Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rdelgrande View Post
    I have Windows 7 and a Palm Pre. I am not able to install WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3. After downlding to my desktop my computer does not recognize a .jar extension. [I have the latest Java]. Redownld both, no change. Googling 'opening .jar' said it was the same as zip. I changed the extension to zip and extracted all files into a subfolder. Can't see how to run the programme from tne 439 files there! Thanks if you can help!
    If you don't have the original (unextracted) version of WebOSQuickInstall (WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3.jar) you first need to download that file again in order to use the following instructions.

You can manually launch the program. Click Start then click in the textbox with the label "Search programs and files". Type the letters cmd and then press the Enter key on your keyboard. In the window that comes up, CD to the folder where you have webosquickinstall.jar and then issue the command:

java -jar WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3.jar

If your PC says it cannot find java - that means it is not in your environment variable, PATH or not quite set up right in the registry. You can work around that by locating java by issuing the command:

ftype jarfile

which will respond with something like the following...

jarfile="C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*

So, you would then issue the command, including the specific path to java:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -jar WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3.jar

Notice that I changed javaw.exe to java.exe in this command line.

The program may come up OK. If it does not, at least you will have a command console window up where you can check for any error messages.
    When I open WebOS Quick Install I click on the globe and nothing happens. Windows 7 64bit
    HP Touchpad. I'd love to get preware on this thing but must be doing something wrong.
    It seems WOSQI 4.2.3 freezes (win 7 64) when a developer password is present. It will ask for password when launching the app within ubuntu 11.04. But starting from win 7 64 the app just freezes. Can anybody confirm this?

Played more with this. Found solution. When i kill novocom process it suddenly asks for password. After that i can use WOSQI.
    Last edited by rhodry; 08/02/2011 at 10:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 51fordcustom View Post
    Jason, I apologize because I know that you have covered this problem somewhere but I can't seem to find it. I have a Mac with OSX 10.6.8 and I have been trying to get WebOS QI to connect to my Pre for a week now. I finally doctored my Pre (other issues) on another computer because I can't get my to connect to this one. When I run WebOS QI it always fails the Novacom Driver install. Then I get a pop up that says it installed. But it never recognizes my device. I have an old Sprint Pre but I had been able to use WebOS QI a few months ago. I don't know what is wrong now. I have tried several times to remove then reinstall the Novacom Drivers but it never seem to help.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

I have verified several times that I am in Developer Mode.
    I have the exact same problem. I think for my Veer I ended up using my Windows laptop to get it to work, but I would like it to work on my desktop Mac!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I downloaded webOS quick install, updated novacom and put my touchpad into dev mode. I have restarted my tp and tried putting it in USB mode and selected the "close" option instead but I can't get quick install to recognize the TP at all. Still says please connect a device. Any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dic Doc View Post
    I have the exact same problem. I think for my Veer I ended up using my Windows laptop to get it to work, but I would like it to work on my desktop Mac!
    I think that is my next step. But I will have to borrow my daughter's windows laptop. Waiting for most convenient time. Thanks for letting me know your results. I think that Mac has some sort of problem with Novacom Drivers. If anybody else knows any fixes for Mac and Novacom Drivers please let me know. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by 51fordcustom View Post
    I think that is my next step. But I will have to borrow my daughter's windows laptop. Waiting for most convenient time. Thanks for letting me know your results. I think that Mac has some sort of problem with Novacom Drivers. If anybody else knows any fixes for Mac and Novacom Drivers please let me know. Thanks.
    I have used Mac laptops for all my webOS development over the last 2+ years, and have never had a problem the novacom drivers.

Just install the official SDK.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    any news for lion compatibility ?
    WebOS Quick Install 4.2.3 and the new SDK-PDK (3.0.2) install and work on Lion (Mac OS 10.7). The necessary novaterm drivers are installed correctly now.

The SDK-PDK is at https://developer.palm.com/content/r..._download.html.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKreese View Post
    I'm having trouble installing Preware on a MacBook Pro. Followed the instructions, Java's up to date, etc and downloaded 4.2.3. When I try to run it I get the message about needing to install novacom drivers. Ok fine, I accept that and I get the WEBOSQI screen in the upper right hand corner saying that its installing drivers and I get the Installer screen in the middle asking me where I want to install it, computer password, etc. When I get through that and select install though it says that the installation failed and to contact the software manufacturer. When I close that I get a message saying that the driver installed successfully followed by the system saying that it cannot detect any devices. That's the end of the show because you can only either keep asking it to look for devices or cancel and everything goes away. The novacom files are on my Mac HD in a folder called 'bin' inside of a folder named 'opt'. The info on them says 3/15/11. The installation also failed using the standalone installer. Any other Mac users out there who've experienced similar issues?
    I'm having this problem as we speak. I wish I could fix it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaporsphere View Post
    I'm having this problem as we speak. I wish I could fix it!
    My sister is having that exact problem too. Leopard, macbook.

