Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Better off in either WOSQI or Preware forum.
    Maybe this link will help.

http://forums.precentral.net/3032214-post606.html
    solved! I was using an older version of quickinstall so I think thats where I went wrong. Tried version 4.2.3 and it worked immediately.
    Thanks Jason! That was the problem. It's fixed now.
    <<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by dannykavs View Post
    solved! I was using an older version of quickinstall so I think thats where I went wrong. Tried version 4.2.3 and it worked immediately.
    You're welcome.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Hey,

I just downloaded WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3.jar and webosdoctorp300hstnlwifi.jar.
    Downloaded and ran the latest version of Java 1.6.0_26
    Ran WebosDoctor to get the Latest Novacomd drivers in place.

When WebOsQI starts it just displays the splash screen and drops off.

System: Win 7 with Core i7 CPU Q720 with 4GB of RAM 64Bit OS
    HPTouchPad un modified in Developer mode

Any guesses any one? Thanks in advance.
    I'm also having problems connecting WebOS Quick Install to my device. (TouchPad).

When I try to install novacom, I see it run this command:

Code:
    sudo dpkg -i /tmp/palm-novacom_1.0.76_amd64.deb
    Which results in this message:

Code:
    dpkg: warning: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/available' near line 59235 package 'virtualbox-2.2':
     error in Version string '2.2.4-47978_Ubuntu_jaunty': invalid character in revision number
    dpkg: error processing /tmp/palm-novacom_1.0.76_amd64.deb (--install):
     cannot access archive: No such file or directory
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     /tmp/palm-novacom_1.0.76_amd64.deb
    I'm running Ubuntu 11.04
    does the new version of QI not have the tweak to squarify the screen?

Apologies if I am in the wrong forum for this, looked around and could not find the answer.
    Been searching for an answer but no luck.

Just converted to a FrankenPre2 (I'm on sprint, made with ATT Pre2)
    Whenever I try and launch WOSQI 4.2.3 I get :
    "Please enter your DevMode Password. Device: Palm Pre2"

Only problem is I never set up a password.

I have:
    1) re-doctored the phone 2x - same message
    2) re-installed Novacom drivers multiple times (note: remember Doctor works and previous versions of WOSQI work)
    3) restarted Phone and Mac numerous times
    4) searched for a "Default Password" on forums and web

I'm on a Macbook Pro Running 10.6.6

Temp Workaround:
    I am able to use WOSQI v 3.13. I put Preware on the phone (even though it posted an ERROR, upon restart the application was there) so between that and Internalz Pro I have been able to get up and running.

Any hints on why this is happening? (besides the obvious "you have a password set"...which I dont, but since it THINKS I do.... how does one reset it would be helpful..or is there a DEFAULT password?)

I thought I saw a post on resetting the password with Terminal but I cant find the post now.

Any step by step instructions out there?

Thanks

DT
  9.    #629  
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTreo View Post
    Been searching for an answer but no luck.

Just converted to a FrankenPre2 (I'm on sprint, made with ATT Pre2)
    Whenever I try and launch WOSQI 4.2.3 I get :
    "Please enter your DevMode Password. Device: Palm Pre2"

Only problem is I never set up a password.

I have:
    1) re-doctored the phone 2x - same message
    2) re-installed Novacom drivers multiple times (note: remember Doctor works and previous versions of WOSQI work)
    3) restarted Phone and Mac numerous times
    4) searched for a "Default Password" on forums and web
    Open Terminal on your Mac. Then type
    Code:
    novacom -c login -r ""
    and tell me what text gets outputted exactly
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I just installed webos quick install v4.2.3. I have a palm pre2 running webos 2.1.0 and an HP Touchpad running webos 3.0.0. When I invoke the web installer, it states that no device is connected, as in an earlier posting. For the palm pre2, I clicked "just charge" when prompted. With the touchpad, choices are "usb device" or "cancel" and I clicked "cancel". Any ideas?

