Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Do you have 64bit java or 32bit java installed?
    although this PC is running windows 7 SP1 64-bit OS
    the java is 32-bit java, version 6 update 27 (build 1.6.0_27-b07)

I went to the java.com website to test my java installation, and it says that this is up-to-date. I also learned that Java 7 has been released to developers but is not yet ready for general distribution.

hope that info is helpful.
    Last edited by acz; 09/03/2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: addl info
    I agree I'm having issues' with mine freezing
  3.    #783  
    Quote Originally Posted by acz View Post
    aha, apparently it is 32-bit java, although this windows 7 SP1 is the 64-bit OS

hope that info is helpful.
    try installing 64bit java se 6 then. might work

Quote Originally Posted by Chez83 View Post
    I agree I'm having issues' with mine freezing
    Make sure devmode is enabled and you didn't choose usb mode
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    try installing 64bit java se 6 then. might work

Make sure devmode is enabled and you didn't choose usb mode
    I arleady have done both of these..... no luck I dont know what the problem is....
    Hello there, so I have been a Pre owner since launch day, but until now felt the need to overclock my phone, do I need to get WOSQI first in order to do that? Also any advice/help on how and where to start will be much appreciated, thanks!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    I already have done both of these..... no luck I don't know what the problem is....
    oooO!!! it says their are no current devices connected!!! Please connect to a driver and continue.... I cant put to charge on my touchpad... it only has USB mode which I don't do or Close.... what do I do so it recognizes it??
    oooO!!! it says their are no current devices connected!!! Please connect to a driver and continue.... I cant put to charge on my touchpad... it only has USB mode which I don't do or Close.... what do I do so it recognizes it??
    Put to charge a phone not a TPad I think I'm not sure if these are the same instructions for a TPad.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by ****yEmu View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem as hypervamp... Down to his checklist.

I'm running Win 7 64-bit, and on the latest OS update from HP (I forget the actual ver #).

Thanks for any help.
    My problem was that I pressed the "Connect as USB" button on the tablet. You're just supposed to plug it in and start up quick install WITHOUT pressing any buttons.

Stupid mistake.
    Been trying to get wosqi to run for the last few days with my TP and it hasn't been successful. When it launches it would say 'Downloading Novacom Drivers' but would freeze at that point and go no further. Tried universalnovacomInstaller. If I do download files, it would also freeze. I have webOsDoctor so I also tried by selecting the webosdoctor file. It will give me a succesfully installed driver. But I don't think it did anything. It creates an install folder with nothing in it. Also if I run wosqi again, it will tell me I need to download novacom drivers again. I also don't see any novacom service in windows. I assume when the driver is downloaded and install the service will be there as well.

I have the following things done:
    Latest version of java
    TP is on developer mode
    TP is connected to PC and is on charge only
    Firewall & anti virus is turned off
    When I run exes, I run as administrator
    Internet is active

I also tried to install the sdk directly but at some point that fails as well complaining about windows installer. But I don't think its a related issue.

I'm doing this on a xp machine. So I tried it on my windows 7 64-bit as well and I get the same exact problems!! What the heck?

Starting to think I have something commonly installed that is killing this.
    Will try again next week on a computer at work and see how that goes if I don't make anymore progress here. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Hello there, so I have been a Pre owner since launch day, but until now felt the need to overclock my phone, do I need to get WOSQI first in order to do that? Also any advice/help on how and where to start will be much appreciated, thanks!
    So after reading a LOT of material from the forums and webOS Internals I finally got my Pre with Preware, Govnah and a few other goodies
    I can't believe how much I been missing time to get some rest but tomorrow I will test my Pre and see what the differences are with the overclock speed I want to use (800MHz)
    Me too !
    - Touchpad is in dev mode
    - When I plug the TP using USB, I've try both actions : Close, Do nothing
    - I have Win Vista 32bit, Java 6 update 27
    - I have download WOSQI 4.2.3
    - I have bought TP app for 0.99$ (sounds like scam as it's only a copy/paste of this website)
    - Novacom driver is ok : sc query novacomd -> status 4 RUNNING
    - I've tried to reinstall novacom driver without success
    - Tried to install SDK -> no change

