Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    I have put my new HPTP in dev mode as instructions say to do and had no problems. I installed webos quickinstall 4.2.3 with no problems to my win7 machine.Java is updated. All seems to go well.I run into trouble when I try to download preware. I see it in the list click install it says its downloading, then the same progress window says its installing preware 1.7. Then while the window seems to be installing it just keeps on going. I have waited up to 20 minutes for it to install which it never completes, guess it could be I have not waited long enough, but that don't seem like the case. I actually had to go to task manager to stop. Knowing that I can wipe all clean, I tried to install a couple of other items and get the same response. Any idea whats going on?

Thanks and this site is great. I will be donating but would like to get this going.
    Thanks for any help.
    Steve
    sterlingh01 is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlingh01 View Post
    I have put my new HPTP in dev mode as instructions say to do and had no problems. I installed webos quickinstall 4.2.3 with no problems to my win7 machine.Java is updated. All seems to go well.I run into trouble when I try to download preware. I see it in the list click install it says its downloading, then the same progress window says its installing preware 1.7. Then while the window seems to be installing it just keeps on going. I have waited up to 20 minutes for it to install which it never completes, guess it could be I have not waited long enough, but that don't seem like the case. I actually had to go to task manager to stop. Knowing that I can wipe all clean, I tried to install a couple of other items and get the same response. Any idea whats going on?

Thanks and this site is great. I will be donating but would like to get this going.
    Thanks for any help.
    Steve
    sterlingh01 is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
    Sounds like the similar problem that I had... Never did figure out why but I tried the exact same steps on a different laptop and it work PERFECT without any problems? So sorry can't say why it didn't work but if you have access to another computer try that and see if it works from there?

Just letting you know what worked for me... Hope it helps!
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I have gone into developer mode on my TP. Didn't need a reboot (I've got the latest firmware). Downloaded the Java app and installed it. Go to run it and it finds my TP (didn't need to load any novacom drivers).

I click on the globe and it comes up with "downloading and parsing". But after about 30 seconds it stops and says "Error: Feed loading failed".

What's all that about? I'm on an internal HP network, not wireless. So, I'm stuck.

Help??????

Alan
    [edit - just read another post which suggests it may be a firewall issue. I'll try it at home and see if that gets me in]

Edit - ran it over a 3G connection and it's installed just fine.
    Last edited by alan sh; 08/11/2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: fixed
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Do you need to update the documentation for installing, so that just before item 9, you have some information about this error message?

Alan
    Hello my touch screen is dead and I need to export my memos and was planning on using this software and the PalmDatabase.db3 file?

I cant flip the on off switch to enter devmode with no touchscreen.

do I have any options?

Thanks
    i have quick install working on my computer but it keeps telling me that i dont have a device connected but i have my hp veer connected . and idk what to do .?
    Quote Originally Posted by stuarty View Post
    WebOS Quick Install 4.2.3 and the new SDK-PDK (3.0.2) install and work on Lion (Mac OS 10.7). The necessary novaterm drivers are installed correctly now.

The SDK-PDK is at https://developer.palm.com/content/r..._download.html.
    For those of you who can't get QI to work on Lion and if you don't want to go through installing the SDK-PDK (I have no use of it, and don't like to waste precious SSD space) follow these pretty simple steps:

1. Connect Phone, Press Just Charge
    2. Spotlight Search novacom
    3. Locate file novacomd, open folder keep it ready
    4. Open a terminal window and type sudo, don't press enter yet
    5. hit space, then drag novacomd onto the window and it will paste the filepath there
    6.hit enter, type password (it wont be shown as you type)
    7. launch quickinstall
    8. Novacom should be 'on' now and the terminal window will display activity
    hello,

big problem...

I installed a theme "Dark Theme" by downloading ipk file and installed it with QI 4.2.3...
    How can I uninstall it?
    In QI there is no "Themer" or similar thing.

What to do now?

Can't install other themes now, so I asked you for help.

Thanks a lot

Marcus
    I tried to download but after I double click the jar file it brings up Java Virtual Machine Launcher that says, "Could not find the main class. Program will exit." What do I need to do?
    I got preware installed! with developer mode on and with password

With Windows XP and novacom installed.

