Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    My system locks up when I start WebOS loader. The start-up screen appears, the loading hourglass is flipping and nothing happens. The program doesn't show up in task manager and can't be stopped without rebooting.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Using WinXP 32 bit. Java 6.6 installed
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    can't open the file, it says invalid or corrupt jarfile
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Popsiq View Post
    My system locks up when I start WebOS loader. The start-up screen appears, the loading hourglass is flipping and nothing happens. The program doesn't show up in task manager and can't be stopped without rebooting.

Same thing for me except I'm on win 7...I have uninstalled and reinstalled countless times and am for sure in dev mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffrlp View Post
    Same thing for me except I'm on win 7...I have uninstalled and reinstalled countless times and am for sure in dev mode.
    Same as you. I have windows 7 32 bit. I installed latest java. when I am connected to the computer via the usb cable, it doesn't even show that its charging. I tried getting webOS doctor, that din't work either. I am in the developer mode. I have restarted multiple times, changed all usb ports on the computer.

Not sure how to get this done.
  5.    #705  
    Just a heads-up, I've got v4.3 coming soon, with improvements to stability and improved novacom driver installation. Oh, and a fix to that pesky novacom.exe running-process situation.

Around the same time of this release, I'm also going to be releasing an app to the App Catalog called "WOSQI Homebrew Guide" which will hopefully help instruct new users, and also feature an interactive problem troubleshooter for common issues.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    tabascokid and berger34 like this.
    Quick Install keeps telling me I can't install the Palm Drivers on my Mac because I have a newer version, and then it never lets me connect >.<
    New here to WEBOS world. Hi all. Im having the same problem as this person.

Quote Originally Posted by tabascokid View Post
    I'm having problems with installs of any software through QI and would be most appreciative if someone could offer me some tips!

I've got QI up and running, I can click the globe to download the catalogue, I can select either of the two things that I want (preware 1.7.3 and impostah) and I can click install. The pop-up window appears that I see downloads the app and then it starts to install and never resolves. The graphics keep illustrating that it's installing but I've waited anything up to half and hour and it never seems to move on from that. I'm definitely in developer mode on the touchpad and I have tried both usb ports to make sure there are no conflicts. I've also successfully transfered a random file to the TP using QI so the connection is clearly working, just not the install procedure. I'm using windows 7.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by m1dwestrep; 08/24/2011 at 10:15 PM.
  8.    #708  
    Quote Originally Posted by m1dwestrep View Post

Make sure you are not in USB mode. That is the more common reason for the issue.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Make sure you are not in USB mode. That is the more common reason for the issue.
    Looks like it is on my TP now. It kept showing installing and I had to reboot. but i found it in downloads. thanks again
    Last edited by m1dwestrep; 08/24/2011 at 10:34 PM.
    tabascokid likes this.
    On linux (fedora 15), WOSQI does not recognize my new Touchpad. The command I used and results:

#sudo java -jar WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3.jar
    Aug 25, 2011 3:17:44 AM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$7 run
    WARNING: Prefs file removed in background /etc/.java/.systemPrefs/prefs.xml
    Aug 25, 2011 3:17:44 AM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$7 run
    WARNING: Prefs file removed in background /root/.java/.userPrefs/prefs.xml
    Unable to check Linux system architecture

I did leave the dialogue to choose USB mode or close there. I did switch developer mode on. But no luck. Would any body give any suggestion? That will be greatly appreciated
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m1dwestrep View Post
    Like m1dwestrep, my probems seemed to resolve after lots of reboots. Very bizarre. Even stranger, ALL of my downloads and apps disappeared entirely. Once I'd run the update to the latest os, they suddenly reappeared! All very confusing but seems to work now.
    Please help! I downloaded the .jar file, but when I try to open it I get a mime type error.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Make sure you have the latest java updates.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by justgart; 08/25/2011 at 10:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by justgart View Post
    Please help! I downloaded the .jar file, but when I try to open it I get a mime type error.
    Are you trying to download it from your touchpad. I didn't think you could download anything homebrew on your device until you get preware installed. Tell me how that works?
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219

Possibly 3 others same problem. Web OS loader doesn't seem to know the Touchpad is there. Start up screen and flippin' hourglass as before. Updated Java and DevMode, nada!

I managed to get Web installer stopped yesterday, it flipped to the install screen. I added the desired app and pressed install ....... absolutely nothing not even the hourglass of fate. Needless to say, no program running in task manager, either.

Is the newest release supposed to fix this?

Popsiq

This seems to be a common problem for people with Windows. The solution is as follows:

1.) You need to get the regular WebOS Quick Install window to come back. Right now it hangs on the green startup screen. You might be able to get it back by messing around with turning dev mode on/off, unplugging and plugging back in, or just restart the computer. Restarting will work.

2.) Once you get the WebOS Quick Install interface back and install the drivers you will have a an error message that says no device is plugged in. Alt-Ctrl-Delete and terminate the process called 'novacom'

3.) It should resume normal operations from here.
    The first post needs to be re-written since it seems to be confusing way too many people.

1. Download the file - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2774158/WebO...tall-4.2.3.jar
    2. Whilst downloading, enter developer mode: This can be done on your device by typing webos20090606 or upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart then opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.
    3. Connect the device to your computer, DO NOT ENTER USB MODE, just hot close, if not sure, don't click anything.
    4. Load the application you downloaded and choose to install the drivers.

This option here may confuse some people because there device may not have the Just Charge option, it says Close instead:

"Lastly, when you plug in the device, if you want to use WebOS Quick Install, choose the "Just Charge" option on the device."

5. Once drivers are installed, the application should be open, if not, open the Webos Application, click okay, click the globe icon below the - key, new window opens, under applications type preware in the search, select it, press install.

Bam!!!! Done.
    I have tried using WebOSQI to load preware on several different machines (Vista and Windows 7). I can download it successfully on all machines. However, when I click on the .jar file once I've downloaded it, it pops a window saying that there is no device attached, and do I want to re-install Novacom. I've confirmed that I'm in Dev mode, and I've selected "Just Charge". Any ideas? I've tried most of the fixes listed in this thread, but nothing seems to work. The current machine I'm working on is a 32-bit Vista. The version of WebOS QI is 4.2.3.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Asked in another thread but maybe someone in here had a similar problem and hopefully a solution. The app is working fine for me now but for sum reason Uberkernal isnt showing up in the app for me to install it. Any ideas?