Edit: error message: "run postflight script for palm webos drivers"
    Last edited by plariers; 08/06/2011 at 05:30 PM. Reason: clarification
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhodry View Post
    It seems WOSQI 4.2.3 freezes (win 7 64) when a developer password is present. It will ask for password when launching the app within ubuntu 11.04. But starting from win 7 64 the app just freezes. Can anybody confirm this?

Played more with this. Found solution. When i kill novocom process it suddenly asks for password. After that i can use WOSQI.
    yes, I confirm 100%.... I had to doctor my to to remove the pw and got it to work.... After a month of trials and almost giving up!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by plariers View Post
    My sister is having that exact problem too. Leopard, macbook.

Edit: error message: "run postflight script for palm webos drivers"
    Suggest following rwhitby's advice to 51fordcustom below, using stuarty's link. If the man can help make AT&T Pre+'s sing 2.1, he's probably right.

Also, make sure you have Dev Mode on*. (i didn't realize i had it off until after restarting my computer while diagnosing.

Note: after it's switched on, QuickInstall's drivers should hopefully be enough)

* For the use of QuickInstall and similiar Homebrews anyway. Caution as forum suggested.
    Last edited by motarasu; 08/10/2011 at 09:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    I downloaded webOS quick install, updated novacom and put my touchpad into dev mode. I have restarted my tp and tried putting it in USB mode and selected the "close" option instead but I can't get quick install to recognize the TP at all. Still says please connect a device. Any help?
    I think you may be going wrong at the "selecting close" part. Just leave that little message alone on the TP and then press "ok" on the WOSQI dialog box. Hope that works.

On a side note...anyone know why Preware would not be showing up in the app list at all. I'm on a TP and in dev mode and it just will not list the preware app.
    After 3 days of trying everything, reading everything on threads got quick install to recognize my device. Was losing sanity. Just had to download latest media pac for windows XP!! Had auto updates off and driver was too slow in responding. Anyway hope this helps someone else out there banging their tired, sleepless head against a wall!
    Hello,
    I am having trouble installing webos quick install.

I have a windows7 64bit professsional version & most current java version.

I downloaded the webosquickinstall-4.2.3.jar - no problem.

then i put the touchpad in power only by hitting "close".

Then it did not recognized the touchpad. I then moved the usb connection directly to the Machine it self and not a usb hub. Then the PC recognized the touchpad.

I thought that I was ready to go. I then started the webos quick install, and hit "install" - nothing happens. The button will turn blue when I hover over it but nothing else happens. What am i doing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by katmur View Post
    Hello,
    I am having trouble installing webos quick install.

I have a windows7 64bit professsional version & most current java version.

I downloaded the webosquickinstall-4.2.3.jar - no problem.

then i put the touchpad in power only by hitting "close".

Then it did not recognized the touchpad. I then moved the usb connection directly to the Machine it self and not a usb hub. Then the PC recognized the touchpad.

I thought that I was ready to go. I then started the webos quick install, and hit "install" - nothing happens. The button will turn blue when I hover over it but nothing else happens. What am i doing wrong.

when you get the dialog for USB drive or close...just ignore it. Don't select either one or WOSQI won't recognize the TP. That should work but I, personally, have been unable to get prepare from the feed list. It may not have been updated yet to account for the 3.0.2 TP update

also, you need to be in dev mode using the "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" enter that in the "just type" field. but, before you try plugging in the TP, make sure you have novacmd installed. It is an option when you launch WOSQI.
    Last edited by stevemarshall76; 08/07/2011 at 06:36 PM.
    WOSQI is sort of stuck in the device management screen while trying to uninstall Preware so that I can reinstall Preware. Any thoughts on how to get this thing moving?
    Hey,I'm having trouble with webos quick install.It worked fine while I installed need for speed undercover,checkers,asphalt 5 raging thunder 2 and x plane space shuttle.Then I installed weather now and ever since then it just says "installing".I let it install overnight and in the morning it still said installing.Please help because I don't have access to the app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyelse View Post
    Hey,I'm having trouble with webos quick install.It worked fine while I installed need for speed undercover,checkers,asphalt 5 raging thunder 2 and x plane space shuttle.Then I installed weather now and ever since then it just says "installing".I let it install overnight and in the morning it still said installing.Please help because I don't have access to the app catalog.
    If you don't have access to the app catalog, how have you legally obtained those paid apps?

-- Rod
    pastorich1 likes this.