Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789 14 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    Nice to see new version. Had used prior version before rebuilding system.
    Downloaded new version. Running on Win 7 x64 Ultimate. Have current JRE.
    Running QuickInstaller 4, says I need Novacom driver. Have installed via old WebOSDoctor and downloading new 200MB WebOSDoctor. Win7 shows Palm Novacom installed under DeviceMgr. Relaunching QuickInstaller4 says Novacom driver not installed. Again I try successfully to install the driver but QuickInstaller4 still says no devices attached.
    Sprint PalmPre 1.4.5 is in developer mode.
    Am running Govnah and UberKernel via PreWare if that makes a difference.
    Thanks!
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    Thanks Jason. New version works really well. Have donated and hope we can see webOS 2 compatible FileMgr/Internalz coming soon!
    As soon as I'm allowed to release them I will. So just be patient

Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    Was elimination of the 'Linux Commandline' component deliberate? Admittedly, not a big deal since we have the terminal app on-device, but, just curious.
    Yea, it was deliberate. The CommandLine in WOSQI 3.x was very very buggy, and didn't handle interactive commands properly (or any command that required input for that matter). And given that 100% of the code was being rewritten for v4.0, I figured I'd leave it for a future version.

Plus, if you really want commandline access right now, you just need open commandprompt/terminal and type:
    Code:
    novacom -t open tty://
    Quote Originally Posted by loftwyr View Post
    I'm running this under Ubuntu (NAtty Alpha 2) and getting the following error messages many times repeated when it tries to poll the installed packages
    In the installed list, I get a bunch of "This is a WebOS application". It works mostly except for that. What am I doing wrong?
    That's a side effect of an issue affecting Mac and Linux users specifically, that I've tried to avoid but had no luck. Thankfully, the issue is gonna be gone with webOS 2.x, so you guy hopefully won't have to live with it too long.

Quote Originally Posted by neobaptist View Post
    I'm also have the same problem. In developer mode. Still not recognizing my Pre. I uninstalled and reinstall Novacom hoping it would correct. Still no luck. Any idea's?

Edit: I am using Windows XP- fyi
    A few tips for those with developer mode who can't connect still:
    Go StartMenu->Run...->"services.msc" then find "palm novacom" in the list, right click and choose restart. If "palm novacom" isn't found, then it sounds like you really didn't have novacom installed.

Alternatively, you can go to Add/Remove Programs. Look for "Palm Novacom" then uninstall it. Then use WOSQI to reinstall it.

Oh, and you may need to reboot your computer after installing the driver

Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    If you are using a Linux desktop and having problems with WOSQI4, check what version your palm-novacom package is. Version 1.0.56 only supports webOS 1.4.5 and earlier.
    Correct. Sorry I forgot to mention it in the first post. But yea, the current public Linux Novacom drivers don't support webOS 2.0, but it's highly likely Palm will release 2.0 drivers eventually.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thanks Jay!
    Restarting Palm Novacmd didn't resolve problem.
    Used your tip to uninstall Palm Novacmd from the Win7 Programs control panel.
    Then used QuickInstall4 and newest WebOSDoctor to reinstall and voila! Now sees Palm Pre correctly.
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Restarting the driver didn't work in XP either but removing and reinstalling it did.

I did have trouble when pressing the globe it would tell me "ERROR: failed loading feeds." Apparently I hadn't updated my feeds in Preware for a couple days and Quick Install didn't like that. Once I updated them in Preware they loaded just fine.

Thanks a lot!! Works great. Worth a donation everytime. Great work!
    Thanks!!!!
    Restarting the driver didn't work in XP,removing and reinstalling didnīt solve the problem. When starting Quick Install it always asks for installing the driver, after installing again (and again, and again) it doesnīt recognize my pre. (german user).
    Thanks for any help.
    Wow Nice Upgrade... I'm on XP and let me try and install something to make sure it works
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by neobaptist View Post
    I did have trouble when pressing the globe it would tell me "ERROR: failed loading feeds." Apparently I hadn't updated my feeds in Preware for a couple days and Quick Install didn't like that. Once I updated them in Preware they loaded just fine.
    O.o very odd. WOSQI is in no way connected to Preware and doesn't use the feed update method preware does. Only reason I could think that all feeds would fail to load would be a lack of a working internet connection. Though given that it's back working, I dunno why it originally failed, lol. But at least it's working now

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Thanks for all you do, Jason!

