier than 4.2.3 but with Preware.

I am running a Pre 3 with WebOS 2.2.0 and Windows 7 on a 32 bit PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    Have a friend who, with two computers that are basically on stock Windows 7 installs, consistently gets the freezing issue when WebOS Quick Install tries to identify the touchpad. Ending the novacom task immediately causes QI to unfreeze, but then of course it can't identify the touchpad. I was stumped at the time. He did have to install some work programs onto both computers...cisco, security software, etc. I'm betting either recent novacom drivers that are being downloaded have been changed/corrupted, or there are several programs that cause novacom to not work properly, which causes this freezing issue.

Update: Amazingly, while my touchpad works fine on any of his computers as well as mine, his crashes WebOS Quick Install on even my computer.
    My friend wanted to set up ubuntu chroot anyway, so we used the metadoctor on his touchpad. Afterward, webosquickinstall works and installs preware fine.

So if you're having the freezing issues and don't mind re-doctoring to fix it, it may work.
    Im having an issue where it says my device is not connected, try reinstalling novacom.
    I tried 5 times, i tried rebooting my devices, i tried reinstlling quick install, i tried going into windows xp and reseting the novacom under services, ive tried 2 touchpads and a pre minus yet NOTHing.

I have been able to do it with no issues for a month now but it has stopped.....

Any suggestions?

Sent from my EVO 3D
    hi there,,, win7 64 bit downloaded webos quick 4.2.3, used the program fine with my pre minus.. installed free tether fine,, went to use it on my tp a bit later, about an hour, and got the reinstall novacom drivers, did that, repeatedly. Not sure what to do, i deleted and redownloaded,, still the same thing. any help you can would be great.

edit,,,, still works fine with pre minus
    Last edited by xForsaken; 09/05/2011 at 06:03 PM.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Having problems installing preware on my Touchpad.
    Downloaded preware homebrew documentation.
    Verified JAVA
    installed novacom / reinstalled novacom.
    Touchpad in Developer mode.

When I connect the USB port I do not get the option for charge only, just USB drive or Close

On WebOS quick install I get "no devices currently connected" - reomstalled nova from this pop up again.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Help. It recognises my pre 3 and appears to install ipk files okay (got preware running) BUT my question is this. When I hit the red - button, should a list of all installed ipk file appear in the main window i.e so that I can unistall them??

Windows XP latest java
  8.    #808  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taigerr View Post
    Help. It recognises my pre 3 and appears to install ipk files okay (got preware running) BUT my question is this. When I hit the red - button, should a list of all installed ipk file appear in the main window i.e so that I can unistall them??

Windows XP latest java
    Red - button removes files from the install list, The green + adds files to the install list

And now I've got to good news for you guy. WebOS Quick Install v4.3.0 is here!

Download Here

v4.3.0 - September 6, 2011
    - Fixed issue with downloading .ipk files on redirected feed urls
    - Added support for non-standard Novacom driver locations
    - Improved DevMode password detection/support
    - Novacom drivers that get installed should now be Lion-compatible
    - Fixed an issue where novacom.exe would hang around in the background causing problems
    - Fixed issue affecting driver installation on Windows computers

Also, I'm excited to tell you that the official WOSQI Homebrew Guide will be released on the App Catalog in the next few days

If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I cant seem to get the new version to work. I can still get the old verision to not work. Last night I reinstalled Windows and Java and it still says that it doesnt see I have a device connected.

Any help please?
    It works on my mac now!!!! Thanks!!!
    I finally got it!!!
    I have tried everything above and webOSquickinstaller is still not recognizing my Touchpad. The following are my PC specs:

Java: Latest 32bit
    No firewall, etc
    Touchpad on DevMode, left the USB/Close option up when connected
    Opened QuickInstaller, installed Novacom drivers and left it at "no device attached"
    Hooked touchpad up and clicked ok, but didn't work. Rebooted PC, reinstalled Novacom drivers and still unable to recognize TP.

I double checked in "Services.msc" and noted that novacomd was not running, but when I clicked on "Start" it threw back error message "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

I tried to make a copy of novacom.exe in the subfolder novacomd\x86\ under programs but still didn't work.

Can anyone help/suggest how to fix this? Jason, any ideas? thanks!

Update: Have tried uninstalling everything and did a fresh install of v4.3.0 and now quick install just hangs at the start-up. Novacom.exe still can't start in services, and error 1053 still appears.

HELP!
    Last edited by khiemera; 09/07/2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Updates
    I managed to get this working on an older XP machine with SP2. No comodo firewall. It went smoothly. Got preware installed on the touchpad, things downloaded and overclocked.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Hi,

When I open the .jar file, OVI from Nokia starts If I choose right click > Run with... > Java it just briefly flashes a Console and closes..

Any ideas?

EDIT: Figured out how to start it, incase anyone else uses OVI.

1. Download the 64bit version of Java
    2. Go the Command prompt and type: java -jar WebOSQuickInstall-4.3.0.jar (note you should be in the folder where the .jar file is located)

So anyways, I can now start it but it just hangs at downloading novacom
    Last edited by lawks; 09/07/2011 at 10:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsss View Post
    Recently erased and re-set apps to get another app working (Chapura Pocket Mirror) and used latest (4.2.3) WebOS Quick Install to reinstall preware. I get "File Transfer Failed" message when trying to install any app. Went back to a copy od an earlier version (4.0.4) and apps appear to install ok (but don't show on Pre) except Preware isn't listed with this version.

I have a password set on Developer Mode.

Any help appreciated or perhaps a pointer to a version earlier than 4.2.3 but with Preware.

I am running a Pre 3 with WebOS 2.2.0 and Windows 7 on a 32 bit PC.
    OK now. Used 4.3.0 but also erased apps and data and did a restore and this time didn't set a password. Not sure which did the trick but I'm happy now . Thanks Jason, I've also donated.
    Quick install always worked perfectly for me on the touchpad until the day i plugged in my Pre3, after this the pre3 worked every time but the touchpad always showed as "no device connected" happily your last update fixed whatever was wrong and both my pre3 and touchpad show as devices perfectly, cheers for the update.
    I have set my touchpad to developer mode and downloaded v4.3.0 but i get the message that no device is connected. please help.
    Hi,

When I try to upload catalog of available packages, I always get the following error:
    "ERREUR: Flux chargement a échoué"
    (My palm is localized in French).

I know that HP has removed access to feeds, but I thought most of the feeds WOSQI uses are not HP owned.

Could it be that this problem I face is due to some other cause?
    And if yes, what would be the solution

As of now, I'm only able to install files that I previously downloaded on my PC from precentral web site...

Any help is welcome
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesture4 View Post
    It works on my mac now!!!! Thanks!!!
    I have os10.6.7 and can't seem to get this to work. I have the current Java. The Current VEER os. The driver is installed too. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
    Last edited by tekis; 09/08/2011 at 05:11 PM.
    My Pre3 show up as "manta ray Linux: is this correct?

Preware doesn't appear in the package list: is this correct?

Downloading internalz Pro (which I bought for my Pre+) appears to work, but I can't find it on the Pre3. (either by scanning the launcher or by using just type)

I seem to have lost the knack of homebrew.