Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 1336
Like Tree205Likes
  1. #601  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKreese View Post
    I'm having trouble installing Preware on a MacBook Pro. Followed the instructions, Java's up to date, etc and downloaded 4.2.3. When I try to run it I get the message about needing to install novacom drivers. Ok fine, I accept that and I get the WEBOSQI screen in the upper right hand corner saying that its installing drivers and I get the Installer screen in the middle asking me where I want to install it, computer password, etc. When I get through that and select install though it says that the installation failed and to contact the software manufacturer. When I close that I get a message saying that the driver installed successfully followed by the system saying that it cannot detect any devices. That's the end of the show because you can only either keep asking it to look for devices or cancel and everything goes away. The novacom files are on my Mac HD in a folder called 'bin' inside of a folder named 'opt'. The info on them says 3/15/11. The installation also failed using the standalone installer. Any other Mac users out there who've experienced similar issues?
    Same exact thing happened to me. Lmk if you figure it out because I am stuck
  2.    #602  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredf916 View Post
    Same exact thing happened to me. Lmk if you figure it out because I am stuck
    Try installing the webOS SDK. The installatiin should also install install novacom drivers and might work for your situation
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3. #603  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Try installing the webOS SDK. The installatiin should also install install novacom drivers and might work for your situation

    that worked for installing the drivers. but now it just doesnt see my device as being plugged in and im in developer mode on just charge.
  4. Jmmjr170's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #604  
    I finally upload the novacom drivers installed by downloading the webosdoctor for 3.0 as mention above. WEBOS qucik install now sees my touchpad. When I press the global button to look at the feeds, I get the error message "ERROR: Feed loading failed". Can someone help?
  5.    #605  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmmjr170 View Post
    I finally upload the novacom drivers installed by downloading the webosdoctor for 3.0 as mention above. WEBOS qucik install now sees my touchpad. When I press the global button to look at the feeds, I get the error message "ERROR: Feed loading failed". Can someone help?
    WOSQI uses the standard methods to connect to the internet via Java, so chances are that means something on your computer is preventing WOSQI from getting internet access. A firewall perhaps.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  6.    #606  
    I just received a TouchPad of my own, so I'd like to share my experiences with WOSQI, for those who may have similar issues.


    Preface: I should note, I already had WOSQI 4.2.3 setup for my Pre2 and other devices. I also have the newest novacom driver installed.

    -------------------------

    So, yea, I unpacked the TouchPad, charged it, and did the profile setup stuff.

    I went into the Phone app and dialed ##DEVMODE# (which is the 3rd way you can open up the DevMode app). I turned on DevMode and did not set a password.

    I plugged it into the computer and noticed the "Just Charge" button has been changed into a simple "Cancel" button. I hit Cancel, and tried opening WOSQI.

    Surprise, surprise, "No Devices Detected" error. So I figured I'd just copy some new wallpapers over and enabled USB Mode. ***, now WOSQI was detecting the TouchPad. However, as using WOSQI in USB Mode is unsafe, I ejected the TouchPad from USB Mode.

    Now, oddly enough, the TouchPad remained detectable by WOSQI. Naturally, I tried to install Internalz Pro. However the installation seemed to freeze at the "Installing..." phase.

    So, remembering what people had reported in this thread, I restarted my TouchPad. Once the boot-up had finish, I reconnected, launch WOSQI, and was able to successfully install apps.

    Haven't had any problems since

    -------------------------
    Conclusion: It seems I encountered several issues that had been reported here, in this thread. Interestingly, I noticed that before I plugged into USB Mode for the first time, novacom wasn't even listing the device as plugged-in. So it's possible there may be something that happens (either with Windows or webOS) that establishes the novacom driver for the new device.

    In addition, it seems that a single device restart was required before the AppInstaller device service was able to properly install packages. Possibly a bug that resulted from the profile setup app restores.


    Hopefully my experiences will help others entering the homebrew world with their TouchPad
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  7. TRoss's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #607  
    Too bad the developer of WOSQI (whoever that guy is) is too high on his ivory tower with his high horse to ever read this! Oh, wait . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I just received a TouchPad of my own, so I'd like to share my experiences with WOSQI, for those who may have similar issues.


    Preface: I should note, I already had WOSQI 4.2.3 setup for my Pre2 and other devices. I also have the newest novacom driver installed.

    -------------------------

    So, yea, I unpacked the TouchPad, charged it, and did the profile setup stuff.

    I went into the Phone app and dialed ##DEVMODE# (which is the 3rd way you can open up the DevMode app). I turned on DevMode and did not set a password.

    I plugged it into the computer and noticed the "Just Charge" button has been changed into a simple "Cancel" button. I hit Cancel, and tried opening WOSQI.

    Surprise, surprise, "No Devices Detected" error. So I figured I'd just copy some new wallpapers over and enabled USB Mode. ***, now WOSQI was detecting the TouchPad. However, as using WOSQI in USB Mode is unsafe, I ejected the TouchPad from USB Mode.