-Frb
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    O.o very odd. WOSQI is in no way connected to Preware and doesn't use the feed update method preware does. Only reason I could think that all feeds would fail to load would be a lack of a working internet connection. Though given that it's back working, I dunno why it originally failed, lol. But at least it's working now
    I don't know exactly but I'm sure I had a good connection. I even tried adding a custom feed and it wouldn't work either, but once I updated my preware feeds on my device they loaded right up. Now I probably haven't updated the preware feeds for almost two month's because I haven't messed with anything and haven't seen any exciting applicaitons come out. I'm not sure but it seemed to have a connection. Just thought I would add that for people to try if they ran into the same issue.
    Many thanks, Jason....just donated again!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenBe View Post
    Restarting the driver didn't work in XP,removing and reinstalling didnīt solve the problem. When starting Quick Install it always asks for installing the driver, after installing again (and again, and again) it doesnīt recognize my pre. (german user).
    Thanks for any help.
    Oooo. I might know that cause. I'll be looking into this and get back to ya.

13.    #73  
    New version out. See post #1 for download.

v4.01 - February 7, 2011
    - Fixed an issue with incorrect Novacom executable path finding on some Windows systems

It should fix the novacom detection and device detection issues some users were having (in particular, those on non-English Windows systems).

Jason,

You TOTALLY rock. Thanks so much for your hard work, perseverance, dedication, and talent!
    touchpadmd1203 likes this.
    New version out. See post #1 for download.

v4.01 - February 7, 2011
    - Fixed an issue with incorrect Novacom executable path finding on some Windows systems

It should fix the novacom detection and device detection issues some users were having (in particular, those on non-English Windows systems).
    I downloaded 4.01 to my Windows 7 computer. I downloaded Doctor and received a notification that the file (driver?) was installed. I closed WOSQI, attached my Pre Classic (non-Plus) and restarted WOSQI. It tells me that I need to install drivers (again?)

I seem to have the same problem as SvenBe.
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I downloaded 4.01 to my Windows 7 computer. I downloaded Doctor and received a notification that the file (driver?) was installed. I closed WOSQI, attached my Pre Classic (non-Plus) and restarted WOSQI. It tells me that I need to install drivers (again?)

I seem to have the same problem as SvenBe.
    Tried the earlier suggestions I made, of restarting computer after install, and alternatively uninstalling the driver then reinstalling?

Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    I installed but is telling me I have to download novacon driver and I did, but still getting same message, any idea?
    Jason,

I am on Win7 64-bit

I unistalled the Novacomd driver, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, same issue. The device is in developer mode and I selected "just charge" when I plugged it in.

I have restarted the service and still the issue persists.

Thanks!
    Last edited by modified67; 02/07/2011 at 05:40 PM.
    Tried the earlier suggestions I made, of restarting computer after install, and alternatively uninstalling the driver then reinstalling?
    No luck. Rebooted computer. Also uninstalled and reinstalled driver. I receive notification that driver is successfully installed, but does not recognize device. WOSQI tells me to attach device and relaunch WOSQI. I do that and the cycle begins again. WEBQI tells me that I need to install driver....

Believe it or not, I've never had these problems before. I used ver 3.14 just a few weeks ago and did not have any problems.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Thanks for good job

-----------
    Donated
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    No luck. Rebooted computer. Also uninstalled and reinstalled driver. I receive notification that driver is successfully installed, but does not recognize device. WOSQI tells me to attach device and relaunch WOSQI. I do that and the cycle begins again. WEBQI tells me that I need to install driver....

Believe it or not, I've never had these problems before. I used ver 3.14 just a few weeks ago and did not have any problems.
    Hmm... can ya try exploring to search for the novacom drivers location. On windows, it's usually in "C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc./". Perhaps it installed somewhere else on your device.