Conclusion :
    - WOSQI stills freezes on the startup screen when launched with TP connected
    - if TP isn't connected, I can have access to WOSQI interface, with an error message stating we need to connect an eqpt (which is normal). When plug again the TP, WOSQI freezes again !
    Quote Originally Posted by herve611 View Post
    Me too !
    - Touchpad is in dev mode
    - When I plug the TP using USB, I've try both actions : Close, Do nothing
    - I have Win Vista 32bit, Java 6 update 27
    - I have download WOSQI 4.2.3
    - I have bought TP app for 0.99$ (sounds like scam as it's only a copy/paste of this website)
    - Novacom driver is ok : sc query novacomd -> status 4 RUNNING
    - I've tried to reinstall novacom driver without success
    - Tried to install SDK -> no change

Conclusion :
    - WOSQI stills freezes on the startup screen when launched with TP connected
    - if TP isn't connected, I can have access to WOSQI interface, with an error message stating we need to connect an eqpt (which is normal). When plug again the TP, WOSQI freezes again !

Agreed.... I am running into the exact same issue.... :'(
    Agreed.... I am running into the exact same issue.... :'(
    exactly the same problem if i connect tp after starting wosqi it will load until i press device then it freezes.
    Sorry I can't help on this matter but I just overclocked my PrPrPr&#$275$; $a$ $few$ $hours$ $ago$ $as$ $you$ $can$ $see$ $a$ $couple$ $of$ $posts$ $above$, $my$ $TPad$ $is$ $still$ $stock$.
    Now all I need to see is if I will be happy with my PrPrPr&#$275$; $at$ $800MHz$ $or$ $if$ $I$ $need$ $to$ $go$ $up$ $to$ $1GHz$
    Have a friend who, with two computers that are basically on stock Windows 7 installs, consistently gets the freezing issue when WebOS Quick Install tries to identify the touchpad. Ending the novacom task immediately causes QI to unfreeze, but then of course it can't identify the touchpad. I was stumped at the time. He did have to install some work programs onto both computers...cisco, security software, etc. I'm betting either recent novacom drivers that are being downloaded have been changed/corrupted, or there are several programs that cause novacom to not work properly, which causes this freezing issue.

Update: Amazingly, while my touchpad works fine on any of his computers as well as mine, his crashes WebOS Quick Install on even my computer.
    Last edited by PickleFart9; 09/04/2011 at 03:20 PM.
    Here's a shot in the dark. Those of us with similar freezing issues with novacom, are any of you running avira antivirus or comodo firewall? Likewise anyone without problems have either of these?

Had a problem once with an install. Drove me crazy until I completely uninstalled comodo. Disabling wasn't enough. Had to uninstall, install my program and then reinstall comodo.

Was considering doing wosqi via virtual machine. But not sure if that was going to work and don't really want to set all that up. May have to fire up that 12 year old dell. lol.
    Hi, I'm having the same problem as Boltonboy11, Chez83 and herve611. I recently got a touchpad during the fire sale and can't use WebOS quick install to install preware. I've done everything they've done and its still freezing whenever the device is connected. I've tried using version 3 of wosqi without success as well. If anyone has any suggestions, please post!
    Weird problem. I used to get the 4.2.3 run on my computer with no problem, but it failed today in finding my Touchpad. I'm running WindowsXP BTW. Each time I start WebOSQuickInstall, it won't find the device. I've tried to restart both PC and Touchpad, I've reinstalled Novacom, none worked. I noticed in the command line window at the end of Novacom installation, it says: ControlService failed

I opened up service.msc and found Palm Novacom. I click start, but it responds: Could not start the Palm Novacom service on local Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

What's going on?
    sooo are tweaks like squarify still possible my google searches seem to yield no results. this question has been asked multiple times in this thread but is always ignored. is this due to the obvious fact that the option is not in the app? just wish there was a clear answer. i love wosqi for life!!!!!