I just solved my own problem. For others that might see this, refer to http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes

and turn on developer mode. All is working now.
    Last edited by NowImMe; 07/22/2011 at 11:32 AM. Reason: to add resolution
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Open Terminal on your Mac. Then type
    Code:
    novacom -c login -r ""
    and tell me what text gets outputted exactly
    Sorry Jason was offline for a bit....

when I type
    novacom -c login -r ""

I get:
    failed to connect to server

I tried launching 4.2.3 again and reinstalled the drivers. Still no luck, the application is asking for my password.
    I launch WOSQI 3.13 and though launching device management takes a long time it eventually correctly shows my installed applications and patches.

is this helpful?

Thanks again...
    Can some one help me. Not being very technical I am having problems. I have managed to get to the install screen but whatever I seem to try and install, it just spins saying installing. I have left it for up to 20 mins just spinning. Am I missing something
  13.    #633  
    Quote Originally Posted by davewells View Post
    Can some one help me. Not being very technical I am having problems. I have managed to get to the install screen but whatever I seem to try and install, it just spins saying installing. I have left it for up to 20 mins just spinning. Am I missing something
    Have you connected the device to USB Mode at least once on that computer? Also, try restarting your device and trying again

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTreo View Post
    launching 4.2.3 again and reinstalled the drivers. Still no luck, the application is asking for my password.
    I launch WOSQI 3.13 and though launching device management takes a long time it eventually correctly shows my installed applications and patches.

is this helpful?
    Actually really helpful I'll have an updated release of WOSQI soon, which should take that scenario into account

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Hello
    I've just install webosquickinstall version 4.2.3
    It worked well to install packages like preiware ..
    I installed some themes with webosquick insatll,bu I ddn't find any button to go back to default ..
    Do you have any ideas on this (some posts speak about a revert to default mode action .. i didn't found any ..)
    Thanks

Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Actually really helpful I'll have an updated release of WOSQI soon, which should take that scenario into account

Actually approximatively the same scenario happens with OS X Lion. My Novacom drivers seems to have lost tracks, and do not want to install anymore. I come with a message that no device is detected when launching WOQI, even though I did all the step carefully. No password asked though.

And last but not least, when I enter "novacom -c login -r "" "in a terminal, I get the same error as above: "failed to connect to server" !!

FYI before the update to Lion, everything worked like a charm^^
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Jason, I apologize because I know that you have covered this problem somewhere but I can't seem to find it. I have a Mac with OSX 10.6.8 and I have been trying to get WebOS QI to connect to my Pre for a week now. I finally doctored my Pre (other issues) on another computer because I can't get my to connect to this one. When I run WebOS QI it always fails the Novacom Driver install. Then I get a pop up that says it installed. But it never recognizes my device. I have an old Sprint Pre but I had been able to use WebOS QI a few months ago. I don't know what is wrong now. I have tried several times to remove then reinstall the Novacom Drivers but it never seem to help.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

I have verified several times that I am in Developer Mode.
    Last edited by 51fordcustom; 07/26/2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: left out info
  17. w0z
    Quote Originally Posted by NowImMe View Post
    I just installed webos quick install v4.2.3. I have a palm pre2 running webos 2.1.0 and an HP Touchpad running webos 3.0.0. When I invoke the web installer, it states that no device is connected, as in an earlier posting. For the palm pre2, I clicked "just charge" when prompted. With the touchpad, choices are "usb device" or "cancel" and I clicked "cancel". Any ideas?

I just solved my own problem. For others that might see this, refer to The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

and turn on developer mode. All is working now.
    The link above has been broken since I tried it yesterday. Can you possibly repost since I have similar problems with loading preware into my Touchpad.

Thanks!
    any news for lion compatibility ?
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    I have Windows 7 and a Palm Pre. I am not able to install WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3. After downlding to my desktop my computer does not recognize a .jar extension. [I have the latest Java]. Redownld both, no change. Googling 'opening .jar' said it was the same as zip. I changed the extension to zip and extracted all files into a subfolder. Can't see how to run the programme from tne 439 files there! Thanks if you can help!
  20.    #640  
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    any news for lion compatibility ?
    I wouldn't be the one to ask. The novacom driver is done by Palm. WOSQI just uses it.