    Now, oddly enough, the TouchPad remained detectable by WOSQI. Naturally, I tried to install Internalz Pro. However the installation seemed to freeze at the "Installing..." phase.

    So, remembering what people had reported in this thread, I restarted my TouchPad. Once the boot-up had finish, I reconnected, launch WOSQI, and was able to successfully install apps.

    Haven't had any problems since

    -------------------------
    Conclusion: It seems I encountered several issues that had been reported here, in this thread. Interestingly, I noticed that before I plugged into USB Mode for the first time, novacom wasn't even listing the device as plugged-in. So it's possible there may be something that happens (either with Windows or webOS) that establishes the novacom driver for the new device.

    In addition, it seems that a single device restart was required before the AppInstaller device service was able to properly install packages. Possibly a bug that resulted from the profile setup app restores.


    Hopefully my experiences will help others entering the homebrew world with their TouchPad


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  8.    #608  
    Quote Originally Posted by TRoss View Post
    Too bad the developer of WOSQI (whoever that guy is) is too high on his ivory tower with his high horse to ever read this! Oh, wait . . .
    I think you may have misunderstood my post. I was showing how my experience was and showing the solutions I used. And as you'll note from reading the post, neither issues were actually to do with WOSQI, but rather Windows and webOS.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 07/15/2011 at 12:06 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  9. TRoss's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #609  
    I was just making a joke . . . I'm probably not as funny as I think I am (not the first time).

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I think you may have misunderstood my post. I was showing how my experience was and showing the solutions I used. And as you'll note from reading the post, neither issues were actually to do with WOSQI, but rather Windows and webOS.


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  10.    #610  
    Quote Originally Posted by TRoss View Post
    I'm probably not as funny as I think I am (not the first time).
    I'm also running on very little sleep right now, heh
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  11. Law00's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #611  
    I am not getting prompted for my password in Quickinstall and every time I select a menu it freezes up after I exit the menu (using Vista).
  12. Antwan3k's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #612  
    somebody really needs to change the instructions in Preware Homebrew Documentation to say that "just charge" = "cancel" on Touchpads.. it would really end alot of confusion..
  13. #613  
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwan3k View Post
    somebody really needs to change the instructions in Preware Homebrew Documentation to say that "just charge" = "cancel" on Touchpads.. it would really end alot of confusion..
    The next version of PHD will say:

    Plug your device into your home computer with the USB Cable. Select "Just Charge" (Phones) or "Cancel" (TouchPad). Do not select USB mode.
    Will that suffice?

    Any other suggestions for clarifications in the instructions are always welcome ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14. plcd22's Avatar
    Posts
    243 Posts
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    #614  
    I am also having many problems trying to get WebOS QI to work or for that matter even recognize my Touchpad?

    Dev mode is enabled and I have webos QI 4.2.3 and have "reinstalled novacomd" several times trying to make it work and it says "successfully installed" what else do I need on my computer to make it recognize my touchpad???

    I have had a Pre- since Sep the year it was released and have had homebrew stuff on it since the very beginning patches, themes and apps think it has somehting like 50-75 patches installed right now
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
  15. #615  
    Well, I finally got Preware loaded after reading from June 30th forward. Took the TP reboot to get it to work. I changed nothing else.

    Thanks Jason and everyone that contributed their feedback to get to a solution.
  16. #616  
    I know it's no one's fault and I'm not passing any blame to anyone, but I'm just posting this in hopes it may help others.

    To get WOQI to detect my TouchPad, I have to open WOQI, reinstall novacom, wait for it to finish, go to task manager, end the novacom.exe and then it will ask for the devmode password. I have to do this everytime I want to use WOQI with my TP. It works fine and correctly for my Pre.

    I'm running Vista 64bit
  17. #617  
    hey folks,

    I cant seem to get preware installed on my TP. I get to the point where webosquickinstall says its downloading then says installing and it just hangs on the installing window forever. I also notice that the cmd window looks like it keeps executing the same 2 things constantly.

    any help is appreciated. Thanks!

    Dan
  18. #618  
    Better off in either WOSQI or Preware forum.
    Maybe this link will help.

    http://forums.precentral.net/3032214-post606.html
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  19. #619  
    I get the same problem here, not sure what the issue is. Anyone have any ideas?
  20. Synz's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    #620  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Better off in either WOSQI or Preware forum.
    Maybe this link will help.

    http://forums.precentral.net/3032214-post606.html

    Perfect tip !

    Had the same problem.

Similar Threads

  1. How to install Preware using WebOS Quick Install
    By larrymcj in forum Canuck Coding
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04/23/2012, 04:09 PM
  2. Can't install webOS quick install on Veer
    By gregp in forum Canuck Coding
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04/22/2012, 07:30 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10/16/2010, 02:35 PM
  4. Can't Install themes using webOS quick install
    By fictional in forum Canuck Coding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08/16/2010, 05:47 PM
  5. Ubuntu & webOS Quick install- where did the install put it?
    By Speedwagon in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11/01/2009, 08:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions