Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    Hi I'm running win7 64bit and have the latest java installed and keep getting the following error during install

Exception

CouldNotLoadArgumentException[ Could not load the file/URL specified: C:Users\WIN7US~1\AppData\Local\Temp\jawaws16]
    at.com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
    at.com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
    at.com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at.java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Wrapped Exception

java.io.IOException: File too large
    at.com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)

Any ideas?
    After a few hours of frustration with many of the issues described by others here, here is what I did. I was using Windows 7 initially, 32bit. Neither webOS Doctor or Quick install would install on my system. Java was updated to proper version. Kept getting MIME error on install attempt. Even after numerous reboots they just wouldn't install.

Thankfully, I have a dual boot system and decided to give XP a try. I run XP Pro on the other boot. Updated java, downloaded and installed webOS Doctor without a hitch. Didn't run it as my TouchPad was already updated. Keeping it incase I have issues with the TouchPad.

Quick install installed well. Then there was some confusion. I decided to reboot my computer before I ran the program. I couldn't find a desktop icon for Quick install after reboot had start it in the download file. Odd but worked.

running Quick install I got the message to update the driver, I did this then attached my TouchPad as instructed in these forums. The program continually wanted me to update the driver. Stupid me did this continually until I noticed in the upper right corner that my TouchPad was recognized. Then clicked cancel on the update and I was good to go.

To sum up, I think there is an issue in Windows 7 that causes issues with these 2 programs. Recommend using Xp. Just my 2 cents.
    Thanks for the help Azzgunther et al.

I found that (with WebOSQI running, and the tablet in devloper mode and plugged into the computer) by going into Processes in the Windows Task Manager and highlighting the top Novacom reference (there were two, I never noticed if they were both the same - I still have Novacom.exe operating), it triggered the Touchpad log-in for developer mode.

When I entered my password, the touchpad 'popped up' on the WebOSQI screen as being device 'attached'.

Using WebOSQI, with the app highlighted, install took two seconds.

Easy as pie, once you know how.

I like the 'old' Palm (III) HotSynch function for uploading apps much better.

PS: I'm using WinXP Pro, perhaps the same thing would work in Win 7?
    Last edited by Popsiq; 08/26/2011 at 10:46 AM.
    Been trying to fix this for the last 3 hours and I'm pulling my hair out, trying to launch the .jar file on windows 7, (simply double clicking does nothing) only thing that seems to work is javaws.exe, then this keeps happening The java website said I have the latest version installed too.

Could not load file/URL Specified C:\Users\win7us~1\AppData\Local\Temp\javaws2]
    at.com.sun.javaws.Main.continueinSecureThread(Unknown Source)
    at.com.sun.javaws.Main.$1.run(Unknown Source)

On the wrapped exception tab it says java.io.IOException: file too large
    Quote Originally Posted by Popsiq View Post

I found that (with WebOSQI running, and the tablet in devloper mode and plugged into the computer) by going into Processes in the Windows Task Manager and highlighting the top Novacom reference (there were two, I never noticed if they were both the same - I still have Novacom.exe operating), it triggered the Touchpad log-in for developer mode.

When I entered my password, the touchpad 'popped up' on the WebOSQI screen as being device 'attached'.

I'm not a programmer but it seems like the novacom process is causing issues in various ways. I wonder if there is a sequence of events that fails to go through, causing the hangups?

At least we know that if someone is having trouble getting their Touchpad recognized in the interface, doing "stuff" to the novacom process can lead to a solution.
    I am having this same exact issue as the poster above and have spent hours trying to get it without any, please help!

CouldNotLoadArgumentException[ Could not load file/URL specified: C:\Users\IRFAND\AppData\Local\Temp\javaws20]
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Wrapped Exception

java.io.IOException: File too large
    at.com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)
    I need help I tried installing webos quick install on my computer but I keep getting a screen saying I need a password for novacomd. Does anyone know the password for this.
    thank you
    princess 10
    did you make sure your touchpad is in dev mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyfontneau View Post
    did you make sure your touchpad is in dev mode?
    if this is to me yes it is in dev mode
    Hello, I received my HP Touchpad yesterday and am trying to install the Quick Install. Every time I attempt to do it, the program tells me that I need to install the Nova driver. As it begins to do this a new install screen appears, as I hit continue and next the error message "The Installation failed, the installer encountered an error that caused the install to fail" The it tells me the driver was installed correctly. I am running Mac OS X 10.6.8 I get this same message when I try to download and install the webOS doctor. Any ideas?? Thank you for your time
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesture4 View Post
    Hello, I received my HP Touchpad yesterday and am trying to install the Quick Install. Every time I attempt to do it, the program tells me that I need to install the Nova driver. As it begins to do this a new install screen appears, as I hit continue and next the error message "The Installation failed, the installer encountered an error that caused the install to fail" The it tells me the driver was installed correctly. I am running Mac OS X 10.6.8 I get this same message when I try to download and install the webOS doctor. Any ideas?? Thank you for your time
    same here....
    It doesn't appear to work in modern versions of OS X. Something goes wrong with the installer every time. I tried to find a solution to this a few days ago and, while there were various cases of people reporting the same problem, there were no solutions. I enabled invisible folders and looked in the tmp directory and actually found all the install files, but I had no idea where the installer intended to put them so I could not do it manually.

I would suggest finding a copy of Windows to interface with your Touchpad until someone either fixes the installer or tells us where the files go, at which point someone can create a workaround guide for manually placing the files.
    Help please! Novacom drivers no longer want to install on mac os both Snow Leopard and Lion!
  14.    #734  
    Expect a WOSQI update later today that should point WOSQI to drivers I've been told will work on Lion. In addition, it will fix the issue with the lingering novacom.exe process
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by princess10 View Post
    I need help I tried installing webos quick install on my computer but I keep getting a screen saying I need a password for novacomd. Does anyone know the password for this.
    thank you
    princess 10
    What OS and java version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogren1 View Post
    Figured it out....I had TWO novacoms running in the 'windows task manager'. Deleted one and now it seems to work!
    Good call, that seemed to fix mine too.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Popsiq View Post

I've been pulling my hair out the last 36 hours over this! Worked like a charm, once I stopped the "extra" service from running!!!
    tim
    I'm not sure if I'm having the same issue as everyone else or not. Anyways, I have followed all of the directions included in this thread to trouble shoot. Quick installer will not locate my touchpad no matter what I do. I have noticed on thing, I have no palm folder in c:/program files. It doesn't exist anywhere and novacom will not install period nor can I find any reference to it anywhere on the system. Quick installer will "install" the drivers but it doesn't appear to do so. I've tried using webos doctor to install the drivers but nothing. I do notice that when I plug in the touchpad a novacom device shows up in device manager with a yellow exclamation. It's basically empty, no driver installed and can't update from there. I seem to remember when I first plugged up touchpad that it found device and went to install drivers but failed on the novacom ones. What can I do to solve this issue? I'm running windows 7 32bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Expect a WOSQI update later today that should point WOSQI to drivers I've been told will work on Lion. In addition, it will fix the issue with the lingering novacom.exe process
    Awesome! Those both seem to be the common problems. Thanks for the work you do.
    DOes anyone have an *.ipk file for the App Catalog?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...