1. open Task manager > end task all Novacom related tasks
    2. use cmd to sc start novacomd
    3. novacom -r password -c login
    4. go to terminal folder to start novaterm.bat

then follow instructions from Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

cd /tmp
    wget http://gitorious.org/webos-internals...e-bootstrap.sh
    sh preware-bootstrap

done!
    Last edited by mattpala; 08/15/2011 at 10:39 AM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewbaby View Post
    I tried to download but after I double click the jar file it brings up Java Virtual Machine Launcher that says, "Could not find the main class. Program will exit." What do I need to do?
    You didn't mention what platform you are running to attempt to get this software going. If some version of Windows, please see my message #641 in this forum and try to run the program manually.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Hi All,

WebOSQI 4.2.3 is installed. It can find my TouchPad. I press the globe icon. I get the list of available packages. I search for Preware. It tells me "No Packages Found".

I scroll down the list and sure enough, no Preware.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

McKay
    Quote Originally Posted by mckay View Post
    Hi All,

WebOSQI 4.2.3 is installed. It can find my TouchPad. I press the globe icon. I get the list of available packages. I search for Preware. It tells me "No Packages Found".

I scroll down the list and sure enough, no Preware.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

McKay
    Hmmmm. Are you certain it is not already installed? It does disappear from the listing of available packages if it is already on your TouchPad. You can check by selecting Tools then Device Management from the main menu for webOSQuickInstall. After a few seconds, that will show you a list of everything installed on your TouchPad.
    Using osx lion.

Pre2 vers2.1 in dev mode.

Quick instal won't download the novacom drivers, also can't see the phone at all, phone is in charge only mode.

Any ideas?

Tried on a windows7 machine and same problem, software can't see phone.
    Does this work with a pixi plus running 1.4.5?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    hello,

I just bought this TP today and am having trouble with the WebOS Quick Installer. I updated my Java, turned on dev mode and downloaded WQI 4.2.3 and ran it. The app will open but that's it. I click on the globe icon and nothing happens. The device name bar is also blank if that means anything.

Edit - Working now. WQI froze so I force closed it. Then I noticed like 8 Vodacom processes running. Ended one and when I tried to end the next a popup came up asking for my dev mode password. After entering it WQI restarted and everything worked!
    Last edited by DreamScar; 08/20/2011 at 04:27 PM.
    I can't seem to get preware on my touchpad. I'm running mac 10.5.8 and I have java set up properly, I turned dev mode on, I downloaded WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3.jar but when I plug the usb cable in I only get 2 options, USB Drive and close. I click close and launch the WebOS program which asks to install the novacom driver. I click yes and follow the set-up but it fails saying The following install step failed: run postflight script for Palm webOS driver. I'm hoping someone can help as I searched already and haven't come up with a solid answer; so any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    hi
    I try to follow the steps to do homebrew, but when i plug in my touch pad to my laptop, it only shows 2 option, usb drive and Cancel, there was no "Charge only", I did change my TP to developer mode. when i install your Quick install 4.2.3, it did not connect to my TP, I tried many times to reinstall and re do the Novacom drivers, still no connection to my TP, please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamScar View Post
    hello,

I just bought this TP today and am having trouble with the WebOS Quick Installer. I updated my Java, turned on dev mode and downloaded WQI 4.2.3 and ran it. The app will open but that's it. I click on the globe icon and nothing happens. The device name bar is also blank if that means anything.

Edit - Working now. WQI froze so I force closed it. Then I noticed like 8 Vodacom processes running. Ended one and when I tried to end the next a popup came up asking for my dev mode password. After entering it WQI restarted and everything worked!
    hi, I got the same problem like yours, can you tell how did you make it happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatty69 View Post
    I can't seem to get preware on my touchpad. I'm running mac 10.5.8 and I have java set up properly, I turned dev mode on, I downloaded WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3.jar but when I plug the usb cable in I only get 2 options, USB Drive and close. I click close and launch the WebOS program which asks to install the novacom driver. I click yes and follow the set-up but it fails saying The following install step failed: run postflight script for Palm webOS driver. I'm hoping someone can help as I searched already and haven't come up with a solid answer; so any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    hi, I have same problem like yours, hope someone can help us out.