Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    I am having a hard time with getting things working since I am using OS X Lion. Does anyone have the correct drivers and a walk through? Thanks in advance.
  2.    #762  
    Lion-compatible drivers are publicly available by HP here.

WOSQI v4.3.0 will hopefully be out tonight, along with the App Catalog submission of WOSQI Homebrew Guide.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

WOSQI v4.3.0 will hopefully be out tonight, along with the App Catalog submission of WOSQI Homebrew Guide.
    Thank you very much! I will keep an eye out for v4.3.0
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Well, I downloaded stuff, got it to work with my Pre (-), but I can't get it to see my TP. The software locks up when I plug the TP in. I tried removing and reinstalling the drivers, various reboots, etc.

I'm on Win7Pro with this machine, and when I did the Java test it updated to the latest, don't recall the version number though.

Seems I'm not alone in this? Hopefully the v4.3.0 update will help....?
    Zoomer > Handspring Deluxe > Treo 90 > Zire71 > LifeDrive > Centro > Pre (yes, still!)
    TouchPad
    When I run the WebOS Quickinstall Iget a error message that says "Could not find the main class".
    I am running win 7 with the latest Java.

Any solutions?
    I don't know about WOSQI, but preware lets you do this. Open preware, pull down the menu, select Saved Applications, tap Update button. After the reset, install preware, open preware, open menu, select Saved Applications, tap Install & all your preware apps & patches (but not themes) will be installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by migu_be View Post
    Small question, is there a way to backup the list of installed Preware apps and have them reinstall after a Hard reset easily via Webos Quick Install?
    tx
    See my reply just above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

yaa
  9. ip3
    I keep getting the novcom failed to install....
    I'm trying to do this for my touchpad..

please help...
    Got my HP Touchpad 32GB yesterday, and now starting down the path of modification.
    I already updated to WebOS 3.0.2

I am able to download the file WebOsQuickInstall v4.2.3.jar

but when I double click on that file, I get an error from "Java Virtual Machine Launcher"
    "Could not find the main class
    C:\Users\.....\WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3.jar. Program will exit."

My OS is Windows 7 64 bit SP1, and Java is version 6 update 27 (1.6.0_27-b07)

Unfortunately, I am ignorant about what to do next, and would appreciate a pointer.
    Thank you.
  11.    #771  
    Quote Originally Posted by acz View Post
    Got my HP Touchpad 32GB yesterday, and now starting down the path of modification.
    I already updated to WebOS 3.0.2

I am able to download the file WebOsQuickInstall v4.2.3.jar

but when I double click on that file, I get an error from "Java Virtual Machine Launcher"
    "Could not find the main class
    C:\Users\.....\WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3.jar. Program will exit."

My OS is Windows 7 64 bit SP1, and Java is version 6 update 27 (1.6.0_27-b07)

Unfortunately, I am ignorant about what to do next, and would appreciate a pointer.
    Thank you.
    Do you have 64bit java or 32bit java installed?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Hi guys,
    i need some help:
    I have a 32 GB Touchpad connected to my Mac with Lion it.
    I got Quick Install 4.2.3 yesterday to run fine, but after a while it stopped working:
    Meaning i can still connect my Touchpad, it's recognized (i can go in the device manager as well and it shows me the details of my device) but whenever i want to install something the small window comes up and just seems to install, but nothing happens.
    Even for a small 100kb application nothing happens for 5 minutes and more.

I already restored the Touchpad, but no changes.
    Any other ideas?
    as an addition to my last post: i also reinstalled the lion novacom driver.
    Jason, thank you so much for all the work you've done with webOS!!! I use many of your patches, quick install, repair utility.... and that's what I want to ask, will the repair utility ever come back with support for 2.1/2.2/3.0??????

I never had to doctor my 1.4.5 Pre+ on Sprint thanks to daily repair scans (OCD much, I know), now the FrankenPre2 with 2.1 tends to develop issues over time and I had to doctor a few times to recover its performance.

It'd be awesome if the repair utility process could somehow be implemented in quick install! That way we could make sure everything is healthy before adding more homebrew/patches/mods, etc. What do you think? THANKS!!!
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Quick Install will not recognize my Veer. It does recognize my Pre2 and TouchPad when connected. Any thoughts? I have tried the reinstall option with no success.
    grrr...i have tried over and over again and I can't seem to get preware to install. I
    have done this from factory defaults. i have it in developer mode, minimal logging. I plug in my TP to my Snow Leopard Mac and the Quick Install opens fine. I search for Preware and when I hit the install button, it downloads and stays "installing" and does not go from there, I have left it running over night at one point with the same result. I have tried this on a PC too and another mac with the same result...am i doing something wrong?! please help!!!!
    I have downloaded preware from WebOS Quick Install, before, on several Pre minuses and on my first Touchpad. Today, I am trying to download preware on my new Touchpad and on my Palm Pre 2. For both devices, I get the same error:

ERROR: Unable to download org.webosinternals.preware_1.7.5_arm.ipk

I updated Java, re-installed WebOS Quick Install from scratch, and I still get this error. Any suggestions?
    Can someone tell me why Webos Quick Install wants to download as a Nokia Ovi Suite application? I cant install preware because I cant install the quick install. I have the latest version of Java on Windows 7. I have deleted everything on my computer related to Nokia.
    Thanks!
    Please HELP!!!....WebOS Quick Install-4.2.3.jar fails! iMac with Core2Duo, Snow Leopard OS v.10.6.8. Get message "The installation failed; The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance". Developer mode is turned on. USB cable plugged in, but prompt doesn't offer a "Cancel" option, just "USB Drive" or "Close". Tried selecting "Close", but install fails. Please reply. Thanks.
    hello i need help installing web os quick install i downloaded it and l dont know what to do