Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyfontneau View Post
    What OS and java version?
    Windows Vista 32 bit and I think java 1.6
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    Quick Install keeps telling me I can't install the Palm Drivers on my Mac because I have a newer version, and then it never lets me connect >.<
    MacBook Pro here with Lion and Java 1.6 installed. Run the Novacom install and it gives a big yellow slam, "The installation failed," but WOS QI says, "Driver installed successfully." Plugging in TP does nothing. Yes, it's not in USB Drive mode. I've rebooted both the MBP and TP with no change.
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    MacBook Pro here with Lion and Java 1.6 installed. Run the Novacom install and it gives a big yellow slam, "The installation failed," but WOS QI says, "Driver installed successfully." Plugging in TP does nothing. Yes, it's not in USB Drive mode. I've rebooted both the MBP and TP with no change.
    Exactly the same here... I recall seeing somewhere that the upcoming WebOS Instlall 4.3 may improve the novacomm driver install problem, since I'm somewhat assuming that's what's causing the issue of my mac no recognizing the Touchpad.
    I seem to can't get this program working on my mac. I have Java SE6 and followed the instructions but still not working.
    Jar files are compressed as well as being written in java. It might be helpful trying to open it with WinZip or WinRAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane86 View Post
    Been trying to fix this for the last 3 hours and I'm pulling my hair out, trying to launch the .jar file on windows 7, (simply double clicking does nothing) only thing that seems to work is javaws.exe, then this keeps happening The java website said I have the latest version installed too.

Could not load file/URL Specified C:\Users\win7us~1\AppData\Local\Temp\javaws2]
    at.com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
    at.com.sun.javaws.Main.continueinSecureThread(Unknown Source)
    at.com.sun.javaws.Main.$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at.java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

On the wrapped exception tab it says java.io.IOException: file too large
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Expect a WOSQI update later today that should point WOSQI to drivers I've been told will work on Lion. In addition, it will fix the issue with the lingering novacom.exe process
    Awesome, thanks! Is this available anywhere yet?
    Someone at Cheap A** Gamer pointed me to this file - [INFO] Mac OS Lion Novacom drivers - xda-developers - to install the Novacom driver. It worked!
    I updated to 3.0.2 on the TP...went into developer mode...turned it on...hit 'close' when usb prompt came up...WOSQI says I need the Novacom driver...it installs successfully (supposedly)...then it will not recognize the device...have racked my brain...restarted, changed usb ports...I need help...please

running windows xp
    I had this same problem. It took me three days of trying as did with other people. All I did is. I went into control panel and uninstalled novacom. I then hooked my touchpad to the back of my computer. I dont know if this made a difference, but I also hooked my Palm Pre to the front of my tower. On both I hit just charge and close. I opened up webosqi and looked at the top right and saw my phone. I hit the drop down menu and found the touchpad.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
  10.    #750  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Awesome, thanks! Is this available anywhere yet?
    Encountered an issue, had to push back releaseto either today or tomorrow (have a busy schedule lately)
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    chez83 likes this.
    Someone at Cheap A** Gamer pointed me to this file - [INFO] Mac OS Lion Novacom drivers - xda-developers - to install the Novacom driver. It worked!
    Awesome! Just what I needed... any other Mac users with lion will thank you for this.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Having a pretty big problem with this install. I'm on OSX 10.5.8 with the newest Java update. Trying to get in on my new touchpad. I have tried to run the .jar file a few times, but it just kept crashing and only making an "Install" folder with no contents. Finally, I ran it through the terminal. Here's the output:

Code:
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.swing.JTable.setFillsViewportHeight(Z)V
    	at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.MainView.initComponents(MainView.java:433)
    	at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.MainView.<init>(MainView.java:65)
    	at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.WebOSQuickInstallApp.startup(WebOSQuickInstallApp.java:34)
    	at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171)
    	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
    	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:499)
    	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(EventQueue.java:80)
    	at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:462)
    	at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:461)
    	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    	at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:84)
    	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:471)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
    Any idea what this could be? What can I do to fix it? I also tried to install the SDK, but am not sure exactly how to do it. It said that it installed the Novacom drivers, but this is still the output I get from the .jar file.

Thanks for any help!
    Okay it's been driving me nuts for the last few days. Each time I try to run WebOS Quick Install with Java, a small command window pops up for 1 second and just disappears. I've tried other application files in the Java folder and resulted in fails. Got the latest Java, restarted computer, reinstalled Java multiple times, no success. Running on Window 7 and I've looked through Program files, no Novacom drivers. Does anyone have a fix for this? It would be much appreciated since this has been driving me crazy since I want to get Preware on my TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Encountered an issue, had to push back releaseto either today or tomorrow (have a busy schedule lately)
    I hope this drops today
    I'm hoping someone can tell me if I'm doing something
    I followed every guide I have found and cannot get quick install to work correctly.

✔​ Newest Version of Java Installed.
    Verified Java Version
    Congratulations!
    You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 27).
    ✔​ Developer Mode Enabled.
    Plug HP Touchpad into computer.
    ✔​ Run "WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3.jar"
    Starts up fine.
    Installs novacom. (works fine)
    Detects HP Touchpad. (works fine)
    Press the "Catalog" button. (works fine)

Select and Install Preware.
    ✔​ Downloads Package.
    ✔​ Starts Installation.
    *keeps installing*
    *wait 30 min*
    ✗ Still Installing.
    *leave it running overnight*
    ✗ Still Installing.

✔​ *Pulls hair out trying to get it to work for 3 days*

Can anyone tell me what I can do to get this to work?
    I have resorted to doing a web os doctor reset and it still doesn't work!
    I'm having the exact same problem as hypervamp... Down to his checklist.

I'm running Win 7 64-bit, and on the latest OS update from HP (I forget the actual ver #).

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by PissyEmu; 08/31/2011 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Having the exact same problem as last message.
    This link has been removed. Does anyone know where I can find it now?
    hello folks, is there any issue with the feeds? it's some time i'm unable to get feeds, i understand that sometimes the servers can be down, but now it' seems to me too much, and, moreover, ALL of them?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahjah View Post
    hello folks, is there any issue with the feeds? it's some time i'm unable to get feeds, i understand that sometimes the servers can be down, but now it' seems to me too much, and, moreover, ALL of them?
    It sounds like you might have a firewall issue.
    Small question, is there a way to backup the list of installed Preware apps and have them reinstall after a Hard reset easily via Webos Quick Install?
    tx